hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jack Ross

He's hot so he's cashing in. You can't blame him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless they are able to boot players out, I would have thought that £7k per week would make him one if the lowest paid football people at the club.
    Thought that myself but shows they intend to run the club properly. Suspect a massive bonus if they win the league.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Sunderland are probably at the very lowest they can be, and with what appears a new owner who's got a bit of money, and a support that will come out with a winning team on the park.

I dont think this is as much a gamble for Ross as some folk think.

He obviously will back himself, he will believe in how good he is, and must see this as a real chance to take a lumbering giant back up at least to the Championship, and maybe even better if he gets the funds.

He has a good name in Scotland, and if he fails will still get work in his home country.

He has to take this job, he'd not normally get a job this big, but because of the situation Sunderland find themselves in, he's just become the right man at the right time for them.

I wish him well.

Exactly.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Now appointed:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44238168

Incredible really - started his career managing Alloa, was relegated from the Championship with them (as you would expect) in 2016 - appointed St. Mirren manager in Oct 2016, looks like they're dropping like a stone and then they had that amazing renaissance. Wins the Championship the following season and now at Sunderland - all in two and a half years.

Sunderland were a Premiership club when St. Mirren appointed him. Good luck to him, be interesting to see how he does.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Now appointed:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44238168

Incredible really - started his career managing Alloa, was relegated from the Championship with them (as you would expect) in 2016 - appointed St. Mirren manager in Oct 2016, looks like they're dropping like a stone and then they had that amazing renaissance. Wins the Championship the following season and now at Sunderland - all in two and a half years.

Sunderland were a Premiership club when St. Mirren appointed him. Good luck to him, be interesting to see how he does.
    He was caretaker manager at Dumbarton, didn’t get the job at the time, as Ian murray was appointed, although I believe he stayed on as Ian’s assistant

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    He was caretaker manager at Dumbarton, didn’t get the job at the time, as Ian murray was appointed, although I believe he stayed on as Ian’s assistant
    I didn't realise that Billy, i had thought that Ian brought him in - he was definitely IM's assistant though.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    I didn't realise that Billy, i had thought that Ian brought him in - he was definitely IM's assistant though.
    I think he was a coach at Dumbarton when the manager was sacked. He was put in charge until the new manager came in, Ian Murray, then he became Ian’s assistant

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I think he was a coach at Dumbarton when the manager was sacked. He was put in charge until the new manager came in, Ian Murray, then he became Ian’s assistant

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    he’ll be able to come back and get a job a level up from where he currently is. He can’t lose on this one - minted over night and a reputation big enough to comfortably slot in at Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc.
    It's true. if he stayed and St Mirren finished in the loweer half of the league, which they probably would do, he'd be lucky to get a job at .....er.....Rotherham.