hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

NHC Alex Ferguson

In a critical condition in hospital facing surgery tonight.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Sir Alex Ferguson seriously ill

Apparently in hospital in a serious condition and due to have surgery later tonight.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just heard. Hope he pulls through, absolute legend of the game.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    I wondered if something was up when I saw that his laddie Darren hadn’t gone to his teams game today.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Hope he pulls through. Leviathan of the game.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Really hope he pulls through. Gutted to hear this!

@hibs.net private member
    Brain haemorrhage according to the bbc.

Testimonial Due
    Already had the OP Man Utd have released statement, went well and is in recovery at minute

A Scottish football icon and legend. Hoping he pulls through.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough hibsmum's Avatar
    Best wishes Fergie

Fingers crossed for him, hope he recovers.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    One of the old school of management who succeeded thorough different eras.
    Hope he pulls through.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Get well soon Fergie!

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    removed
    hope that was typed in error
    Last edited by Mr White; 05-05-2018 at 07:26 PM.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    removed
    erse
    Last edited by Mr White; 05-05-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Absolute giant of the game that we all love and a true Scottish icon.

Hope you pull through Fergie.

What’s with all the deleted messages? Surely to god no one finds this funny? If someone is mocking him while he’s fighting for his life I hope they are banned from here.

I’m not a Man U fan at all, but Fergie is a proper football legend he deserves all the respect he gets as he’s earned it.
    Last edited by Thecat23; 05-05-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Good luck Fergie.. true legend.. thoughts and prayers with you🤞

Awful news about Sir Alex. Fingers crossed for him.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    What’s with all the deleted messages? Surely to god no one finds this funny? If someone is mocking him while he’s fighting for his life I hope they are banned from here.

I’m not a Man U fan at all, but Fergie is a proper football legend he deserves all the respect he gets as he’s earned it.
    100% this.....cmon fergie, your made of the right stuff
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Sorry to hear this, I hope all is well, living football legend.

The greatest manager ever IMO and certainly the most successful. God Bless him and I hope he makes a full recovery

Blog Entries
    #keepfightingfergie

Left by mutual consent!
    C'mon Fergie - if anyone can outplay the guy with the scythe, it's you !!

Coaching Staff
    I was lucky enough to get a signed football of the '83 Gothenburg Aberdeen team thanks to Sir Alex - and my incredibly dogmatic gran who bent Eric Black's ear relentlessly when they were neighbours !!! SAF didn't even think twice about it apparently and the said signed football was in my very young hands a couple of weeks after they won the cup getting battered around her garden with Eric in goals .

It turned full circle when a few years later I had a seasonal job at The Sheraton in Edinburgh and found myself serving Sir Alex, Archie Knox and Paddy Crerand after Man Utd had played a testimonial game here......I think it might have been after Eamonn Bannon's but might be wrong. They sat talking football, drinking, and being the best company a young football fan and then 'footballer' could have ever imagined. Ended up staying on and 'serving' them (whilst they insisted I drink with them) until the wee small hours.............and telling Mark Hughes to beat it and get to his bed when he tried to come into the bar and get served when he asked me if I still had the football I said sadly it had been stolen (which it had)........at which point he said 'aye did yer gran check the boot of Eric's car when he left fir France'

Lovely, lovely man who that night made a then young, impressionable, Hibs daft 'wannabe footballer' from Edinburgh feel a million dollars by the end of his shift that day/night.

Hope he pulls through

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    A great man that I always admired. Hope he pulls through.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I was lucky enough to get a signed football of the '83 Gothenburg Aberdeen team thanks to Sir Alex - and my incredibly dogmatic gran who bent Eric Black's ear relentlessly when they were neighbours !!! SAF didn't even think twice about it apparently and the said signed football was in my very young hands a couple of weeks after they won the cup getting battered around her garden with Eric in goals .

It turned full circle when a few years later I had a seasonal job at The Sheraton in Edinburgh and found myself serving Sir Alex, Archie Knox and Paddy Crerand after Man Utd had played a testimonial game here......I think it might have been after Eamonn Bannon's but might be wrong. They sat talking football, drinking, and being the best company a young football fan and then 'footballer' could have ever imagined. Ended up staying on and 'serving' them (whilst they insisted I drink with them) until the wee small hours.............and telling Mark Hughes to beat it and get to his bed when he tried to come into the bar and get served when he asked me if I still had the football I said sadly it had been stolen (which it had)........at which point he said 'aye did yer gran check the boot of Eric's car when he left fir France'

Lovely, lovely man who that night made a then young, impressionable, Hibs daft 'wannabe footballer' from Edinburgh feel a million dollars by the end of his shift that day/night.

Hope he pulls through
    Brilliant story. Good friends of my wife's family had a son who tragically died at a young age after a life long illness. He was a big Man Utd fan and he visited Old Trafford a few times while he could. STF went above and beyond on every occasion and has continued ever since to support the family in their charitable trust that was set up to help the families of children stricken with the same condition. Regardless of football affiliation the guy is an absolute legend and a gentleman and I hope he pulls through.

Hope the great man makes a full recovery........

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Brilliant story. Good friends of my wife's family had a son who tragically died at a young age after a life long illness. He was a big Man Utd fan and he visited Old Trafford a few times while he could. STF went above and beyond on every occasion and has continued ever since to support the family in their charitable trust that was set up to help the families of children stricken with the same condition. Regardless of football affiliation the guy is an absolute legend and a gentleman and I hope he pulls through.
    Very sorry to hear about the loss they had mate, tragic. But as you say, football for all it's critics does have many people in the game who have huge hearts and are very human and humble despite the money and fame.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post

Hope he pulls through
    That’s brilliant, love reading these kind of stories.