hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Dons v Hibs pre match thoughts

24 hours to go until our game of the season.
    Hibs head to Pittodrie on the back of 2 wins since the split.

This game is shaping up to be the key game for both teams in getting 2nd place. A Dons win and it looks like we’ll probably have to settle for 3rd, but a Hibs draw or victory, and it’s going to the last kick of the ball a week on Sunday

Wonder what Neil’s thoughts are with regards to team selection
    Does he start with the same 11 who played against Killie, or will Dylan come in if he’s fit

Can’t wait for this, going to be a great occasion

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    We've got to go for a straight win, as draw helps them.
    As proved last week against Kilmarnock, if we go for it we are stronger than nearly every team in the league and maybe even all of them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've got to go for a straight win, as draw helps them.
    As proved last week against Kilmarnock, if we go for it we are stronger than nearly every team in the league and maybe even all of them!!!
    I agree that we need to look to win. But a draw isn’t a disaster even though we are behind them.

With the playing Rangers and Celtic back to back we just need to make sure we stay in distance.

It’s definitely a must not lose game. But I’m not sure it’s a must win.

@hibs.net private member
    We’ll win 3-1, there you go I’ve predicted it. Let’s hope Carlesberg do SCottish League weekends.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    2-1 Hibs.

No worries going forward it is at the back I worry. If we are switched and keep them out we will score. 2-1 Hibs in a hard fought encounter. For me it is a must win because I think Aberdeen will buckle if pressure is put on them. I think will Killie will get a draw.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    if we score first we will win :) if they do we will draw

but i wouldn't bet on my predictions

Left by mutual consent!
    If we lose we will finish 4th

If we win we will finish 2nd

The draw ? Who knows

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we lose we will finish 4th

If we win we will finish 2nd

The draw ? Who knows
    A draw would be a massive result too...due to The Rangers goal difference.

Get stuck in, **** the sheep

We will have to be stronger at the back in this one, we were far too open against Killie where our marking of Boyd was woeful to be honest. For me this is a game that could go either way, their home form is good but so is our away form, unfortunately Pittodrie was the one place this season where we had a total nightmare and it goes without saying that if we play like that again we will get humped.

In short I have absolutely no idea how this is going to go ..... can we beat them? of course we can, but there's no denying our record at Pittodrie over the last few decades is mediocre at best.

Their danger men are without a doubt Shinnie, McLean and GMS, the absence of McLean has to be a bonus for us so if we can stifle the other two we will give ourselves a great chance. By that I don't mean us playing defensively but by making their midfield have to think defensively and stop them getting forward .... it was noticeable in the cup semi final how poorly they handled a Motherwell team who chased and harried them at every turn at the top end of the park and it cant have escaped anybody's notice that they are practically the only team in the league who have struggled against Levin's cloggers, I'm not suggesting for a second that we play like the Yams, but it does indicate that Aberdeen don't do well in a physical game .... they proved first time out at ER that they can dish it out, I'm not so convinced they can take it.

If a draw turned out to be enough to get us to the last day with Hibs needing a win against the Zombies and a Sheep defeat to Celtic to give us a chance of 2nd I'd settle for that