hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left by mutual consent!
    Throwing Patterson's name in with Tierney and Robertson, behave 😂

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Robertson is 3 years older than Tierney, so that puts him ahead of him just now
    It’s great that we have this dilemma, but I think Tierney can play a lot of different positions, where as Robertson is predominantly a left back
    I’m sure McLeish will find a way to play both of them though

Regardless that he is at Celtc, Tierney’s attitude seems absolutely spot on. He could well get a big move this summer if he wants it.

Robertson is obviously great.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Strange one eh........did we not have the same issue with Danny mcgrain and sandy jardine in the right back position.
    Whilst they could have used shades 😎 Did they not play one of them on the left ?
    But 2 great fullbacks.....
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    Strange one eh........did we not have the same issue with Danny mcgrain and sandy jardine in the right back position.
    Whilst they could have used shades 😎 Did they not play one of them on the left ?
    McGrain

"But isn't it Scotland's luck that they both play the same position."

I'm sure we can come to some arrangement. We're hardly going to drop either of them, are we?

Play one further forward FFS. Rocket science.

Both exceptional young players and both should start for Scotland. We need to find ways to accommodate both playing imo.

Whether Robertson is left mid with Tierney behind him or Tierney is left of a 3/centre back.

Mental to think we also have Barry Douglas who has had an exceptional season for wolves.

Tierney would walk into most premier league teams imo. Man Utd should go for him imo.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    It was the same with keepers over the last 10 years (Gordon/Marshall/Marshall) and years before with Goram/Leighton.

If pushed I do prefer Robertson, although both are cracking young players.

I think Tierney probably defends better of the two, but Robertson is such an asset going forward and has a great delivery. I also think Robertson has improved recently (probably Liverpool's best player, the glamorous attack aside?)

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Both exceptional young players and both should start for Scotland. We need to find ways to accommodate both playing imo.

Whether Robertson is left mid with Tierney behind him or Tierney is left of a 3/centre back.

Mental to think we also have Barry Douglas who has had an exceptional season for wolves.

Tierney would walk into most premier league teams imo. Man Utd should go for him imo.
    Utd have been strongly linked to him down here. Fans are still talking about it. it hasn't really went away most of the season and Mourinho's behaviour towards Shaw adds fuel to the left back question.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hanlon's had a really good season for us as a sort of attacking centre back.

His ability (and Efe's) to come out of defence with the ball has been a big part of our success in the second part of this season.

I could see Robertson playing the role Stevenson does, and Tierney playing the role that Hanlon does for Scotland.

Only not as well as Hanlon and Stevenson obviously.

Testimonial Due
    The biggest problem with young Scottish players, is that they are judged by fans as failures when they go down south even before a ball is kicked?
    The other side of the coin, is if they don't move south (Scott Brown) they know they can't cut it in the bigger leagues?
    All young players are pre-judged by most fans, because of who they play for whether they are good or bad!
    Most young players would like to take the challenge, but mostly they hear, "wait a couple of years, then move", this is touted by clubs trying to get more money on hopefully improving players.
    If a bigger club comes in for a good young player, by taking a chance it will always stop the thinking what ifs later in their career!
    With Robertson, he took a chance on Hull, and he went from strength to strength, and ended up in a very good Liverpool side!!
    With Tierney, most fans will say "its easy to play in a Celtic team that's better than any other in Scotland", and will only really be judged if he ever moves south to a similar sized club, which is a shame as down there it is every game is hard fought, while in Scotland, its maybe only once a month they are really tested!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Over rated in what way ? are you saying the opposition to Celtic is terrible.
    (Not the OP) Wasn't particularly impressed by him in the games against us.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    I would let both Robertson and Tierney learn their trade until Lewis decides to hang up his boots.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Robertson to LM for Scotland.. Has to happen
    This

Can Tierney not play CB?