hibs.net Messageboard

Home or Away Kit on Saturday?

Just watching some old wins at Pittodrie on Hibs TV, one thing I've noticed is that we seem to wear our away kit quite a lot up there for absolutely no reason. We did the same in December, even though Aberdeen played in red both times at Easter Road. Home kit on Saturday, please!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just watching some old wins at Pittodrie on Hibs TV, one thing I've noticed is that we seem to wear our away kit quite a lot up there for absolutely no reason. We did the same in December, even though Aberdeen played in red both times at Easter Road. Home kit on Saturday, please!
    Possibly because the games on late have been live on TV, trying to sell away strips
    Green for me please on Saturday!

It's not an 'away kit'... it's a 'change kit to be worn only when there's a definite colour clash'.

I think we have worn black in every away game except Ibrox, Dens and Tynecastle this year. Same as we wore yellow away last year most weeks, purple the year before and white the year before.

I don't like it but most teams in Scotland wear their alternate kit away these days. Very few teams have worn their 1st choice kit at ER this season; Killie wore red twice, Dundee wore red and black, Partick wore black, Motherwell wore black....

Green at Ross County and Motherwell too, so it's about half and half. Last year with Nike was ridiculous, playing in that luminous yellow kit at Tannadice against luminous orange ffs

I surely can't be the only person who isn't really bothered by the strip we wear on a match day

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    I surely can't be the only person who isn't really bothered by the strip we wear on a match day
    I think you're in a small minority - I much prefer watching any team playing in the kit I recognise as their kit - and this especially applies to Hibs because our home kit is just so darned beautiful!

Naa I’m the same just don’t like our away kit so green for me please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think we have worn black in every away game except Ibrox, Dens and Tynecastle this year. Same as we wore yellow away last year most weeks, purple the year before and white the year before.

I don't like it but most teams in Scotland wear their alternate kit away these days. Very few teams have worn their 1st choice kit at ER this season; Killie wore red twice, Dundee wore red and black, Partick wore black, Motherwell wore black....
    Aberdeen wore red though?

It's not as if Tam McCourt will be holding up the subs board and your name will be on it. Wear your pyjamas if you want to. Three points is the only important thing here.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    It's not as if Tam McCourt will be holding up the subs board and your name will be on it. Wear your pyjamas if you want to. Three points is the only important thing here.
    You think Hibs can get three points if they turn up in their jammies? This new optimism knows no bounds. Your getting mixed up here aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    You think Hibs can get three points if they turn up in their jammies? This new optimism knows no bounds. Your getting mixed up here aren't you?
    I was talking about the fans not the players.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    I was talking about the fans not the players.

You want all Fans to attend games wearing their Jammies? Is this some kinky fetish?

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    You want all Fans to attend games wearing their Jammies? Is this some kinky fetish?
    If you want. It's no compulsory.