hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

NHC And we complain about a barrier!

Liverpool fans could be kept inside the Stadio Olimpico until 1AM tonight - Italian authorities have warned - to limit the possibility of trouble after the match.

During the “long hold back”, a replay of the whole match will be played on the stadium’s big screen for the supporters, as they will be kept for up to two-and-a-half hours after the Champions League second leg has ended.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Maybe we could do the same with The Rangers and have big screens showing the 2016 Scottish Cup Final.

Good luck to Liverpool tonight. They should have enough to get to the final. Trouble free as well.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe we could do the same with The Rangers and have big screens showing the 2016 Scottish Cup Final.

Good luck to Liverpool tonight. They should have enough to get to the final. Trouble free as well.
    Nah, just have them watch the final 10 minutes on repeat, reminding them all of when Henderson delivered

Utterly ridiculous.

I think it's about time EUFA were cracking down on Clubs where it is quite obviously so dangerous for visiting Fans.

Absolutely shocking treatment

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    During the “long hold back”, a replay of the whole match will be played on the stadium’s big screen for the supporters, as they will be kept for up to two-and-a-half hours after the Champions League second leg has ended.
    That’ll be a bit of a bummer if they go out.

I'm sure that this would be classed as imprisonment in a court of law. Two and a half hours. The Roma fans will have long gone and most of them will be in bed. Absolutely ridiculous. Would it happen in the UK.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    I'm sure that this would be classed as imprisonment in a court of law. Two and a half hours. The Roma fans will have long gone and most of them will be in bed. Absolutely ridiculous. Would it happen in the UK.
    I was just thinking the same.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Utterly ridiculous.

I think it's about time EUFA were cracking down on Clubs where it is quite obviously so dangerous for visiting Fans.

Some of Liverpool fans are no angels mind.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Utterly ridiculous.

Definitely. They'll talk about it possibly but meantime this might be the only way to guarantee the safety of the Liverpool fans against some of Europe's greatest cowards.

Anyway cmon Liverpool.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    Nah, just have them watch the final 10 minutes on repeat, reminding them all of when Henderson delivered
    I'd just have "HENDERSON TO DELIVEEEEERRR" on continuously to drive them mentally insane.

First Team Breakthrough
    Hopefully for the time they are in there, they will have access to food and drink. Are you able to get a pint at Italian games?

To be fair it's probably for the best, and will result in considerably less stabbings post-match than would inevitably happen if they were just let loose to make own way back into city afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk1875 View Post
    Hopefully for the time they are in there, they will have access to food and drink. Are you able to get a pint at Italian games?

Yes. Had about 6 pints of moretti when I was at the stadio Olympico. Doubt the scousers will though.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    I'd just have "HENDERSON TO DELIVEEEEERRR" on continuously to drive them mentally insane.
    Aw naw!!

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Nae need. You'd only be over-egging the pudding

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I think there’s a blanket ban on alcohol at the champions league games is there not?

Can you drink in stadiums in Italy during league games like you can in Germany?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I think there’s a blanket ban on alcohol at the champions league games is there not?

Can you drink in stadiums in Italy during league games like you can in Germany?
    Aye, but at the 3 Serie A games i've been too, no Italians bevvied. (Your also correct with no bevvy at all at any Champions League games)

Regarding cracking down on clubs, how can clubs be held accountable for fans and local lunatics two hours after the game 5 miles away from the stadium? Could be wrong I reckon it'll be the polis keeping them in so by the time they get out and back in the city, the bars and cafes will be shut.
    Last edited by green&left; 02-05-2018 at 08:14 PM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Aye, but at the 3 Serie A games i've been too, no Italians bevvied. (Your also correct with no bevvy at all at any Champions League games)

Regarding cracking down on clubs, how can clubs be held accountable for fans and local lunatics two hours after the game 5 miles away from the stadium? Could be wrong I reckon it'll be the polis keeping them in so by the time they get out and back in the city, the bars and cafes will be shut.
    Strict liability is the only way to stop these fuds. If your supporters misbehave you should be looking at being banned from the competition for a certain period of time.

I agree that there has to be a point where the club cannot be responsible but when you've got a situation where supporters of teams are being held back for 2/2.5 hours after a game there has to be something radical done

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Strict liability is the only way to stop these fuds. If your supporters misbehave you should be looking at being banned from the competition for a certain period of time.

I agree that there has to be a point where the club cannot be responsible but when you've got a situation where supporters of teams are being held back for 2/2.5 hours after a game there has to be something radical done
    A few Liverpool fans get slashed across the arse tonight at 2am. How do you know they're Roma? Could be Lazio? Could be nothing to do with football and could be right-wing lunatics like those who attacked Spurs a few years back...?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    A few Liverpool fans get slashed across the arse tonight at 2am. How do you know they're Roma? Could be Lazio? Could be nothing to do with football and could be right-wing lunatics like those who attacked Spurs a few years back...?
    If they can provide evidence to prove it wasn't Roma fans then fine, if it is proven to be Roma fans then what? The only deterrent to people who are as radically committed to their football team as this is to punish the team they support for their behaviour.

However as I mentioned in my original response there should be a cutoff - in which case the theoretical instance you cite the club would not be responsible.

@hibs.net private member
    Liverpool fans could be kept inside the Stadio Olimpico until 1AM tonight - Italian authorities have warned - to limit the possibility of trouble after the match.

Plenty time to do the helicopter with their scarves.
    Hearts Class.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Will some not have flights booked for tonight?
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

To be fair, it could stop them causing trouble. It's for their own good really.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Will some not have flights booked for tonight?
    Probably charters so they can get straight back to sign on