hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs Down The Herald Accuses Hibs Fans Of Sectarianism

Today's Herald contains yet another lazy journalism article in which they have grouped Hibs alongside Rankers, Celtc and Hearts in an article about Nil-By-Mouth's complaint on the failure to tackle sectarianism in Scottish Football.

They also said that it's about time government funding, such as the money we receive for the Oriam Centre (????) should be taken away until each club does something about the problem.

It's unclear from the article whether Nil-By-Mouth have also accused Hibs by name but the reporter has definitely named us as one of the four clubs in question

These people are total idiots and should be taken to task for slurring the good name of our Club and Support.

ARTICLE

Perhaps one of our Fans Representatives could this matter up with the Club as a matter of urgency.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I agree and really hope the club do something, anything about this bloody disgrace! Lumping us in with the poison spouted constantly at Darkhead and Ipox

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    I’m sick fed up of these lazy west coast poor excuse for journalists lumping us in with the other 3

Hope the club comes down hard on them

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Nil by Mouth have named us previously and it's time they were challenged by the club.

Coaching Staff
    I'm astonished that not one media outlet has ever brought Rangers Media to task - the content on that forum is not only disgraceful but littered with posts that are criminal, sordid, bigoted and sectarian.

How about them doing that

@hibs.net private member
    If James Fish posts here I just want to say well done for your comprehensive reply on the article. Good work sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nil by Mouth have named us previously and it's time they were challenged by the club.

These people might have founded their organisation for a noble reason but have proven to be complete idiots in practice, e.g. the constant slander of Hibs' good name and pandering to fans of The Rangers and the 'Hun' word.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    I’m sick fed up of these lazy west coast poor excuse for journalists lumping us in with the other 3

Hope the club comes down hard on them
    Journalists really got a university degree but not in the real world.

Herald used to be a really respectable publication. I think there has been a change in editorial lately, as it’s been looking like a right-wing tabloid for a wee while now.

Absolutely despicable attempt at defamation here ! They can absolutely do one!

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    We are a club with roots in Ireland. Our name is associated with Ireland... ergo, we are sectarian...

... It's true. Ask any hun

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    Herald used to be a really respectable publication. I think there has been a change in editorial lately, as it’s been looking like a right-wing tabloid for a wee while now.

Absolutely despicable attempt at defamation here ! They can absolutely do one!
    This was the Sunday Herald, mind.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Nil by mouth should be taken to task on this, they have previously mentioned Hibs when referring to lack of action against sectarianism.

I’m sure it’s Nil by mouth who tried to have the term Hun deemed as sectarian!

Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    Nothing lazy about it. Deliberate attempt to sully the reputation of fair and decent fans. These so called journalists know the shame their Celtic and Sevco bring to the game and country but detest other clubs pointing fingers.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    This (alongside the fact that its a daft idea to begin with) is why I'm against strict liability and the crazy anti sectarian singing laws.
    The establishment isn't interested in a narrative where sectarianism in football is a primarily old firm issue. When they are forced to come for somebody they'll try to come for us first, the truth doesn't come into it.

Nil by mouth should keep it that way west coast nobody’s

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Hibs fan accuses Herald of being an irrelevance as a source of news and information .

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Claiming Hearts and Hibs are the wee cousins of Celtic and Rangers is in itself sectarian.

You have similar roots so you're the same. **** off.

Is it because of our use of the word “Hun”?

I don’t know the rights and wrongs of using that word but if it is for that reason they had better tar every club in Scotland with the same brush. Why just us?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Its pretty obvious from the incorrect stuff about Oriam that its been written by a journalist without a clue about football.

Its also pretty shabby from Nil By Mouth - My reading of that is that they come out with some baseless crap about the Edinburgh clubs, and when Hibs and Hearts dont bother to respond to said crap, use the non response as validation of crap !

I am all for rooting out sectarianism in our society, but this type of nonsense simply lets the real culprits off the hook.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Nil by Mouth are a disgrace. I wrote to them, highlighting their erroneous website which named Hibs as having a sectarian element to their support. It was a reasonable point and I also highlighted that they
    actually collude with the bigots by perpetuating this myth.

No reply, funnily enough.

The club should be firm with this crap, refuting the Herald’s nonsense. Every team’s fans throughout Scottish football calls the Hun the Hun.
    Last edited by superfurryhibby; 29-04-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

These people might have founded their organisation for a noble reason but have proven to be complete idiots in practice, e.g. the constant slander of Hibs' good name and pandering to fans of The Rangers and the 'Hun' word.

Is nil by mouth paid by tax payers money if so wasted cash

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Nil by Mouth are a disgrace. I wrote to them, highlighting their erroneous website which named Hibs as having a sectarian element to their support. It was a reasonable point and I also highlighted that they
    actually collude with the bigots by perpetuating this myth.

No reply, funnily enough.

The club should be firm with this crap, refuting the Herald’s nonsense. Everyone team’s fans throughout Scottish football calls the Hun the Hun.

I think Nil by Mouth pandered to ludicrous accusations of sectarianism by us and others in order to try and gain some credibility with Der Hun... and it backfired spectacularly.

If 'Hun' is a sectarian word, how come its only used to describe one set of supporters? Diet Hun etc is clearly used to describe Hunnish behaviour by our neighbours... and we all know what it means.

The majority of Scottish clubs have Protestant roots... but the majority of Scottish clubs have no truck with this sectarian BS.

Left by mutual consent!
    'Scottish football has an utterly dismal record on sectarianism"

Yeah, much easier (and safer) than saying Celtic & Rangers ! So because we 'didn't respond to a request by the Herald for a comment' we suddenly have a sectarian problem ?? Over to you, LD !

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Nil By Mouth have previously stated that the word ‘Hun’ is sectarian.

Other than the fact that it is scandalous that Hibs have been named in the article, I agree with much of what Nil by Mouth are saying.

Scottish football's inaction on sectarianism is a disgrace.

But if we're going to ever do anything about it, we need to start with the guiltiest institutions - Rangers, Celtic and the Scottish football authorities.

Hibs and Hearts shouldn't be anything to do with this.

due to work and family commitments it's rare I get to games theses days.Is Forever and ever still sung?still chant dirty orange *******s at the Huns ?

pales into insignificance compared to what rangers sing but still unacceptable.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    This is an utterly disgusting allegation and it should be refuted very, very aggressively.

Aside from the club needing to confront this false claim it seems to me that a complaint to the Independent Press Standards Organisation could well be merited.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Nil By Mouth have previously stated that the word ‘Hun’ is sectarian.
    That was just 'Nil By Mouth' jumping on the band-wagon when the Hun had a laughable petition out to have it declared sectarian - incredible stuff, an organistion dedicated to combatting sectarianism joining forces with the worst practitioners of it !

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Other than the fact that it is scandalous that Hibs have been named in the article, I agree with much of what Nil by Mouth are saying.

Scottish football's inaction on sectarianism is a disgrace.

But if we're going to ever do anything about it, we need to start with the guiltiest institutions - Rangers, Celtic and the Scottish football authorities.

Hibs and Hearts shouldn't be anything to do with this.
    Hearts should be, they've let that element of their support creep back into their support which has been quite clear this season. Just as bad as the other two.