hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

National Trust of Scotland

Great new advert to promote the NToS. Celebs like Alex McLeish, Judy Murray and more throwing their tuppence worth in.
    IIRC, they have a high profile celeb as their President. I'm wondering why he isn't among the cast of the pro-mo video?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great new advert to promote the NToS. Celebs like Alex McLeish, Judy Murray and more throwing their tuppence worth in.
    IIRC, they have a high profile celeb as their President. I'm wondering why he isn't among the cast of the pro-mo video?
    Because the extreme fringe of the SNP support would get their knickers in a twist, overshadowing any attempt at positive publicity?

I had to look up sho this high profioe celeb was.

Neil Olivier 😂😂

**** me, proper A list.

In answer to the question, it's because he's a jockhome syndrome yoon.

Blog Entries
    Quite a few people resigned from the NToS after Oliver was appointed President saying he was an unacceptable choice. This was not because he was pro-union but for the diatribe he launched on the folks who were. He lost a lot of respect from middle-of-the-road viewers as a result.
    The NToS appear to be launching this ad in the hope of winning back the resigning members and along with them, some new ones. They're not totally daft. I'm sure they are well aware that their President's appearance in the video would open up recent wounds. I'm sure they wouldn't want to shoot themselves in the foot twice.
    Last edited by snooky; 01-05-2018 at 11:31 AM.

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    It is the National Trust FOR Scotland. Been a life member for almost 40 years.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    It is the National Trust FOR Scotland. Been a life member for almost 40 years.
    My mistake - sorry. NTfS from now on.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daniel1875
    Used to love Neil Oliver but lost a lot of respect for him after the History of Scotland/denial of the Highland Clearances saga. Hes also as anti Scottish as he is pro union.

He actually blanked me while I was working as a Ranger for the NTS on Mull a couple of summers ago!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpyHibby View Post
    Used to love Neil Oliver but lost a lot of respect for him after the History of Scotland/denial of the Highland Clearances saga. He’s also as anti Scottish as he is pro union.

He actually blanked me while I was working as a Ranger for the NTS on Mull a couple of summers ago!
    I would take that as a plus, TBH.

Apparently, his father-in-law is an English millionaire (though I'm not suggesting that this has anything to do with his hatred for the Yes contingent).
    Last edited by snooky; 03-05-2018 at 01:34 PM.