hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Si Ferry meets Garry O'Connor

Si's latest weekly interview is on You Tube now. Quite enjoy these interviews. I'm just about to watch this one.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Garry O'Connor

Si Ferry done a decent interview with the big man, some interesting comments regarding the 2012 cup final.

http://www.open-goal.co.uk/siferrymeetsgarryoconnor/

I've watched all of the Open Goal videos.

Just going to watch this now,

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I just watched the whole thing. I wasn't that impressed with GO'C to be honest. As others have said he does seem to have a very selective memory.

Just watched it too and really enjoyed it, thought Gaz came across well and got a good few laughs out of it.

Him not remembering his Lokomotiv managers name made me laugh.

Thought his comments regarding the final were quite interesting, the team really was in proper disarray at the point, fighting relegation, tactics getting changed on the day of the game, rubbish bonuses for winning the cup, far too many loan players, shambles.

Wasn't he caught on camera carrying on in background as a player was being interviewed after Final? Then went up town to drink and do his thing. Selective memory indeed
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wasn't he caught on camera carrying on in background as a player was being interviewed after Final? Then went up town to drink and do his thing. Selective memory indeed
    Yeah came down the stairs and ruffled Murrays ? Hair during the interview at that piont he finished for me.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Brilliant interview .

"The Hibs fans love me "
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Brilliant interview .

"The Hibs fans love me "
    I don't

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Brilliant interview .

"The Hibs fans love me "

Some choice language, but interesting interview.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Aye, became a bit hard to listen to with him using ****ing as a filler word non stop while he was thinking. Hopefully he is genuinely sober like he says he is and is getting himself back on track. His academy sounds like it's got good intentions behind it so would be nice to see it work out.

Testimonial Due
    Some hilarious stories. The one about boozy drinking vodka , can tell they were a young team! Haha

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I don't
    I did once, then I didn't then I did for a while then it all ended badly. ☺

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Aye, became a bit hard to listen to with him using ****ing as a filler word non stop while he was thinking. Hopefully he is genuinely sober like he says he is and is getting himself back on track. His academy sounds like it's got good intentions behind it so would be nice to see it work out.
    For those interested in helping his Academy out a wee bit, see my 'Hibs legends game, 26/5/18, Spartans Academy' thread further down this page (be the first to view it 😁).

Left by mutual consent!
    Glad to hear him, Sparky and Ihun ( ) got stuck into jokers like Kennedy after that final.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Glad to hear him, Sparky and Ihun ( ) got stuck into jokers like Kennedy after that final.
    Kennedy was a Stubbs player

Maybe you're thinking Docherty?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Kennedy was a Stubbs player

Maybe you're thinking Docherty?
    That's the cu...man.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I just watched the whole thing. I wasn't that impressed with GO'C to be honest. As others have said he does seem to have a very selective memory.

Likewise. I've watched all the Open Goal episodes and it's not unusual to hear some swearing, but GO'C was toiling to complete a sentence without f'ing and c'ing. Not that great an advert for his Second Chance Academy. Waiting patiently in hope on the Stokesy interview!

Coaching Staff
    laughing, joking and signing autographs before being asked to leave a certain bar in Hanover Street about an hour after getting back to Edinburgh. Also a sign of the times players arguing about bonus payments before the biggest game of the season is played - showed you where their collective mindset was. And what was this 'That boy from Honduras' nonsense

GOC and Derek in their prime were a joy to watch. That interview however made me very sad at how someone could let it all go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    ******g top ******g man ******g good interview Yogi boot polish story is a cracker.
    Just gotta feel for Gary if he had better advice or more will power he would have been made for life.

Left by mutual consent!
    Astonishing that he could've peeved away all that money he made, 20k a week tax free, jeezo...

Clearly loves the club. I think people forget O'Connor threw his runners up medal away after receiving it, he was clearly hurting and I'd believe that he went mad in the dressing room. Achieved a lot for this club!

On the other hand, did he admit to some dodgy stuff in Russia involving blood transfusions during that interview???

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Watched it. Can't say I enjoyed it though mainly due to the bad language. Most of us can use it however, it never comes over well when talking to the public whether on TV or through a microphone.
    Having said that, I like Gaz. I used to think he was just a big daft laddie (and I mean that in the nice way). I still think he's a big daft laddie (and I mean that in the nice way). Not sure I would take every single thing he said as gospel though.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    laughing, joking and signing autographs before being asked to leave a certain bar in Hanover Street about an hour after getting back to Edinburgh. Also a sign of the times players arguing about bonus payments before the biggest game of the season is played - showed you where their collective mindset was. And what was this 'That boy from Honduras' nonsense

GOC and Derek in their prime were a joy to watch. That interview however made me very sad at how someone could let it all go to waste.
    I never listened to be honest, don't have any time for him.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel 1875 View Post
    Clearly loves the club. I think people forget O'Connor threw his runners up medal away after receiving it, he was clearly hurting and I'd believe that he went mad in the dressing room. Achieved a lot for this club!

On the other hand, did he admit to some dodgy stuff in Russia involving blood transfusions during that interview???
    Yes, I think he said it was to cleanse their blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel 1875 View Post

[B]On the other hand, did he admit to some dodgy stuff in Russia involving blood transfusions during that interview???

Yip that was very Lance Armstrong

Don’t mind O’Connor but feel he’s the type of player to come across well after the event has happened zzzzzz

Left by mutual consent!
    Triggered over bad language 😂

Docherty was out of line after the final but always gave his all on the park imo. Same can't be said for O'Connor imo, desperately unfit and missing for months in his 2nd spell. I certainly don't love him.