hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should Hibs change the ticketing process for high demand games?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - loyalty points

103 59.54%
  • Yes - ballot system

21 12.14%
  • Yes - other

5 2.89%
  • No

44 25.43%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So a ticket for a Category A game is a raffle prize for those who attend all other away games? Well if I "win" a ticket for Ibrox and pay out my money to attend I want this reflected in my loyalty points total. Why should someone who went to watch Hibs at Motherwell or Kilmarnock but didn't have to watch us pump The Rangers be considered as much a supporter as us 900 hardy souls who endured a tirade of sectarian abuse and a rain of piss?
    Well no, the point is that the people who go to Motherwell or Kilmarnock or other less glamorous games are rewarded by getting first dibs on the bigger games. If you didn't go to those games against Killie or Well then you wouldn't have enough points to go to Ibrox to get pished on in the first place.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Yet, when we had a points system, all we had was folk moaning about it.
    People will always complain when something doesn't suit their own particular circumstances regardless of how fair it is to everyone else.

Disappointingly Dempster decided it was easier to ditch the scheme than it was to decide which complaints were reasonable and look at how to solve them. For example the 100 points for HSL was a major error but could have been resolved by including it in the 2 year rolling points total so that it would drop out and not be replaced.

I've been a walk up and accepted that I'm behind the season ticket holders in the queue. I'll be a season ticket holder next year and have no problem being behind those who trek to Dingwall or spend a wet Wednesday evening at Dens if I want a ticket for the PBS.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Johnny come lately and day trippers are two of the descriptions used in this thread to describe Hibs supporters by other Hibs supporters.
    That's nice.
    The day trippers one is bizarre, who the **** would want to spend a night in Dundee or Aberdeen?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Spot on. What I can't understand is those saying if you go every week, you shouldn't be ahead of the queue.

Points system is fair, plain and simple. No agenda, just rewarding those that attend Ross County, Inverness, QotS etc....
    Why do you feel entitled to a reward?

You make it sound like going to Ross Co or Inverness is a chore!

Presumably you’re going to these games through choice and might even enjoy yourself.

Why should you be rewarded for that?

No need to answer, I get it.

Those of you who ‘always go’ think you should be able to always go in perpetuity and stuff anyone else right?!

Keep things as they are or go for a lottery. The concept of rewarding someone who travels to away games is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Why do you feel entitled to a reward?

You make it sound like going to Ross Co or Inverness is a chore!

Presumably you’re going to these games through choice and might even enjoy yourself.

Why should you be rewarded for that?

No need to answer, I get it.

Those of you who ‘always go’ think you should be able to always go in perpetuity and stuff anyone else right?!

Keep things as they are or go for a lottery. The concept of rewarding someone who travels to away games is ridiculous.
    I think your last sentance is more ridiculous than what you are saying is ridiculous. But then I’m someone that does it every week.

Yes it’s my choice but it’s also done at expense and sacrifice.

I have the away season ticket but I still happen to think the loyalty scheme would be better. It would benefit more people and not just necessarily away from home. We will have close to 15k season tickets next year. For derbies, games against The Rangers and Celtic where demand is high, loyalty points could be used to reward folk who can’t afford or can’t commit to to a season ticket but attend regularly by giving them a priority window. Likewise, it then helps those folk when it comes to cup finals for instance.

The club are always quick to tell us how much of a difference our support can make to the team. So why shouldn’t they ‘reward’ that in some way, shape or form? I suppose at this moment in time it could be easy for them to take it for granted but it was only the season before last that we were regularly playing to crowds of 7-8k.

Sacrifice?! Really?

Poor wee lamb. Or was it your child?!

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Sacrifice?! Really?

How are you supposed to have a discussion with this?

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Well no, the point is that the people who go to Motherwell or Kilmarnock or other less glamorous games are rewarded by getting first dibs on the bigger games. If you didn't go to those games against Killie or Well then you wouldn't have enough points to go to Ibrox to get pished on in the first place.
    But I would if I bought a ticket for Motherwell or Kilmarnock. I wouldn't have to actually bother going to the game, I'd get my "loyalty" points either way. So I might not be as "loyal" as everyone thinks.

@hibs.net private member
    Sacrifice?! Really?

No need to be a knob about it. Folk were having a decent debate until u popped up

I'm in favour of Loyalty Points, as long as they're only awarded for actually attending a game and/or buying a Season Ticket. The problem with them was mostly the very vocal minority that abused the club and it's employees because they didn't agree with the concept.

You're never going to have a single system that will please everybody, as there will always be (pretty stupid) complaints like 'but I wanted to sit with my mates'

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    But I would if I bought a ticket for Motherwell or Kilmarnock. I wouldn't have to actually bother going to the game, I'd get my "loyalty" points either way. So I might not be as "loyal" as everyone thinks.
    Maybe not, but this is exactly why I said the term 'loyalty' should be dropped and the name changed. If you have enough extra money that you want to buy tickets for a game you wont go to in order to cheat the system then good for you. It's no different to people buying season tickets just to secure cup final tickets. The odd person will always cheat any system if they can.

Would you actually do that, or are you just being facetious?

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    The odd person will always cheat any system if they can.
    It's not cheating, it's manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Would you actually do that, or are you just being facetious?
    Not being facetious as it's done at other clubs to guarantee tickets for big away games. Might be done at Hibs but I don't know anybody that does.

The loyalty system we had was fine until the HSL fiasco, then we decided to throw the baby out with the bath water.

The current system does the job too.

One of the downsides of having a decent team is that every now and then demand will outstrip supply for tickets. Those missing out will be pissed off and blame various factors including the distribution system whether it is fair or not.

I'll be missing the game next week, I'd have liked to have gone. Them's the breaks. Some folk need to see the bigger picture about the significance of not attending a game of football.

we bit of subject I like the points system but a question I have is how dis celtic fans get tickets for the game at ER ?

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    No need to be a knob about it. Folk were having a decent debate until u popped up
    The same one that crops up after big game ticket scramble.

No need to go calling folk names about it.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    There certainly in no simple solution to this. Our support is growing at a vast rate, and the popularity of attending our games has incresed since the SC win and promotion.

So far we have exceeded last years ST sales from same time last year, and I have no doubt we will smash the overall total we had for this season. It's basic maths, that when we only get 900 tickets for the likes of ibrox, 14,000 people scrambling for these tickets then there will be 13,100 that can't get one.

Is there a fair system? That question in itself is subjective, because what seems fair to one, is unfair to another. Should it be the case of " I go every week so I should top the list " or " I can never get a ticket, so I should be first next time"

It's swings and roundabouts, you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time.

No, I do not know the best solution to this, and wouldn't know where to start, however, whatever system is finally chosen, we should stick with it, be that Loyalty points, or firsr come first served.

Problems araise when a group of fans complain its unfair and should be changed, so the club changes it, THEN another group of fans, which is now affected, complain that its unfair and should be changed, then the cycle contnues.

As harsh as it sounds, not everyone is going to be able to go to all away games, (eventhough Tynecastle has the capacity of 400,000), and I thoik that it has to be understood, that sometimes you will be lucky, and sometimes not.

It's not cheating, it's manipulation.

Not being facetious as it's done at other clubs to guarantee tickets for big away games. Might be done at Hibs but I don't know anybody that does.
    2 of my mates who are Hearts fan bought tickets for a game last year (might have been Ross County) to give them enough loyalty points to qualify for Derby tickets. It probably wouldn't happen that often but you would certainly get some fans doing so.

@hibs.net private member
    The same one that crops up after big game ticket scramble.

No need to go calling folk names about it.
    If folk want to discuss/debate it then that’s up to them.

If you don’t want to then what’s the point in posting what you did?

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    we bit of subject I like the points system but a question I have is how dis celtic fans get tickets for the game at ER ?
    Celtc have a ballot before the season starts and ST holders know which away games they are attending, or not, before a ball is kicked.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    For example the 100 points for HSL was a major error .
    I disagree. The club has to have some way of connecting with Hibs fans who for many and varied reasons, live a long way away from Edinburgh. I make about 4-6 trips to ER a year, plus away games in Dundee, cos my daughter lives there, which costs me about £300 + a trip so I'm spending more in two matches than a season ticket holder who lives in Edinburgh spends in a whole season just to get to the matches. I also subscribe to HibsTV and HSL and buy plenty of stuff from the shop. People who get to go to ER every week are very lucky...I wish I could, but I can't. Why is someone who lives on Lorne Street and saunters up to most matches on their day off from work...so much more deserving than me ?

With HSL payments and Hibs TV you can easily spend more with Hibs than someone who just buys a season ticket. There are more ways of supporting the club than just being lucky enough to go to most matches.

We should actually force everyone to be miked up and those that routinely abuse the players should be the ones at the bottom of the list for hard to get tickets !

Celtc have a ballot before the season starts and ST holders know which away games they are attending, or not, before a ball is kicked.
    Celtic have a points system based on how many away games you go to.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Another loyalty points debate going exactly the same as the other dozen or so threads.

In none of the threads to date have I read that perhaps Leeann has played a blinder keeping things the way they are. Would our ST sales be as high this season or next (if what is being expected transpires) if a loyalty points system was in place? Its a matter of conjecture but I suspect strongly the answer would be no. A resounding no at that. For many, ticket 'priority' for the high demand games is a big selling point of a ST. It obviously doesn't give guarantee's but it gives you a fair crack at the whip.

I think Leeann has known this from the start and that is why things are where they are. And what Hibs fan would judge her for this given that ST sales beat previous records this year and are expected to be surpassed again next year.

Would we as a support sacrifice potentially thousands of additional ST sales and the enormous benefits this brings for the introduction of a loyalty points system which, whatever way you dress it up, caters for the few rather than the many across the broader support.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post
    Another loyalty points debate going exactly the same as the other dozen or so threads.

In none of the threads to date have I read that perhaps Leeann has played a blinder keeping things the way they are. Would our ST sales be as high this season or next (if what is being expected transpires) if a loyalty points system was in place? Its a matter of conjecture but I suspect strongly the answer would be no. A resounding no at that. For many, ticket 'priority' for the high demand games is a big selling point of a ST. It obviously doesn't give guarantee's but it gives you a fair crack at the whip.

I think Leeann has known this from the start and that is why things are where they are. And what Hibs fan would judge her for this given that ST sales beat previous records this year and are expected to be surpassed again next year.

Would we as a support sacrifice potentially thousands of additional ST sales and the enormous benefits this brings for the introduction of a loyalty points system which, whatever way you dress it up, caters for the few rather than the many across the broader support.
    Well said, Leeann has already confirmed loyalty points will not be coming back so I think it’s pointless bringing back the same debate.

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    Celtic have a points system based on how many away games you go to.
    That must be new then because they used to have a ballot of ALL season ticket holders for ALL away games during the summer break and everybody knew which games they had tickets for. There was then a huge amount of trading as their supporters clubs needed to know if they could get enough tickets to run a bus.

Going even further back they used to allocate tickets to supporters club branches who ran their own ballot. Maybe Hibs should try that.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakersO'Toole View Post

Do you really believe our season ticket sales would drop by thousands if there was a loyalty scheme in place?

That must be new then because they used to have a ballot of ALL season ticket holders for ALL away games during the summer break and everybody knew which games they had tickets for. There was then a huge amount of trading as their supporters clubs needed to know if they could get enough tickets to run a bus.

Going even further back they used to allocate tickets to supporters club branches who ran their own ballot. Maybe Hibs should try that.
    With the split how would they know who they were playing?

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Do you really believe our season ticket sales would drop by thousands if there was a loyalty scheme in place?
    Probably not thousands but if 700 less people bought a season ticket thats about £250,000.

I appreciate I'm just plucking a figure but it's not inconceivable and that's what Hibs will be looking at.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 02-05-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Probably not thousands but if 700 less people bought a season ticket a thats about £250,000.

I appreciate I'm just plucking a figure but it's not inconceivable and that's what Hibs will be looking at.
    We’re getting in to things that aren’t factual, so appreciate my opinion could be pish as well, but I genuinely don’t think there would be close to that number of people not buying. Apart from anything else, not buying a season ticket would leave you open to missing games at ER the way it’s going. Never mind worrying about away tickets.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    We’re getting in to things that aren’t factual, so appreciate my opinion could be pish as well, but I genuinely don’t think there would be close to that number of people not buying. Apart from anything else, not buying a season ticket would leave you open to missing games at ER the way it’s going. Never mind worrying about away tickets.
    If things go well we may need attendance/loyalty points for a ticket a ER!

:D

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk