hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should Hibs change the ticketing process for high demand games?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - loyalty points

103 59.54%
  • Yes - ballot system

21 12.14%
  • Yes - other

5 2.89%
  • No

44 25.43%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3 points here.

1. If Hibs have a hardcore away support of about 800 fans, where were they when we were selling 200-300 tickets for Ibrox and Parkhead?

The clubs rise in the 5 years has put a good few hundred on the away support.

b. Reducing someone's chances of success by a third is surely to their detriment?

No, you look after the fans who turn up every week, not those that cant be bothered to go to Dingwall but will go to Tynecastle.

And finally, can I be an uberfan like you please?
    Thats enough of that, no need.

There should be some sort of ticket points system.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    The clubs rise in the 5 years has put a good few hundred on the away support.

No, you look after the fans who turn up every week, not those that cant be bothered to go to Dingwall but will go to Tynecastle.

There should be some sort of ticket points system.
    Yes, the club has had some turnaround in the last 5 years but that is is reflected in the huge number of season ticket holders. Do we just tell them thanks but your not as special as these other season ticket holders?

First Team Breakthrough
    This idea of a ballot is nonsense. Why should a kid in the Lower FF have the same chance as someone who has paid full whack. Why should it just be a ballot for the Hearts game ?? i know someone who is in the ballot system at The rangers and next season he's coming out. how many of the people who want a ballot are going to give their bank details to the Ticket office to get a ticket for Ross County away?

Yes, the club has had some turnaround in the last 5 years but that is is reflected in the huge number of season ticket holders. Do we just tell them thanks but your not as special as these other season ticket holders?
    They get in to all the home games which is what they pay for. Realistically probably anything over 4 away games in a season would give you a very good chance of getting derby tickets. Nothing to do with telling people they are "more special" than others, just rewarding those that go to other away games with a better chance of big game tickets

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    It’s not really a good analogy though. You’d need to add the bit where one of the guys had still turned up to the pub every week for the previous few years when nobody else would, paying his money to keep them operating while drinking pint after pint of flat, pishy, uninspiring lager out of nothing more than a desire to support the pub during its toughest times. Meanwhile the other three had been nowhere to be seen for years and just wanted to show up when the good bevvy was back on the menu.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Johnny come lately and day trippers are two of the descriptions used in this thread to describe Hibs supporters by other Hibs supporters.
    That's nice.
    Agree. It's quite ironic that the same posters are probably contributing to the 'dot count' threads and taking great pride in our increased attendances and encouraging more johnny come latelys to come along and sell out ER but they can 'do one' if they want a ticket for Tynecastle.

We can't, and shouldn't have it both ways, increased attendances but the same entitlement to tickets.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    If our travelling support was such that we sold out every away game then that’s the time to look at ballots. As it stands, despite seeing home attendances and Season Tickets rocket, the travelling support is pretty much what it’s always been. Everyone wants to go to Tynecastle, of course they do, but those who support the club on the road most regularly should be ahead of those who travel less so when it comes to the more attractive fixtures. Not so much about entitlement but more about the club looking after it’s most loyal supporters.
    Define ‘loyalty’? In your eyes loyalty seems to be current loyalty ie those who have attended most regularly this or last season.

Where do I sit in your loyalty? I’ve been a season ticket holder for 35 years, used to attend almost every away game until 10 years ago and now make half a dozen or so per season. Been to liege and Brussels to watch us in Europe too. I think both scenarios are loyalty

I’m lucky that I’ve almost always managed to get a ticket for tynecastle and in my eyes I think I deserve the same opportunity as every other season ticket holder. That includes many times when we have failed to sell our allocation and when the team has been rubbish

There will never be a solution which suits everyone unfortunately

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Define ‘loyalty’? In your eyes loyalty seems to be current loyalty ie those who have attended most regularly this or last season.

Where do I sit in your loyalty? I’ve been a season ticket holder for 35 years, used to attend almost every away game until 10 years ago and now make half a dozen or so per season. Been to liege and Brussels to watch us in Europe too. I think both scenarios are loyalty

I’m lucky that I’ve almost always managed to get a ticket for tynecastle and in my eyes I think I deserve the same opportunity as every other season ticket holder. That includes many times when we have failed to sell our allocation and when the team has been rubbish

There will never be a solution which suits everyone unfortunately
    There are thousands like you - great Hibbies who have backed the club for years buying STs and supported the club home and away in good times and bad. Proper fans who don’t have to justify their loyalty to anyone.
    The most loyal fans currently though are the ones who are there every week supporting the team through what has been a fabulous season. I don’t think it’s right that a lot of them miss out on Tynecastle when there are enough tickets to cater for those most regular fans. Ibrox and Celtic has allocations smaller than our regular away support so it’s a given that lots will miss out.
    The guys might not be as regular in the future, or be as loyal as some when things take a turn for the worse, who knows?, but ultimately the main objective of any loyalty scheme is to ensure the most regular fans on a given season are catered for when demand is high.
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 02-05-2018 at 06:44 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    So many other clubs have a loyalty scheme and have no issues with how it works or folk saying “I’m more loyal than you” or “I was loyal 10 years ago so entitled to tickets now”.

Every other scheme, call it loyalty or match points or any other name you want, rewards the folk that support the club by attending games, including all the “non-glamorous” ones. That reward is to ensure these fans don’t miss out when it comes to matches when demand outstrips supply.

It seems so straight forward, like the previous scheme up until points were added for HSL subscribers, and personally think the club need to be looking at it again, which I know won’t happen unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    So many other clubs have a loyalty scheme and have no issues with how it works or folk saying “I’m more loyal than you” or “I was loyal 10 years ago so entitled to tickets now”.

Every other scheme, call it loyalty or match points or any other name you want, rewards the folk that support the club by attending games, including all the “non-glamorous” ones. That reward is to ensure these fans don’t miss out when it comes to matches when demand outstrips supply.

It seems so straight forward, like the previous scheme up until points were added for HSL subscribers, and personally think the club need to be looking at it again, which I know won’t happen unfortunately.
    Other clubs have "loyalty" schemes and have the same problem as Hibs.

West Ham have a points scheme and if you have enough points you get a ticket for an away game. If you don't have enough points you don't get a ticket and you won't get a ticket for that game next season either. Many people have been West Ham season ticket holders for 25 years and follow them to Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester but have never qualified for a ticket for Stamford Bridge and they accept that they never will as the guys at the top of the points will always be at the top of the points. Even when they die the ticket is kept going by friends and family just to keep the points total.

Now how would Hibs attract new season ticket holders if their main selling strategy was "See every home game but you'll NEVER get a ticket for Celtc, The Rangers or Hertz Away."?

First Team Breakthrough

West Ham have a points scheme and if you have enough points you get a ticket for an away game. If you don't have enough points you don't get a ticket and you won't get a ticket for that game next season either. Many people have been West Ham season ticket holders for 25 years and follow them to Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester but have never qualified for a ticket for Stamford Bridge and they accept that they never will as the guys at the top of the points will always be at the top of the points. Even when they die the ticket is kept going by friends and family just to keep the points total.

Now how would Hibs attract new season ticket holders if their main selling strategy was "See every home game but you'll NEVER get a ticket for Celtc, The Rangers or Hertz Away."?
    Similair down here with Sunderland and Newcastle, when you can't make a game others are quick to use your lotalty number to go, it's a win win in a way as they are guaranteed a ticket if your high enough up the points ladder and you get the point so those at top will always remain whether they go or not, is it fair,no.

Bringing one in from scratch would be a minefield with people feeling disadvantaged for various reasons.

This season I missed out on the bigot sisters away both times also for christmas derby but was lucky for cup one and next week, it's not a perfect system I know but it works to a degree, as long as you accept your not going to be lucky everytime and in a way over the season more of us get a chance to go to the odd big away game as oppossed to select few.

Have a two season rolling system, with the previous season always dropping off leaving the maximum point tally anyone can accrue being two seasons of full points. Folk starting out have the same chance to amass points as someone going for 40 years.

@hibs.net private member
    Have a two season rolling system, with the previous season always dropping off leaving the maximum point tally anyone can accrue being two seasons of full points. Folk starting out have the same chance to amass points as someone going for 40 years.
    Correct, which I think was part of the original scheme that we had

So everyone starts with a clean slate, zero points. Assuming Hibs are playing well and we get our now normal 3,000 travelling fans. We have a free for all for the first game at Celtc, The Rangers or Hertz away with the "winners" also getting a loyalty point which puts them ahead in the queue for the next one, and the next one, and the next one, ad infinitum. That won't cause any arguments.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    So everyone starts with a clean slate, zero points. Assuming Hibs are playing well and we get our now normal 3,000 travelling fans. We have a free for all for the first game at Celtc, The Rangers or Hertz away with the "winners" also getting a loyalty point which puts them ahead in the queue for the next one, and the next one, and the next one, ad infinitum. That won't cause any arguments.
    Been mentioned before, you don’t award points for CAT A games where demand vastly outstrips demand.

Personally, I think football should be totally restructured as a sport. They should take away the goals for a start because needing to score goals discriminates against clubs that can’t afford good strikers I also think all football fans in the country should be put into a draw to determine what team they get to support so all teams have an equal fan base because the current system clearly discriminates against teams from small towns who don’t have the population to attract more fans and money.

We don’t take numbers like that for most away matches. I’ve highlighted before how we have seen fantastic home attendances and a spike in ST sales never seen before, but our travelling support is pretty much what it’s always been. We were taking similar sized away crowds when we were struggling, and would see occasional big ones depending on how important a certain game was. With that in mind, the size of our regular travelling support should be relatively easy to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Been mentioned before, you don’t award points for CAT A games where demand vastly outstrips demand.

Personally, I think football should be totally restructured as a sport. They should take away the goals for a start because needing to score goals discriminates against clubs that can’t afford good strikers I also think all football fans in the country should be put into a draw to determine what team they get to support so all teams have an equal fan base because the current system clearly discriminates against teams from small towns who don’t have the population to attract more fans and money.
    So a ticket for a Category A game is a raffle prize for those who attend all other away games? Well if I "win" a ticket for Ibrox and pay out my money to attend I want this reflected in my loyalty points total. Why should someone who went to watch Hibs at Motherwell or Kilmarnock but didn't have to watch us pump The Rangers be considered as much a supporter as us 900 hardy souls who endured a tirade of sectarian abuse and a rain of piss?

Folk are throwing around suggestions, but the sensible thing to do is to maybe have some dialogue with clubs who operate a satisfactory system and take advice from them in the workings of a points scheme. We don’t need to look too far, by all accounts Hearts operate a sound system without too much fuss.

@hibs.net private member
    Folk are throwing around suggestions, but the sensible thing to do is to maybe have some dialogue with clubs who operate a satisfactory system and take advice from them in the workings of a points scheme. We don’t need to look too far, by all accounts Hearts operate a sound system without too much fuss.
    Which I think is very similar, if not the same, as the one we had in place

Well, there you go..

Which worked perfectly well until ...............

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Pretty resounding fan opinion in favour of the loyalty points system again then. Any chance of someone making LD aware of this?

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Pretty resounding fan opinion in favour of the loyalty points system again then. Any chance of someone making LD aware of this?
    With the proviso that it is called an Away Ticket Purchase Scheme not mentioning loyalty anywhere in the title as that implies that people actually attend the game rather than just purchase a ticket to maintain their points total.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    This idea of a ballot is nonsense. Why should a kid in the Lower FF have the same chance as someone who has paid full whack. Why should it just be a ballot for the Hearts game ?? i know someone who is in the ballot system at The rangers and next season he's coming out. how many of the people who want a ballot are going to give their bank details to the Ticket office to get a ticket for Ross County away?
    I have an adult Season ticket in the FF lower and pay less than someone in the east or west. So would it be fair for me to get into it? What about concessions?

The minute we start telling home season ticket holders they aren't as special as a different group of home season ticket holders we open up a can of worms and it all goes to pot.

The loyalty points idea makes sense, but if we all start at nil and season ticket holders get x amount of points, then the first away game is either Rangers, Celtic, or Hearts, what do we do? We're back to luck of the draw and then the fans who get lucky are ahead of everyone else for future sales as they'll have more LP's.

This also causes the old "I want to buy tickets for Hampden, but my mates in the bracket below me" problem where folk either can't get seats together so don't go, or moan, whine and complain for so long the system gets scrapped.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    No matter which system we have there will be a large group of unhappy people. Keep it as it is imo.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    You could always email her yourself.

ldempster@hibernianfc.co.uk
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Yet, when we had a points system, all we had was folk moaning about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Yet, when we had a points system, all we had was folk moaning about it.
    Are you trying to cause an argument?

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Are you trying to cause an argument?
    There are plenty of posts on here with people who aren't in favour of a points system for various reasons, I'm not sure why this is the only post you've picked up on?

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    There are plenty of posts on here with people who aren't in favour of a points system for various reasons, I'm not sure why this is the only post you've picked up on?
    You too?

I thought we had all reached an agreement that points systems are wonderful and the way forward then it all went tits up.