hibs.net Messageboard

Supporting Celtc

How utterly depressing must that be? Just saw a supporters bus emptying and you'd think they'd just been relegated. No party, no singing, no exuberance and no open top bus. Whats the point if you can't celebrate your teams succeess? They will never experience anything like we felt in May 16. Boring bassas

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Whilst I agree they will never feel what we all felt on 21.05.2016, the atmosphere at Celtic Park against The Rangers or on Champions League nights is pretty special - see the Barcelona game c.4-5 years ago (I think!). But agreed regarding domestic trophies - they just expect it, so when they get it its a case of "thank god, no embarrassments".

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How utterly depressing must that be? Just saw a supporters bus emptying and you'd think they'd just been relegated. No party, no singing, no exuberance and no open top bus. Whats the point if you can't celebrate your teams succeess? They will never experience anything like we felt in May 16. Boring bassas
    Exactimondo.

Diluted highs must be worse than none.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    The game finished about 4 hours ago Reckon they'll have had an alright day

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    The game finished about 4 hours ago Reckon they'll have had an alright day
    Yes but 'alright day' pretty much sums it up. I agree with the O.P.

Winning the europa league or something akin to that would be the only thing that could get close to the 21.05.16 feeling for them.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Familiarity breeds contempt

Old, but no less true

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Yes but 'alright day' pretty much sums it up. I agree with the O.P.

Winning the europa league or something akin to that would be the only thing that could get close to the 21.05.16 feeling for them.
    They won the league 6 months ago there was never going to be a wild celebration today after they left the ground.

They've got the next few won as well, cannae be much fun. Surely every football fan waits for a David Gray moment, shame most wont experience it, we have, that'll do me.

To be fair if we had won the last seven how exciting would it be. I don't recall wild celebrations after the Championship win it was more relief.

Liv and Man U in EC/CL Finals, Arsenal at Anfield, Hearts at Dens, hard to compete with.

There's no denying we're used to winning but I'd rather that than go through the 90s again tbh.i also hope Hibs get 2nd place if only for Lenny & Griff.

Quote Originally Posted by celtic1888 View Post
    There's no denying we're used to winning but I'd rather that than go through the 90s again tbh.i also hope Hibs get 2nd place if only for Lenny & Griff.
    Tug my cap fo patronising prick

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    They won the league 6 months ago there was never going to be a wild celebration today after they left the ground.
    And that all ties in to the point the OP made.

Quote Originally Posted by celtic1888 View Post
    Oh no we were second in the nineties, bolt!

It’s not even an achievement. They only win it because they have much more money than everyone else.All they do is make a snorefest out of Scottish football.

49 times they have won it.

It must get a bit boring.

The European Cup was something special though.

Stupid thread.

Get this pish deleted admins.

Testimonial Due
    Utter pish unless you support Celtic you'll never know how they feel !!

Remember being in a pub after the old rangers had won the league. A right bunch of miserable f*****s they were. About 6 of us Hibs fans were more fun with a middle of the table Lexxy Miller season than that shower. Didn't even try to slag us off just zombies even before that became their default. I guess Celtc are the same now.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I suppose it’s all relative. The more times you achieve something then of course it becomes less special and you have to keep raising the bar to get the buzz again.

personally, 20 years ago it meant a hell of a lot to me when Hibs beat rangers, now it’s getting boring. Same thing.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Easter Rising View Post
    I suppose it’s all relative. The more times you achieve something then of course it becomes less special and you have to keep raising the bar to get the buzz again.

personally, 20 years ago it meant a hell of a lot to me when Hibs beat rangers, now it’s getting boring. Same thing.
    All these girls that I can't stop s**gging. I'm bored of it now. Enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    Get this pish deleted admins.
    You constantly moan about being picked on on here then come out with things like that. It's all opinions.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind a wee shot of getting utterly depressed cos my team was the best in the country every year.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 30-04-2018 at 09:12 AM.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I wouldn't mind a wee shot of getting utterly depressed cos my team was the best in the country.
    Lol true. It must be hard winning all those trophys right enough I suppose on reflection they are just used to winning it. I thought them winning it after a 5-0 win over their local rivals might have been different though and the Celtic fans i saw leaving their bus were maybe just boring! I remember Celtic winning the Scottish cup around 1995 when they were just starting to turn the corner and Tommy Burns was in tears etc. Suppose its all relative