hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eating less isn't always the way to lose weight though, as daft as it sounds, you can actually eat more a day than normal and still lose weight, eating properly is a lot more important than the actual excercise
    Can't agree with this more, I see exercise as an added bonus but its all about calorie intake. I've had periods of cutting out rubbish but doing little or no exercise and the weight still drops off me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

^ Yep you can't out run a bad diet...

For me its pretty simple, cut out the rubbish, lower my bevvy intake and add some exercise. I'm not going to start having a juice for breakfast, half a rivita for lunch and a slimfast for tea. Doesn't work, might in the short-term but for long term can't be sustainable surely? Long term life style changes, no processed foods or takeaways (or limited at least) and good wholesome homemade meals.

Are Briton's quite unique in there diets that things such as sweets and crisps during the day and takeaways at night aren't a treat anymore but the norm? Are French teens just as likely to nip into Le Asda and walk out with 12 doughnuts as their British counterparts? Are Germans like scroll through Just-Eat 1/2/3 times a week like some adults over here?

@hibs.net private member Hamish's Avatar
    'This is what annoys me about the likes of Slimming World and Scottish Slimmers that allow you to eat unlimited amounts of burgers, chicken, etc.'

Not strictly true. Yes you can eat as much meat as you want but all the red meat must have all visible fat trimmed away and mince must've less than 5% fat. Sausages and burgers the same. They call it food optimising. I have lost 2 1/2 stone at Slimming World in about 15 months. Not a vast amount but I am now at a weight I am fairly comfortable with.
    Very little alcohol consumed in this time which definitely helps.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Just replaced old bathroom scales with new ones that measure fat %, water % and BMI and will weigh myself every Saturday morning and keep a record (Who doesn't love a spreadsheet ) Hopefully seeing the scales go down will be the motivation I need to lose a stone.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Starting exante diet Monday keep u posted need to lose a stone

Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    Can't agree with this more, I see exercise as an added bonus but its all about calorie intake. I've had periods of cutting out rubbish but doing little or no exercise and the weight still drops off me.
    Agree with this.

Its all about cutting out the snacking between meals. No more and no less to be honest albeit relaxed excercise is always a good thing.

For some folk though weight gain or loss can be crucially related to other bodily medical functions as in hormone activity and/or metabolism with a simple blood check carried out by a doctor to view vital internal body balance and checks.

Eat healthily and cut out the snacks and within months the belt will slacken off a bit.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadoes70 View Post
    agree with this.

Its all about cutting out the snacking between meals. No more and no less to be honest albeit relaxed excercise is always a good thing.

For some folk though weight gain or loss can be crucially related to other bodily medical functions as in hormone activity and/or metabolism with a simple blood check carried out by a doctor to view vital internal body balance and checks.

Eat healthily and cut out the snacks and within months the belt will slacken off a bit.

Mon the cabbage soup diet !!!

ftfy
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.