hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s me now lost a stone in January.
    Me too. Technically I've lost a lot more than that but it seems I put 3 pounds back on every weekend...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Hows everybody doing?

Im counting cals, checking macros and exercising and not lost a pound. Giving up the will to live with it to be honest. Only blessing is that my fitness has greatly improved again. Signed up for Rough Runner in Aug to give me a focus and make me keep going.

15 pounds lost since January. Two more pounds until I equal my lowest ever adult weight (which I managed latelast year...for a week or two).

Current weight is 192 pounds - my ‘dream’ weight is 181 pounds which I never thought achievable when I started to look at my weight in July 2014 at 255 pounds but might well be in sight in time for going to Cyprus at the end of June.

Planning on two solid weeks of low carb (less than 50g a day) from tomorrow until March 16th when I’m going to get about a bazillion pints of lager to get me through watching Bolton inevitably lose at Wigan.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    Hows everybody doing?

Im counting cals, checking macros and exercising and not lost a pound. Giving up the will to live with it to be honest. Only blessing is that my fitness has greatly improved again. Signed up for Rough Runner in Aug to give me a focus and make me keep going.
    Keep at it.

https://trustyspotter.com/blog/whoosh-effect/
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Thanks. Interesting article. I'll update if I ever get a woosh but im definitely squishy

Thanks. Interesting article. I'll update if I ever get a woosh but im definitely squishy
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Nice one, I skim read that and what I've taken from it is that alcohol makes you lose weight (I'm guessing all the other words in the article were superfluous). Going to try that as I definitely seem to have hit a bit of a plateau. 16 pounds off since January although most of that was in January.

'Mon the whoosh

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    That explains why I put weight on at the weekend

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I’ve lost 22 pounds since the start of January. My weight loss is definitely slowing down though.

Interestingly given the woosh article, the last week was my biggest loss in a while and I had a cheat meal of an Indian mixed grill and more booze than I’ve had in quite a while after the match on Saturday. I weighed myself on Sunday expecting to have put on weight but I had lost weight.

@hibs.net private member
    Its my sons 18th today so we are having chinese and birthday cake tonight. If I dont wake up half a stone lighter tomorrow I wont be pleased!

Its my sons 18th today so we are having chinese and birthday cake tonight. If I dont wake up half a stone lighter tomorrow I wont be pleased!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Started back to the habit of setting the alarm and going for a walk. About 2 hours and 8.75km this morning before breakfast. Rest of the day was spent converting the garage into my man shed.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Left by mutual consent!
    I have lost 13lbs since middle of Jan. Looking to get to mid 11st. Gym has helped I would say.

I'm being good this week.

Soon going to up the exercise and improve the diet.. AGAIN!

Weight falls off me when I apply myself but I cannot sustain interest/willpower.

I am a weak man.

Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    I'm being good this week.

Soon going to up the exercise and improve the diet.. AGAIN!

Weight falls off me when I apply myself but I cannot sustain interest/willpower.

I am a weak man.
    Ditto. Keep meaning to restart the diet after the Christmas period, but there's always an excuse not to.

Need to drop about 21 pounds. I can do it, I just can't be bothered starting.

Done it. Actually done it. Goal weight achieved.

Now weigh 181.2 pounds so 5 stone 3.8 pounds gone since June 2014 or to put it another way, 28.9% of my body weight. 1 stone 12 since Christmas, 7 pounds of which has been since Easter. All hail MyFitnessPal.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post

Now weigh 181.2 pounds so 5 stone 3.8 pounds gone since June 2014 or to put it another way, 28.9% of my body weight. 1 stone 12 since Christmas, 7 pounds of which has been since Easter. All hail MyFitnessPal.
    Well done. Those are really impressive numbers.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've gone down from 15stone at Christmas to 13 1/2 stone this week. I wasnt trying to lose any weight but delighted it have as I can see the difference (I dont really feel any different). I run & swim daily & have a good diet with nothing processed so nothing changed there. The only thing I've changed is stopped drinking..Every single day I'd have either one or two pints & just stopping that seems to have resulted in the weight loss. Im 6'2 so my weight has never really changed for as long as I can remember. To have such a dramaitc drop just from passing on the guinness has been quite an eye opener.

Blog Entries

Thats amazing, very well done!

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    I've gone down from 15stone at Christmas to 13 1/2 stone this week. I wasnt trying to lose any weight but delighted it have as I can see the difference (I dont really feel any different). I run & swim daily & have a good diet with nothing processed so nothing changed there. The only thing I've changed is stopped drinking..Every single day I'd have either one or two pints & just stopping that seems to have resulted in the weight loss. Im 6'2 so my weight has never really changed for as long as I can remember. To have such a dramaitc drop just from passing on the guinness has been quite an eye opener.
    That's pretty light for 6'2".

I'm 6foot and aiming for anything under 14stone. 15 is normally the ceiling that kicks me into gear, got up to about 15 and a half and now at 14 and a half.

Again, just using my fitness pal, cutting out sweets and fizzy drinks and trying to exercise a bit more.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar

Superb stuff, well done.

Thanks, folks. It's now hit home that I bought the Hibs away top in the sale this week and the XL (large in anyone else's money) is actually a little baggy for me! Not bad when in days gone by the old baggy Le Coq tops were a little snug in XXL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post

I'm 6foot and aiming for anything under 14stone. 15 is normally the ceiling that kicks me into gear, got up to about 15 and a half and now at 14 and a half.

Again, just using my fitness pal, cutting out sweets and fizzy drinks and trying to exercise a bit more.
    I would have thought it was a bit light before i lost it. I suppose it depends on body type although I certainly don’t look skinny...BMI seems to say it’s spot on (how ever much you read into that)..Similar to yourself I’ve just made wee changes (that seemed like a massive commitment in my head actually was fine and now is the norm)..

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post

The upper end of the 'normal' BMI for 6'2" is 13 stone 13lbs so in theory 13 and a half stone is about spot on.

Tbh I don't really pay much attention to BMI. I'm 6'3" and if I dip below 14 stone I just look gaunt. My weight always sits a bit higher as well because I have a lot of muscle mass in my legs.

I really need to sort myself out.

Long hours working, eating late at night, little exercise, grabbing far too much rubbish on the run.

Anyone got any golden tips on getting started and fitting good food and exercise around a fairly punishing work schedule?

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Long hours working, eating late at night, little exercise, grabbing far too much rubbish on the run.

Anyone got any golden tips on getting started and fitting good food and exercise around a fairly punishing work schedule?
    This coupled with a dodgy knee (five a sides, 20 years ago. the docs claim theres nothing wrong, but it gives way when i twist on it and i collapse.) and I've steadily increased to 220lbs.
    Although some might say i don't look it (heavy bones ) at 5'7" its excessive.

Would a decent physio be able to pinpoint the knee problem?

Well done LH - that's an excellent achievement

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Get a nutri bullet/ninja so there’s no excuses about time for healthy breakfast..5mins to stuff it in and blend (drink on the go) Drink more water.
    With exercise just see what you can fit in to start..Eg i do sets of 40 press ups when ever i remember throughout the day..Have my trainers & trunks in car so i can do one if traveling..Be kind and patient with yourself & notice small changes in fitness & form & pat yourself on the back.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I started getting up early. As in 4.30/5am. Gave me a couple of hours to eat right, think straight and pack in a walk or a run. Always results in a far more productive day at work and come 9pm, I can hit the pillow and fall asleep easily to an audio meditation.

Constantly drinking circa 3 or 4 litres of water per day, eating healthier, doing some dumbbell workouts, taking Vitamin D supplements, getting a Fitbit to spur you on to do more walking and be more active.

I’ve even been for a few sunbeds to look and feel a little more alive. The gaunt, haunted grey look wasn’t cutting it for me 😂
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Most importantly, above all of the aforementioned, thinking positively works wonders. Constantly tell yourself, “I am enough, I am wonderful, I am healthy”. Positive affirmations. “I would love to be smoke free” is a mantra I churned out late February for a few days. I haven’t bought a packet of fags since February 26th and I was 15/20 a day for two decades.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Oh...and put the phone down. Delete the apps that harass you with notifications and breaking news that has you scarpering for your phone every ten minutes. Makes you less compelled to sit on your arse on the sofa scrolling through mindless rubbish and looking at everyone else’s lives where they project images of a perfect life that is completely divorced from their reality. They’ll make you feel inadequate and not worthy when in reality, they’re arguably fighting the same battles you are.