hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    ^^ “ Sorry Steven, I called it wrong, you’re alright really”

2. Log in to remove the advert

BT Sports Scottish football

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately let down by that clown Stephen Craigan. (The Andy Walker of BT Sport)

Apart from that BT Sports coverage is excellent
    I agree, he’s full of himself and will happily take 500 words to say what he could have said in 50.

As for that accent, it’s like listening to finger nails scraping a blackboard.

Craigan and Glenn Hoddle are the most annoying people on TV and I immediately look for the mute button whenever I hear them - thank god for radio commentary while watching BT.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    I agree, he’s full of himself and will happily take 500 words to say what he could have said in 50.

As for that accent, it’s like listening to finger nails scraping a blackboard.

Craigan and Glenn Hoddle are the most annoying people on TV and I immediately look for the mute button whenever I hear them - thank god for radio commentary while watching BT.
    Neither are a patch on Mark Lawrenson

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Neither are a patch on Mark Lawrenson
    Lawrenson is abysmal and has the worst patter going. Saying that nobody beats Garth Crooks for me in the poor pundit parade. Absolute whopper. Big fan of the BT coverage though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Charlie Nicholas on Soccer Saturday is the worst, constant shouting in that weegie accent gets on my two bob bits, always a bonus when he gets a 0 0 draw to watch.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    BT’s coverage is miles ahead of Sky’s. Less of Butcher and Craigan and it would be perfect.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToffeeCabbage View Post
    Lawrenson is abysmal and has the worst patter going. Saying that nobody beats Garth Crooks for me in the poor pundit parade. Absolute whopper. Big fan of the BT coverage though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Can’t believe Lawrenson still gets air time but it’s mercifully few and far between now.

Sadly Danny Murphy seems to have replaced him some what and at least Lawrenson sounded half awake. Dour doesn’t even begin to describe Danny.

As for the OP, BT coverage is pretty good and as others have said is particularly strong in terms of the time they give to the build up features and analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Can’t believe Lawrenson still gets air time but it’s mercifully few and far between now.
    He’ll be getting wheeled out for the World Cup to dazzle us with his incisive analyses and scintillating chat...

The thing for me is BT don’t do anything during the week, that for me is as much part of the coverage than the matchdays. If they don’t have a live game one week, then you might not see or hear any Scottish material for weeks. That is part of the coverage for me.

Sky have Sky Sports News and the On Demand service with interviews and classic games to download. Hopefully they do more of that. Their Edinburgh Derby day stuff was brilliant.

BT have mixed it up, both should be in for the rights which is positive. Sky pay the majority of the current deal, so it balances out. They pay 2/3 of the current deal to BT 1/3. That is investment.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavieRoy View Post
    The thing for me is BT don’t do anything during the week, that for me is as much part of the coverage than the matchdays. If they don’t have a live game one week, then you might not see or hear any Scottish material for weeks. That is part of the coverage for me.

Sky have Sky Sports News and the On Demand service with interviews and classic games to download. Hopefully they do more of that. Their Edinburgh Derby day stuff was brilliant.

BT have mixed it up, both should be in for the rights which is positive. Sky pay the majority of the current deal, so it balances out. They pay 2/3 of the current deal to BT 1/3. That is investment.
    The derby stuff was excellent. Having a good hibee like Luke Shanley working for sky is a real bonus.

United we stand here....