hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Gardening on radio

Has anyone ever listened to this on the Jeremy Vine show? Some eccentric old Welsh guy called Terry comes on and proceeds to do some gardening whilst talking away describing what he’s doing. It’s the best thing on the radio. It must be what it was like before TVs came along.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    It's on every month I think, Terry from the Rhondda valley,,,, although some of the info is interesting for gardeners, I reckon it's a bit of a pi$$ take.
    The other day they were talking about plastic in supermarkets and this guy phoned up saying he invented stackable boxes made of plywood (Russian doll style) that he'd place in his trolley, fill with shopping then place in the car. Jeremy signed off quite straight faced thanking him for an amazing idea, the guy had invented "the box",,,,

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's on every month I think, Terry from the Rhondda valley,,,, although some of the info is interesting for gardeners, I reckon it's a bit of a pi$$ take.
    The other day they were talking about plastic in supermarkets and this guy phoned up saying he invented stackable boxes made of plywood (Russian doll style) that he'd place in his trolley, fill with shopping then place in the car. Jeremy signed off quite straight faced thanking him for an amazing idea, the guy had invented "the box",,,,

I don’t know if it’s true or not but I heard his brother Tim telling a story about a phone in topic where Jeremy asked people to phone in if they were scared of their own voice.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    This must be up there with the fireworks live from Edinburgh on Radio Forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This must be up there with the fireworks live from Edinburgh on Radio Forth.
    It reminds me of a story I heard about the olden days of radio. There was a darts champion who would throw darts from 501 down. There would be a gap between throws for you to take your turn. If you beat him there was no prize, you could just say you beat the champ. Fabulous stuff.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Has anyone ever listened to this on the Jeremy Vine show? Some eccentric old Welsh guy called Terry comes on and proceeds to do some gardening whilst talking away describing what he’s doing. It’s the best thing on the radio. It must be what it was like before TVs came along.
    Even though TVs have now come along, some things are still better on daytime radio than on daytime TV.