hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Hibernian v Kilmarnock Pre game thoughts

The games just get bigger and bigger. Played the champions elect last week, and tomorrow we have a chance to cement at least 4th place, maybe even finish the day higher up the table, dependent on other weekend results

Reading that McGregor is free from injury, and Allan and Bartley are available again as well. Great to have a strong squad again. Will give Neil a few things to consider. Will he bring Daz back in, to play up against Boyd, if he does, who drops out? Think if Jones is fit for Killie, we need to play with a orthodox right back?
    Will Scottie boy come back in, or will he stick with Swanson?

3 points tomorrow, will be a fantastic achievement, and will give us massive momentum, going into 2 tough away matches

Can’t wait!

2. Log in to remove the advert

All that matters tomorrow is winning. I really don’t care how we do it, we just need to win.

The work we’ve done since the winter break, to get in to the position we are in, has been incredible and I really don’t want to throw it away.

Anything less than a win and we can forget getting second. I don’t see Hearts doing us any favours tonight and falling 5 or 6 points behind the sheep with 3 games to go would be too much to overturn IMO. On the flip side, Celtic will do us a favour this weekend so we need to make sure we take advantage.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Personally would play same team as last week no one deserves to be dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure Allan deserves to be dropped either though. McGregor, if fully fit will come in for Whittaker too

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Win at all costs. I'm hoping maybe Killie's bubble was burst a bit last week, am concerned about Boyd being a problem for us, shouldn't be but he's having some season.

The only issue for me is whether to reintroduce Scott for Danny, I thought Swanson was tremendous last week and if fit deserves to continue, I'd play the same team as started last week introducing Scott / Slivka if it isn't working out, Nice position to be in.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough
    Although everyone played well vs Celtic, they did start getting some success when Sinclair came on and ran at Whitty, I wouldn't like to see him up against Jones who's been way better than Sinclair this season. Daz to come in for Whitty is the only obvious change I would make, Scott/Danny is a hard one, won't be an easy decision for the manager, I'd be tempted to start Scott and give Danny 20 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Win at all costs. I'm hoping maybe Killie's bubble was burst a bit last week, am concerned about Boyd being a problem for us, shouldn't be but he's having some season.

The only issue for me is whether to reintroduce Scott for Danny, I thought Swanson was tremendous last week and if fit deserves to continue, I'd play the same team as started last week introducing Scott / Slivka if it isn't working out, Nice position to be in.
    Definitely this!

Left by mutual consent!
    We need 2 or 3 to win this and we are more than capable. Lets face it boyd will score.

Get big Daz on Boyd. Last time we played at home he never lost a header or challenge against him, whereas I think Boyd had the better of Hanlon.

Just win Hibs

Testimonial Due
    The Swanson/Allan situation is a great position for the club to be in at this point in the season. Neil Lennon will know which to pick. Personally, while I really enjoyed Swanson's contribution to the game last week, I think Allan is the better player. Happy with either though. While McGregor could well return in the middle of a three at the back, we have a lot of options. I trust our manager to choose the right formation against Kilmarnock and, while they were good against us second half at their place, I'd expect us to win on a pitch where the ball actually rolls and doesn't bounce in a completely different direction to what's expected.

Make no mistake though, if we aren't up for the match, we'll be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Get big Daz on Boyd. Last time we played at home he never lost a header or challenge against him, whereas I think Boyd had the better of Hanlon.
    Seen boyd on the telly following week commenting on how strong Daz was, with a slightly feart look on his face. Scored a good goal 1st minute but proceeded to be bitched the rest of the game...

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Marciano

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

McGinn McGeouch Allan

Boyle Kamberi Maclaren

Here Killie have injury problems, anyone got any knowledge of them?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Here Killie have injury problems, anyone got any knowledge of them?
    Mulumbu and Jones missed last weeks game no idea if they have recovered.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Mulumbu and Jones missed last weeks game no idea if they have recovered.
    Just looked on a Killi forum and they are in the dark too. Seemingly no team news at all coming from Clarke.

Reckon both players might be risked unless they are properly injured. If Killie-Hibs lose their season is over

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Reckon both players might be risked unless they are properly injured. If Killie-Hibs lose their season is over
    Their season is over anyway, even if they win tomorrow they’re not overtaking us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Nervous.

I had a Kilmarnock pie from Lidl on Wednesday and really enjoyed it. I think we’re *****ed. Sorry.

It's a tough game. Aren't they all?

One nil Hibs.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Same team as last week but Allan in for Swanson. Harsh on Danny as he had a very good game last week but Allan was only out the team through no fault of his own and we need our strongest team out.

Would be tempted to bring Daz in for Whittaker if Jones is fit, if not I’d keep the back 4 as it was.

I just hope all the hype over the Celtic game, Rangers Game, Player of the Year nomination & Manager of the Year nomination doesn’t mean we take our eye off the ball as we have done in the past. Killie will be ready and desperate to get back on their impressive run. Absolute 100% focus, attitude & desire required tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    If we go into the game with the same focus and pace as we did against Celtic, I think we will win.

@hibs.net private member
    Play to our abilities and we win. It has been a long time since we were really poor in a game, hope we can go another 4 without our bubble bursting. If we do we are off to Europe. Win tomorrow and we put huge pressure on the Dandy Dons and the Zombies. Moreover, we will only need to look up the way.

@hibs.net private member Hibernianinc's Avatar
    For me this is absolutely the game to cement Lennon's credibility as the real deal.

Exactly the sort of games Hibs of old would lose after all the hard work.

3-1 Hibs.

Allan and McGregor back in for Whittaker and Swanson.
    Both done well last week but the players they were standing in for are better and have been playing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernianinc View Post
    For me this is absolutely the game to cement Lennon's credibility as the real deal.

Exactly the sort of games Hibs of old would lose after all the hard work.

3-1 Hibs.
    Hibs of old wouldn’t even be in the top six never mind battling for second place with four games left.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Allan and McGregor back in for Whittaker and Swanson.
    Both done well last week but the players they were standing in for are better and have been playing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is where I am too. Got to play our strongest team.

I’d be going for

Marciano

Ambrose Hanlon Porteous

Boyle Mcginn Mcgeough Stevenson

Allan

Kamberi McLaren

I’m saying Porteous over Daz mainly because he’s just back from injury, and frankly Ryan’s a sensation.