hibs.net Messageboard

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Hibs double winning youth team

Anyone reckon 6 or 7 of them well get awarded senior contracts ala last time? Obviously Porteous, Fraser Murray and Shaw have featured more than a few times for the first team but will be interesting to see if anyone else gets a contract on the back of these performances?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hats off to those that went. Superb support 👏 great night and some outstanding performances (particularly Porteous)

Fantastic achievement

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone reckon 6 or 7 of them well get awarded senior contracts ala last time? Obviously Porteous, Fraser Murray and Shaw have featured more than a few times for the first team but will be interesting to see if anyone else gets a contract on the back of these performances?
    Porteous, Shaw, Fraser Murray for sure. A few others may beed a year out on loan at L1 or Championship to develop more first. New "reserve" set up might suit them better.

What was obvious to me is that’s a Porteous is far too good for that level. He won every single header with ease and looked like a man compared to the Aberdeen players.

Fraser Murray impressed by doing what he showed us in the first team - an eye for goal and can take a man on or play a creative pass.

Stirling was another one that impressed by his composure and range of passing. Happy to see he wasn’t scared to do one touch passing either and he is a big laddie.

Mackie also impressed me and seems like he is quite similar to Stevenson. Another one who looks like he has put a lot of time into the gym.

Congratulations boys on a job very well done. GGTTH

I think out the 09 team only a couple are playing now (Wotherspoon and Booth). The step up is massive, if we get 3 we will be doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I think out the 09 team only a couple are playing now (Wotherspoon and Booth). The step up is massive, if we get 3 we will be doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You missed out Kurtis Byrne who is with Linfield.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    What was obvious to me is that’s a Porteous is far too good for that level. He won every single header with ease and looked like a man compared to the Aberdeen players.

Fraser Murray impressed by doing what he showed us in the first team - an eye for goal and can take a man on or play a creative pass.

Stirling was another one that impressed by his composure and range of passing. Happy to see he wasn’t scared to do one touch passing either and he is a big laddie.

Mackie also impressed me and seems like he is quite similar to Stevenson. Another one who looks like he has put a lot of time into the gym.
    Really impressed with the boys physique. Pure athlete.

Dabrowski is a very decent keeper for his age as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Dabrowski is a very decent keeper for his age as well.
    I was there too and the goalie got down well to prevent a couple of tricky ones in the bottom corners. he did very well. I think a few of these boys will make the grade no probs. Porteous is ready for first team football, now!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Will they be displaying the trophy at half time going around the pitch in a wee tractor like thing that they used to do in the olden (glory) days against Killie ?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    A big well done to every member of the Development Squad and their Management Team a brilliant achievement in winning the League and an excellent performance in the Cup Final against a very good Aberdeen team.

GGTTH 🏆🏆