hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Gerrard

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Travelling by rail? That is thick, ha ha
    Going to England training camp with Carragher. Both as arrogant and thick as ..... I was on way to Birmingham for trade union meeting and juked into first. Had the miss pleasure of sitting next to them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    Heard about this a couple of days back along with the McGregor signing, what I know is certain Huns seem rather excited about his potential assistant, it’s not Waldo apparently.
    One of my delivery drivers mentioned Gerard signing on Momday past . Also said McGegor , Arfield and McCarthy were at Mordor this week. Today he’s saying Gary Macca ( can’t spell it :) as his assistant.
    He also reckoned Neil Warnock was their first choice.
    His source is someone on the board .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Season ticket time in La La land.

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    One of my delivery drivers mentioned Gerard signing on Momday past . Also said McGegor , Arfield and McCarthy were at Mordor this week. Today he’s saying Gary Macca ( can’t spell it :) as his assistant.
    He also reckoned Neil Warnock was their first choice.
    His source is someone on the board .
    Hull City assistant manager Andy Crosby has confirmed that goalkeeper Allan McGregor has not yet had a medical at Rangers, nor has he agreed a deal with the Glasgow club despite reports claiming that he had.
    The Scottish Sun had reported that McGregor, 36, was due to undergo medical examinations with the Gers on Thursday and will be announced as one of the first signings of the summer transfer window before the end of the week.

However in a major development, Crosby has asserted that the Scotland international had never even left Humberside and there is yet to be an agreement for the goalkeeper to return to his former club.

He's really dim. It takes a special kind of nutter to be a successful Rangers manager.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    He'd be an absolute mug to take that job. Especially seeing as they arent going to win the title anytime soon, pressure would be on right from the off. He may as well kiss goodbye to having any hope of ever managing Liverpool if he takes it...

I actually think he would be a good manager for someone but not the Huns. Seems a likeable bloke and I get the impression players would want to play for him.

Does he get on with Brendan, Scouse?

This is a typical Sevco tactic now, go for high profile and generate lots of positive press excitement but really it's all blingy and flashy but no substance underneath, all fur coat and nae knickers I suppose!

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Even the Huns at my work have seen through this. The two I spoke to reckon it is all about shifting STs. Both said he could probably get a game as well and they would be more excited at that prospect. I asked if they thought he would get in before Halliday? They just ignored that.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    If he does join them it can only be good for our league. Having Rodgers, Gerrard and Lennon to an extent in Scotland would look very good to those outside.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post
    If he does join them it can only be good for our league. Having Rodgers, Gerrard and Lennon to an extent in Scotland would look very good to those outside.

What? No mention of Craig Levein? 😂

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    What? No mention of Craig Levein?
    Did I miss him out?! Sorry!!!

Sportsound absolutely wetting their knickers over the potential arrival of the redeemer.

Aberdeen manager Mcinnes clearly jacked off being asked about Gerrard twice in the prelude to the Hearts game, skilfully changes the subject onto his own team. As much as I appreciate Lennon, I wish he'd do the same. I don't care about the Rangers, as someone said.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Sportsound absolutely wetting their knickers over the potential arrival of the redeemer.

Aberdeen manager Mcinnes clearly jacked off being asked about Gerrard twice in the prelude to the Hearts game, skilfully changes the subject onto his own team. As much as I appreciate Lennon, I wish he'd do the same. I don't care about the Rangers, as someone said.
    Sums up what's important to the Beeb and, what's more to the point, what's totally unimportant.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Going to England training camp with Carragher. Both as arrogant and thick as ..... I was on way to Birmingham for trade union meeting and juked into first. Had the miss pleasure of sitting next to them.
    What a crock of ****,have you asked yourself maybe how you came across to them? Your description is nothing like how either of them actually are.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    If it is Gerrard least he was the last man to stop Brendan Rodgers winning the league

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    If it is Gerrard least he was the last man to stop Brendan Rodgers winning the league
    Andy. You're about two days late.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Andy. You're about two days late.
    Ack i've no read the whole thread Rab just saw it on Facebook

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Did anyone here Murty saying that if he wins the last four games he might still get the job? I almost phoned the RSPCA, it’s disturbing viewing.

United we stand here....

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    What a crock of ****,have you asked yourself maybe how you came across to them? Your description is nothing like how either of them actually are.
    You know them personally then? Met them in real life ? Carragher’s recent behaviour with little girl and Gerard’s antics with the gangsters and his Wife more an indication of their true personalities.

I also met John Collins on a flight and a really humble man who took the time to speak about Hibs. Worked non stop in preparation for his up and commentary assignment. Treated everybody with respect. Far cry from those two parts.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    You know them personally then? Met them in real life ? Carragher’s recent behaviour with little girl and Gerard’s antics with the gangsters and his Wife more an indication of their true personalities.

I also met John Collins on a flight and a really humble man who took the time to speak about Hibs. Worked non stop in preparation for his up and commentary assignment. Treated everybody with respect. Far cry from those two parts.
    Yes I have, as I thought your response in justifying your remarks by quoting recent incidents from the media, rather than explaining what actually happened "on the train" backs up my original post. If you have a low opinion because of what you have read fair enough but don't make up things about two guys who are generally great with people tbey meet.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Does he know what he is letting himself in for ? I think he should do his homework first. His managerial career could be over before it even starts.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Yes I have, as I thought your response in justifying your remarks by quoting recent incidents from the media, rather than explaining what actually happened "on the train" backs up my original post. If you have a low opinion because of what you have read fair enough but don't make up things about two guys who are generally great with people tbey meet.
    Actually It was a number of years ago before the Carragher incident and me even knowing about the Gerard’s and gangsters, fights etc. Though those incidents back up the arrogant, rude and thick characteristics they showed on that journey to fellow Travelers and rail company staff. I was shocked particularly with Gerrard given his nice boy media image. He is made for Rangers.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Historically were Everton not formed out of a catholic church grouping, like us? Still got a catholic church in one of the corners at Goodieson have they not. Even the choice of blue shirts was something to do with the virgin Mary (im not religious in the slightest so that may be balls)
    Liverpool has huge Irish/Scottish ancestry and in many ways its a bit like Glasgow on the Mersey. For me, Everton were more Irish in their make up than Liverpool. Don't let YNWA fool you.
    St Lukes church in the corner of Goodison Park is an anglican church.

Many teams in Britain were formed from church associations in the latter 1800s.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    There are no alternative versions, The Fields of Athenry is The Fields of Athenry. Rangers sing a lovely song about the UVF or the UDA or whatever they're called to the same tune but that's not an alternative version.
    It must just be me, but why don’t they sing songs about the fitba or about their team?

All this sectarian nonsense is depressing - I just can’t get my head around all of these alternative agendas for singing at the match.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    It must just be me, but why don’t they sing songs about the fitba or about their team?

All this sectarian nonsense is depressing - I just can’t get my head around all of these alternative agendas for singing at the match.

It’s business.

Loyalty to a football team is just a football team.

Loyalty to a culture, the Queen and your way of life runs deeper and is potentially more valuable to those who exploit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    He'd be an absolute mug to take that job. Especially seeing as they arent going to win the title anytime soon, pressure would be on right from the off. He may as well kiss goodbye to having any hope of ever managing Liverpool if he takes it...
    Who knows what Sevco are capable of. He won't take the job without assurances of big money to sign top players, and Sevco are desperate enough to provide that simply to stop 10 in a row. IMO Sevco would probably risk suicide to stop Celtic - beg steal and borrow to destruction. Horrible club run by crooks for bigots.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    St Lukes church in the corner of Goodison Park is an anglican church.

Many teams in Britain were formed from church associations in the latter 1800s.
    Everton used to give free tickets to Catholic Priests.