hibs.net Messageboard

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Perfectly acceptable behaviour

Without detracting from the seriousness of the incidents highlighted in here from last night (pitch invader and the West stand racist) is just like to point out that the thousands of people in the area around me behaved impeccably last night - some passionate shouts, bit of singing, some mild and not so mild name calling, everything you'd expect from a big game crowd.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Shame there were a couple of folk in amongst the thousands of well behaved fans that have taken the spotlight, but as is the norm for me, I watched the game enjoying the atmosphere and having no issues with anyone around me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without detracting from the seriousness of the incidents highlighted in here from last night (pitch invader and the West stand racist) is just like to point out that the thousands of people in the area around me behaved impeccably last night - some passionate shouts, bit of singing, some mild and not so mild name calling, everything you'd expect from a big game crowd.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Shame there were a couple of folk in amongst the thousands of well behaved fans that have taken the spotlight, but as is the norm for me, I watched the game enjoying the atmosphere and having no issues with anyone around me.
    Exactly my point on the clown supporters thread. I loved the atmosphere last night and think we should rightly condemn the idiot minority but equally accentuate the many positives about Hibs and Scottish football as a whole. Give me that game last night any time ahead of many of the boring English aPremier hypefests.

@hibs.net private member

And that's as it should be.
    Unfortunately the media and the authorities only pick up on the antics of a small idiotic minority.

I'd just like to point out that I joined in most of the singing in the singing section as I normally do, and enjoyed it and the result, so on the whole a positive experience. However, if we're going to weed out the runts as it were, we won't do it burying our heads in the sand. Do a lot of these morons buy tickets for the FF lower and then just come up the stairs?

@hibs.net private member
    The Celtc fan screaming at Flo Kamberi behind me probably just fitted your description. I found him and his behaviour totally unacceptable at ER.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    I'd just like to point out that I joined in most of the singing in the singing section as I normally do, and enjoyed it and the result, so on the whole a positive experience. However, if we're going to weed out the runts as it were, we won't do it burying our heads in the sand. Do a lot of these morons buy tickets for the FF lower and then just come up the stairs?
    Don't think you can buy adult tickets in the FF lower anymore without buying a child's ticket too.

I'd also like to commend the 99% of all supporters in stadium who behaved perfectly well during that game, in keeping with how it is at ER 99% of the time.
    Last edited by lyonhibs; 09-03-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Far too much perspective on this thread. We need more people acting like the office sweetie wife and hand wringing.

We absolutely shouldn't be ignoring or making light of flashpoints like we have seen over the last 2 weekends but it isn't bedlam and warfare every other week. Most fans attend the game, behave well and go home having enjoyed a day at the football.

First Team Breakthrough goosefat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Box 17 View Post
    And that's as it should be.
    Unfortunately the media and the authorities only pick up on the antics of a small idiotic minority.
    Unfortunately that’s basically what they’re there for.

It was a great night under the floodlights last night, thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.