hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Gerrard

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Steven Gerrard

Apparently in talks to become new Rangers manager.

That's mental.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

That's mental.
    And another reason to hate the Huns as I can't stand him.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post

That's mental.
    Let's hope so. Less experience than Murty

Odds 1/3.

He was at Ibrox in March to see his 'new team' lose 3-2 to ra Sellick and witness the atmosphere.

Potter is 7/1.
    Last edited by iwasthere1972; 26-04-2018 at 11:30 AM.

I’ve no issue with Gerrard, but with his constant constipatory scowl he’ll probably fit in quite well over in the big hoose!

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    From the BBC comments section .....

Inspired thinking from The Rangers.

After all Steven Gerrard is the last man who stopped Brendan Rodgers from winning a title.

Left by mutual consent!
    He isn't stupid he knows what they are all about singing their pish on a match day. If he wants to represent that then he goes way down in my estimation.

Would be a good appointment I think, Murty done a good job even with no managing experience before but couldn’t gain the respect of the players when Celtic put them in place. Gerrard will know how to lead a dressing room which is what Rangers are lacking right now

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Newry Hibs View Post

After all Steven Gerrard is the last man who stopped Brendan Rodgers from winning a title.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    And another reason to hate the Huns as I can't stand him.

And he’s a catholic so the Huns will hate him too!

I am no expert on sectarian issues but I thought the Rangers especially in their previous incarnation, had an affinity with Everton,(Duncan Ferguson, Walter Smith etc) and the Liverpool fans sing some Irish dirge, the name of which escapes me, but is usually identified with Eire.

Seems to me therefore that Gerrard is from 'the wrong side' so might not be welcomed by some of the more closed minded (in my opinion, the vast majority) of the Govan support.

Has he got someone to take on the Steven Gerrard role? I just don't think Rangers have a diver of his calibre in their squad.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

This is going to confuse Bollah Jr, who is a Hibs and Liverpool fan who can't stand the huns but worships at the altar of stevie G and is halfway through his book

Would certainly be interesting to see how he does. Hopefully badly.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This is going to confuse Bollah Jr, who is a Hibs and Liverpool fan who can't stand the huns but worships at the altar of stevie G and is halfway through his book
    Hide his crayons then!

This is perfect for me.

Never liked him as a player and if this happens i'll like him even less as a manager.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Wait til he's on the sidelines telling his players to 'calm down, calm down'
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Sadly, I'm sure it's just yet another Morelos-to-China style Jim Traynor stunt but if it did happen, Lennon would have him for breakfast.

A man who won zero league titles as a player going to a club with zero league titles. Perfect fit

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    I am no expert on sectarian issues but I thought the Rangers especially in their previous incarnation, had an affinity with Everton,(Duncan Ferguson, Walter Smith etc) and the Liverpool fans sing some Irish dirge, the name of which escapes me, but is usually identified with Eire.

Seems to me therefore that Gerrard is from 'the wrong side' so might not be welcomed by some of the more closed minded (in my opinion, the vast majority) of the Govan support.
    Historically were Everton not formed out of a catholic church grouping, like us? Still got a catholic church in one of the corners at Goodieson have they not. Even the choice of blue shirts was something to do with the virgin Mary (im not religious in the slightest so that may be balls)
    Liverpool has huge Irish/Scottish ancestry and in many ways its a bit like Glasgow on the Mersey. For me, Everton were more Irish in their make up than Liverpool. Don't let YNWA fool you.

First Team Breakthrough
    Imagine Murty, putting up with the dog**** that passes for governance at Ibrox and having to listen to that prick Dave King on a daily basis, only to be told you weren't being offered the job because you just don't have enough experience...

Hope it happens, complete joke of a club

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    He isn't stupid he knows what they are all about singing their pish on a match day. If he wants to represent that then he goes way down in my estimation.
    Got to say I do not see how this pairing fits. Gerrard knows squat about Scottish football, he will expect a good wage and risks his reputation on a problem club. Will he get a good budget - probably not. Will he come under immediate pressure - yes. Can he take on Celtic - no. If he suceeds, no-one cares, if he fails he has pushed his managerial career back.

I can see what Rangers might get out of it short term - big name, some players from Liverpool etc. - little else

Remember he has a history of 'almost' moving. Admittedly its crazy enough for Sevco

PS I always remember seeing a couple of rangers tops being worn by liverpool fans when you see the Hillsborough footage and for years there's always been the odd Irish flag on view when Everton at playing at home.

To the extent that there's any substance at all to sectarian affiliations in Liverpool, Everton are the 'catholic' club and Liverpool are 'protestant'.

Still ttying to sell season tickets down Ibrokes way? This could be on a par with the Morelos fantssy bid. Gerrard and a warchest of 12,000,000 Yuan to buy huddies they cannot afford.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    cheating diving little pwick managing a vile institution = what a match

just need 'the gobber' carragher as his assistant, he could do all the interviews, then scottish football fans would go from not caring a jot what anyone from sevco says, to not having a clue what they're saying even if they did want to

Left by mutual consent!
    What would this do to Celtic's "more than a club" boak inducing connection with Liverpool?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_one View Post
    Got to say I do not see how this pairing fits. Gerrard knows squat about Scottish football, he will expect a good wage and risks his reputation on a problem club. Will he get a good budget - probably not. Will he come under immediate pressure - yes. Can he take on Celtic - no. If he suceeds, no-one cares, if he fails he has pushed his managerial career back.

I can see what Rangers might get out of it short term - big name, some players from Liverpool etc. - little else

Remember he has a history of 'almost' moving. Admittedly its crazy enough for Sevco
    The only plus for both sides in the deal is the instant publicity.
    After that, I can only see disaster for both parties, TBH.