hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Russell Latapy. Never heard of him, thought he looked slow and not bothered in the first couple of games. Oops.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hakan SAR temsouray 😁

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    John O’Neil
    Darren Jackson

Jackie Macnamara
    John Hughes
    Chris Shevlane
    Des Bremner

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Scott Allan. Still don't like the way he left the first time and never will but he's put in the effort, proved to be the missing link and proved me wrong.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by blaikie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alan Stubbs .... so underwhelmed when he got the job after relegation, on a player side I would have to say Bamba! Bombscare at Dunfermline but Mixu had him playing well and he’s went on to be an absolute rock at centre half down south.
    On the managerial front, I was fizzing when Tony Mowbray was appointed and then binned our (at the time) best player - Grant Brebner. Now he's probably my second or third favourite hibs manager.

Quote Originally Posted by eezyrider View Post
    Leighton had a nightmare at Dundee. Fell out of favour after letting in 6 goals in a game (against Partick I think).
    Everyone thought he was finished after that. Then he turned up at Hibs - I thought he was just going to go into a coaching role - but Jim had other plans and resurrected his career in amazing style.

EZ
    Yes looked finished and few were happy at his arrival

First Team Breakthrough
    Chic Charnley. I wasn't impressed when Duffy signed him The guy was a dream to watch, I named my cat after him!
    Wish he played for us 10 year before.
    Michael Stewart also, Very unlikeable in blood stained jobby colours, but a very intelligent, skilful , entertaining fitba player.

I thought Kajabi would never make a name for himself. Oh how I was sooooooo wrong.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Archibald. I reckoned he needed a Strachan to set up the tap ins. Delighted to have eaten a huge slice of humble pie.
    I remember Ally McLeod arriving and being unpopular (wasnt sure why, possibly the deal to get him) so surprised he's not been mentioned yet

Mixu's first couple of outings were not inspiring. He looked badly out of shape at the time but what a magnificent signing he turned out to be!!

As a couple have said Jim Leighton and Mixu. What a great goalkeeper and as for Mixu nowt to be said.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Probably Stevenson. Was MOM in the League Cup final but after that I had little time for him, looked like he had very limited ability, lack of pace, and the only people that seemed to think he was any good were some people on here who just liked to contradict others for the sake of it. But in the last 2 or 3 seasons he's proved me, and many others, totally wrong. A shining example of what a good, solid pro should be, an example to all of us.
    .....and to think Ryan McGivern kept him out of the left back position for best part of two seasons!
    Last edited by Isaac_Refvik; 27-04-2018 at 08:50 AM.

I recall being underwhelmed when we sold Paul Wright and bought in Keith Wright.
    I was also not convinced with Scott Allen coming back a second time but that is looking good right now

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Aside from his Ibrox heroics, he turned in a lot of great displays. First leg of the Uefa Cup tie v Dnipro springs to mind. I think there was talk Dnipro wanted to sign him after that. But my favourite Sproule game was when he ran Hearts ragged in the 2006 League Cup quarter-final. Only 1-0 but we dominated them that night as thoroughly as it was possible to do.
    Ah, the famous "pub team" game! I know John Collins divides opinions but he 0roduced a classic that night!

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Another vote for Gary Smith

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    I think Gareth Evans for 50K was good value

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Archibald. I reckoned he needed a Strachan to set up the tap ins. Delighted to have eaten a huge slice of humble pie.
    I remember Ally McLeod arriving and being unpopular (wasnt sure why, possibly the deal to get him) so surprised he's not been mentioned yet
    Stevie Archibald class act! Always looked to have more time on the ball than any other player as he could bring the ball under control immediately be it foot , thigh or chest tremendous vision and awareness.

Ally MacLeod another class act faster than he looked. I remember one game I think against Dundee he scored direct from a free kick the ref told him to retake it as the wall wasn’t ready. He repeated the feat putting the ball in the opposite corner.