hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cummings

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're probably right about the instalments.

I think I calculated it as 550k in the accounts. Add on, say, 200k for winning his cap, 150k for VAT and 100k for the exaggeration factor and there's the 1m.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    😂 Exaggeration factor! Accountancy at its finest

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Exaggeration factor! Accountancy at its finest
    I Ken.

I was looking at it from Peterborough's perspective. It's good PR to say they have signed a 1m player, hence a bit of rounding up in the media..

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Cool, but he’s away to Peterborough no??
    Another magical monkton midnight classic. Not as cringe as some of the usual fare tbh 😂

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Good luck to Jason Cummings - hope the wee man smashes it down there. Was a pivotal part in putting the swagger back into our club and smile back on all of our faces after what was a very, very dark period. Hated seeing him line up for The Rangers, so happy he is out of there.

Hibernian legend.

@hibs.net private member
    Cummings is a likeable rogue..you get a sense he appreciates the opportunity given to him at Hibs ..but equally get no sense of much affection thereafter ...his instagram
    Goodbye love note to the “Rangers family” is not something I can ever recall he did when he left us...

Wish him well. But have no real desire to see him back at our place ...

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Cummings is a likeable rogue..you get a sense he appreciates the opportunity given to him at Hibs ..but equally get no sense of much affection thereafter ...his instagram
    Goodbye love note to the “Rangers family” is not something I can ever recall he did when he left us...

Cummings' love note to us was in the form of the amount of goals he put past the club he once loved but who rejected him - Hearts.
    He will always be considered the "Hammer of The Hearts" through my eyes.
    No need for him to leave us anything beyond all those sweet, sweet memories.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    Err, not a lot other than the fact that they are also known as the tractor boys and they have won a major Euro competition quite a while ago and they also had a former England manager who did quite well and Tony Mowbray , ex-Hibs manager was connected to them and they live in a place quite close to "the Wash" and their football club were , shall we say known to have an interest in an ex HIBS/the rangers player.(going by some recent press reports)Other than that, Ipswich, the town the football club, the outlying farms and the people have absolutely nothing to do with anything, unless you actually have relatives or family ties in some way to that area. you can get more info, on Ipswich if you go to google.
    Even by your own standards that's off the off your head scale.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post

He did. And where has he written "Rangers family"?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    Cummings' love note to us was in the form of the amount of goals he put past the club he once loved but who rejected him - Hearts.
    He will always be considered the "Hammer of The Hearts" through my eyes.
    No need for him to leave us anything beyond all those sweet, sweet memories.

He certainly scored loads of goals...Sweet memories indeed...I was merely reflecting on the fact that he talks with more affection for Rangers than he did/does for us...up to him...just an observation.

I wish him all the best. Always had a soft spot for the daftie despite his laziness at times...he is a good finisher in my book.

He's provided a lot of great memories for me, especially on the way to the Scottish Cup win. That goal at the PBS and the winner at ER, his "dinked" miss and then winning spot kick in the semi and then the through ball to Stokes in the final...hash broon indeed!

Good luck JC.

Scottish Cup hero, good luck Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post
    I like Cummings but I thought we did well to get a Ł1m for him. Hibs were probably his level and he could have had a good career with us but obviously got a chance to try something new and earn more money so fair play to him.

If he was half the player he thinks he is he’d be twice the player he is, but that’s the charm of the boy. I’ve got nothing but love for the wee dafty.
    Read that last bit a couple of times. So...that means he thinks he’s 4 times as good as he actually is?

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    Read that last bit a couple of times. So...that means he thinks he’s 4 times as good as he actually is?
    I've read it a dozen times and I've had nine different answers.

Still none the wiser.

Blog Entries
    That header at PBS. That consummate striker's goal 4 minutes into the replay. That daft laddie getting sent off late on in the same game & making things unnecessarily difficult for us. JC summed up really over the course of one cup tie. I'm not sure he's got the physical attributes or the mental strength to succeed in England but he was a fine player & an unbelievable character in his time at ER. I wish him nothing but success in his future career.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Another magical monkton midnight classic. Not as cringe as some of the usual fare tbh 😂
    I always wonder if he reads them back the next day when he sobers up, or if he even remembers posting them for that matter.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I think he'll struggle in that league, full of hatchet men. Him and DM playing in the same league now.

JC looks like yet another Scot who won't make it down South and will be back some time soon playing for a club like Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    JC looks like yet another Scot who won't make it down South and will be back some time soon playing for a club like Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts.
    Doesn't sound so bad.

If you'd said Falkirk, Livi, or Dumbarton, I'd have been worried for the lad.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    It's a shame that a club legend is now viewed unfavourably by so many fans because he played 18 games for Rangers.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Good luck to a Hibs legend. Always welcome back at Easter Road - genuinely have nothing but good things to say about the guy. He won the Scottish Cup with Hibs.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Good luck to a Hibs legend. Always welcome back at Easter Road - genuinely have nothing but good things to say about the guy. He won the Scottish Cup with Hibs.
    Me too Matty, really can’t understand the JC bashing. Hibs got a good fee for him too

Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    The a Cumdog did something for this clubs that neither McGeouch or (likely) McGinn didn’t. Major respect for that, and he is most definitely a legend along with the other guys from 21st May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed wholeheartedly. He could have done a McGeouch and what McGinn is likely to do but he didnt. He also banged a shed load of important goals. I’d have him back at the club in a heartbeat. Best of luck to you Jase, always a legend in my eyes.

Nothing but good wishes for him i hope He does well. I don't doubt the positive impact he had on our club and will always be grateful however he is a player I never really took to despite his obvious ability and success in a Hibs shirt. Don't really know why.

I can go back to wishing him well now he's not at that ****my club anymore. Good luck Hammer of the Hearts.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I think he'll struggle in that league, full of hatchet men. Him and DM playing in the same league now.
    The championship in Scotland was pretty much only hatchet men. He did ok there

Scottish cup legend but he's a full on rolled up trouser legged hun now so he can get to **** as far as im concerned

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Agreed wholeheartedly. He could have done a McGeouch and what McGinn is likely to do but he didnt. He also banged a shed load of important goals. I’d have him back at the club in a heartbeat. Best of luck to you Jase, always a legend in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I always wonder if he reads them back the next day when he sobers up, or if he even remembers posting them for that matter.
    I know. I’m sure JC will be a hit with the Tractor Boys though 😀