hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cummings

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good luck to him. He signed an extension helped us get promoted, played a huge part in us winning the cup and got us a decent transfer fee. All that after signing for us after telling that mob to beat it. If that doesn’t make him a hibs legend I don’t know what does.
    The boy left the club with best wishes imo. Big part of what we achieved his goal out of nothing at Tynie. Can't be anything other than a legend alongside the rest of them. Wears his heart on his sleeve and gave his all for the club. What a refreshing change from a lot of what went before. He was a big part of bringing back smile a swagger and enjoyment back to eR.
    He's trying down South and why not? Good luck to him.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good luck to him. He signed an extension helped us get promoted, played a huge part in us winning the cup and got us a decent transfer fee. All that after signing for us after telling that mob to beat it. If that doesn’t make him a hibs legend I don’t know what does.
    This in spades. It always baffles me how Cumdog is seen as a traitor in a small section of our support even though he was part of the greatest weekend in our footballing lives yet Sparky is lauded as a hero while receiving standing ovations and chants during matches

Jason Cummings - x1 Scottish Cup, x1 Championship
    Leigh Griffiths - hee-haw
    Last edited by HelmutSchlong; 13-07-2018 at 08:14 PM.

League 1. Hibs legend no doubt but maybe left us a bit too soon. Hope he does well at the Posh and personally I'm glad he's no longer in Govan. His auld man will be gutted.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Cummins always showed us respect, banged in the goals and won us the cup. Boys a legend

Coaching Staff
    Pleased no longer at Ibrox, hope he does well at Posh.

@hibs.net private member
    nothing against him, could have left on a free and we had got nothing for him but signed an extension. Helped us win the cup. best of luck to him.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutSchlong View Post
    This in spades. It always baffles me how Cumdog is seen as a traitor in a small section of our support even though he was part of the greatest weekend in our footballing lives yet Sparky is lauded as a hero while receiving standing ovations and chants during matches

Jason Cummings - x1 Scottish Cup, x1 Championship
    Leigh Griffiths - hee-haw
    Doubt that many (if any) fans see him as a traitor tbh.

However one fan's 'great at banging in goals' is another fan's 'slowly wandering back on to an onside position'.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Doubt that many (if any) fans see him as a traitor tbh.

However one fan's 'great at banging in goals' is another fan's 'slowly wandering back on to an onside position'.
    What does that even mean? He was a prolific goal scorer for hibs. His record will go down as one of our best.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    What does that even mean? He was a prolific goal scorer for hibs. His record will go down as one of our best.
    And what does that even mean? Did he put the same energy into his game as Maclaren and Kamberi?

If you want a lazy poacher then he is certainly your man but he drove NL mental and me as well truth told.

And what does that even mean? Did he put the same energy into his game as Maclaren and Kamberi?

If you want a lazy poacher then he is certainly your man but he drove NL mental and me as well truth told.

I don't think they are mutually exclusive traits from Cummings. I think he left at a good time for Hibs and I hope he does well.

He did score a lot of goals and important ones at that for hibs but he could be a bit of a lazy git which defo drov us mental at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Pleased no longer at Ibrox, hope he does well at Posh.
    Correct! Good luck to him.

Coaching Staff
    Part of the cup winning team so always welcome at Easter Road.

His move to Peterborough will give Jason the chance to show whether he is indeed moving on and be capable of playing at a higher level.......surely they won’t be the third club that could be claimed to ‘not give him much of a chance’

If he doesn’t hit the net regularly at Peterborough.....who are paying ALL his contracted wage while on loan......his next stop could be our city neighbours.....

Hibs legend.

Also, he got some daft hun to get the same tattoo as him after a 6 month loan deal......

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

He scored lots of goals. It’s the only justification he needs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Let's be honest.

He's a fanny.

He will no doubt end up as a football mercenary. Good luck to him

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    This article suggests that we got a million for him:-

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.p...-1-8567357/amp

Whilst the accounts show us getting half that when he left, I did wonder whether there would be add-ons, or if the fee would be more, but paid in instalments. If the article is correct, we should see the benefit of the rest of the fee in the next set of accounts.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Step backwards to step forwards

Exactly. Good luck to Jase.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    Let's be honest.

He's a fanny.

He will no doubt end up as a football mercenary. Good luck to him
    Really? Watch the Scottish cup dvd, him speaking always brings a huge grin on my face. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Cummings got panned by Billy Dodds and Robbie Nielsen on Sportsound yesterday afternoon
    Basically saying he didn’t conform to Rangers tactics yesterday, and basically did what he wanted. Maybe can understand why Lennon got frustrated at him

What you can’t take away, is he’s a great goal scorer

Interesting and worth a listen
    sorry to disagree. he has always been a lone "star" in his own mind. that's my opinion. he scored one of the best ever goals for Hibernian with that header at ****boland, and it will forever be remembered but he has never been a team player, to my mind. don't wish anything bad on him, but was quite nonplussed at his leaving, and somewat pissed off when he suddenly appeared in a loyal royal blue strip. Ipswich, yeah they deserve him

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    sorry to disagree. he has always been a lone "star" in his own mind. that's my opinion. he scored one of the best ever goals for Hibernian with that header at ****boland, and it will forever be remembered but he has never been a team player, to my mind. don't wish anything bad on him, but was quite nonplussed at his leaving, and somewat pissed off when he suddenly appeared in a loyal royal blue strip. Ipswich, yeah they deserve him
    What have Ipswich got to do with anything?

Former Hibs and Rangers striker Jason Cummings has completed a season-long loan move to Peterborough.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...move-1-4768659

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Well they were big in the 80s :)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Err, not a lot other than the fact that they are also known as the tractor boys and they have won a major Euro competition quite a while ago and they also had a former England manager who did quite well and Tony Mowbray , ex-Hibs manager was connected to them and they live in a place quite close to "the Wash" and their football club were , shall we say known to have an interest in an ex HIBS/the rangers player.(going by some recent press reports)Other than that, Ipswich, the town the football club, the outlying farms and the people have absolutely nothing to do with anything, unless you actually have relatives or family ties in some way to that area. you can get more info, on Ipswich if you go to google.

God knows!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This article suggests that we got a million for him:-

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.p...-1-8567357/amp

Whilst the accounts show us getting half that when he left, I did wonder whether there would be add-ons, or if the fee would be more, but paid in instalments. If the article is correct, we should see the benefit of the rest of the fee in the next set of accounts.

If it was instalments would it not have all shown as revenue last year, half as cash and half as a debtor? (Unless he needed to fulfil performance objectives, at which point I can't see him having managed to do so).
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    Err, not a lot other than the fact that they are also known as the tractor boys and they have won a major Euro competition quite a while ago and they also had a former England manager who did quite well and Tony Mowbray , ex-Hibs manager was connected to them and they live in a place quite close to "the Wash" and their football club were , shall we say known to have an interest in an ex HIBS/the rangers player.(going by some recent press reports)Other than that, Ipswich, the town the football club, the outlying farms and the people have absolutely nothing to do with anything, unless you actually have relatives or family ties in some way to that area. you can get more info, on Ipswich if you go to google.
    Cool, but he’s away to Peterborough no??

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    The a Cumdog did something for this clubs that neither McGeouch or (likely) McGinn didn’t. Major respect for that, and he is most definitely a legend along with the other guys from 21st May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Cummings but I thought we did well to get a £1m for him. Hibs were probably his level and he could have had a good career with us but obviously got a chance to try something new and earn more money so fair play to him.

If he was half the player he thinks he is he’d be twice the player he is, but that’s the charm of the boy. I’ve got nothing but love for the wee dafty.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    If it was instalments would it not have all shown as revenue last year, half as cash and half as a debtor? (Unless he needed to fulfil performance objectives, at which point I can't see him having managed to do so).
    You're probably right about the instalments.

I think I calculated it as 550k in the accounts. Add on, say, 200k for winning his cap, 150k for VAT and 100k for the exaggeration factor and there's the 1m.