hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cummings

Cummings

Apologies if this is not new .

If Cummings moves on a permanent deal to Ipswich, do the Hibees have a sell on clause ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clerie Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

If Cummings moves on a permanent deal to Ipswich, do the Hibees have a sell on clause ?
    Don’t know the answer to your question, I doubt anyone on here goes to be honest but in any case I don’t think Ipswich currently have a manager do they? Would think it’s unlikely they’d sign him with no manager?

Unless.......who has Alan Brazil been touting for the Ipswich job again? 🧐

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clerie Green View Post

Missed this one. Where does the Cummings - Ipswich link come from? I would have thought that he will be a Sevco target in Summer.

@hibs.net private member
    Ipswich? wit?

Ipswich haven’t even got a manager

I'm guessing the OP is referring to this:
    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...ings-1-4729025

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Missed this one. Where does the Cummings - Ipswich link come from? I would have thought that he will be a Sevco target in Summer.
    Evening news

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...ings-1-4729025

Hope he goes to Ipswich.

Can’t stand seeing him in that rag!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    Hope he goes to Ipswich.

If he missed the bright lights of Edinburgh while he was at Forest, I’m not sure Ipswich will charm him!

Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    Hope he goes to Ipswich.

Hope so, can't see sevco fighting that hard to keep him if there is interest elsewhere to be honest.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Cummings got panned by Billy Dodds and Robbie Nielsen on Sportsound yesterday afternoon
    Basically saying he didn’t conform to Rangers tactics yesterday, and basically did what he wanted. Maybe can understand why Lennon got frustrated at him

What you can’t take away, is he’s a great goal scorer

Interesting and worth a listen

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Cummings got panned by Billy Dodds and Robbie Nielsen on Sportsound yesterday afternoon
    Basically saying he didn’t conform to Rangers tactics yesterday, and basically did what he wanted. Maybe can understand why Lennon got frustrated at him

I didn’t see yesterday’s game but did they not play him up front on his own?

He’s never a lone striker in a million years.

He was a great goalscorer at championship level. Still to be confirmed if he is "great" at premier league level imo.

I used to love him when he was here but after seeing what we were missing with Kamberi/MacLaren etc I'm far far happier with what he have now.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I didn’t see yesterday’s game but did they not play him up front on his own?

He’s never a lone striker in a million years.
    He did, but Murphy and Windass were supporting him

You’re right he’s not a lone striker!
    Think what they were saying, was he didn’t play the position he was supposed to have, which led Rangers players to be out of position in other areas of the park too

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...ast%3Ap0652f7d

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    He was a great goalscorer at championship level. Still to be confirmed if he is "great" at premier league level imo.

I used to love him when he was here but after seeing what we were missing with Kamberi/MacLaren etc I'm far far happier with what he have now.
    I think he is a great scorer full stop. Yes most of his work for us was in the championship but we played good teams in the championship. Better teams in the cups. He scored against Newcastle for Forest which is a better level again.

I'm happy with the squad we have now but let's not have short memories about the players who helped get us here.

He may not be the complete player but he is a decent goal scorer.

I wish we had him Back at hibs.....hammer of the hearts and club legend

And The Rangers tactics are? Whilst JC is not, in my opinion as good as LG, it's the same sort of nonsense along the lines of the "too small to play up front" narrative..you need to get players that can max their goal scoring ability...and not search for big lumps that may get on the end of a ball into the box.

I’m happy with Kamberri and McLaren.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    And The Rangers tactics are? Whilst JC is not, in my opinion as good as LG, it's the same sort of nonsense along the lines of the "too small to play up front" narrative..you need to get players that can max their goal scoring ability...and not search for big lumps that may get on the end of a ball into the box.
    I’m not really interested in Rangers tactics, and it’s nothing to do with height etc
    Listen to the podcast and what they are saying, then comeback and post on the thread. Discussion starts around 6mins in
    Lennon said the same thing about Simon Murray, as they are saying about JC, and he’s no longer at Hibs
    I’m only posting what was said!
    Last edited by Billy Whizz; 23-04-2018 at 07:42 PM.

I’m not really interested in Rangers tactics, and it’s nothing to do with height etc
    Listen to the podcast and what they are saying, then comeback and post on the thread
    No offence meant..and I will listen later. Generally I think that real goalscorers get a hard time about not fitting in and football by numbers, Caveman style, untimately has it's limitations 🙂

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    As daft as it sounds, being a goalscorer is not the be all of a centre forward. We got rid of our two top scorers in January, and brought in two different types of centre forwards.

We now have centre forwards who might not have scored as many goals as Stokes and Murray, but they contribute to the team scoring more goals and more important in my opinion, creating more chances.

Obviously signing Allan has helped too, but sometimes its better to sacrifice one thing for the greater good of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    Holly fffff how long does that website take to load with all the ads !!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    As daft as it sounds, being a goalscorer is not the be all of a centre forward. We got rid of our two top scorers in January, and brought in two different types of centre forwards.

We now have centre forwards who might not have scored as many goals as Stokes and Murray, but they contribute to the team scoring more goals and more important in my opinion, creating more chances.

Obviously signing Allan has helped too, but sometimes its better to sacrifice one thing for the greater good of the team.
    I agree their overall contribution to the team scoring is probably greater. I'd also say the only reason they've not scored as many as Stokes and Murray is because they've not played as many games. Stokes scored 7 goals in 18 league games this season, Murray 6 in 22. Kamberi has 6 in 10 and Maclaren 4 in 11.

Haven't included the league cup goals though admittedly Murray did well getting 8 goals but they were all against lower league opposition. Haven't factored in actual minutes on the pitch but would expect it would show Maclaren's contribution even more favourably in comparison.
    Last edited by 007; 23-04-2018 at 09:25 PM.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post
    ... about 2 secs with an ad blocker

Listen to the podcast and what they are saying, then comeback and post on the thread. Discussion starts around 6mins in
    Lennon said the same thing about Simon Murray, as they are saying about JC, and he’s no longer at Hibs
    To be fair Billy Dodds didn’t have a clue. He said Cummings was an excellent hold up player who drifted into wide areas and should be told to stay between the lines of the box. I don’t think they were saying he didn’t do as he was told, but more ‘here’s what he should be advised to do’... The way rangers normally play is with the three attackers inter changing. JC is best in the box but he’s not a hold up player and needs someone alongside him.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post
    I hate the “user experience” these days - which ad blocked for the iPhones ?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member
    Loved his time with us but I wouldn't have him over Kamberi or McLaren.

Cummings going on loan to Peterborough.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...-1-4768659/amp

Owner says deal is until (non-existent date of) 31st June 2019. Can't decide whether that means it is invalid or they'll be stuck with him indefinitely.

https://twitter.com/DMAC102/status/1...857565184?s=19

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Good luck to him. He signed an extension helped us get promoted, played a huge part in us winning the cup and got us a decent transfer fee. All that after signing for us after telling that mob to beat it. If that doesn’t make him a hibs legend I don’t know what does.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Hibs legend without question and also no question he left too early.