hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team v Killie

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes they were both brilliant when they came on. No way IMO Swanson should be dropped irrespective how good Scott Allan is.

Lennon mentioned post match that he was impressed with Swanson and his work/attitude, he'll want more of the same against a gritty Killie side.

If Daz is fit, he has to start as a natural CB, someone mentioned in another thread that Dylan will be fine for saturday, Lennon has his work cut out for himself as Slivka's cameo will also be in his thinking, pity we can't play 5 in the midfield

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Lennon mentioned post match that he was impressed with Swanson and his work/attitude, he'll want more of the same against a gritty Killie side.

If Daz is fit, he has to start as a natural CB, someone mentioned in another thread that Dylan will be fine for saturday, Lennon has his work cut out for himself as Slivka's cameo will also be in his thinking, pity we can't play 5 in the midfield
    Agree the bit about a gritty Killie side aWe didn't handle them at all last game down there once they got to grips with our formation and some players didn't fancy getting stuck in
    They will still want to try and catch us so will need to look to win it which may suit us
    But for me Swanson showed a level of commitment that shows he will bust a gut for us and he showed guile with it
    I think he has to start and he can play his way into being a key first Team Player next Season He tired as he hasn't had a lot of game time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    If Jones is fit for Killie, we need to play a right back, ripped Efe to pieces in the last game
    Last edited by Billy Whizz; 24-04-2018 at 05:58 PM.

As good as Swanson was on Saturday we know what we get with Allan and I’m inclined to go with what we know in the split.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    Would be harsh to drop Swanson. Had arguably his best game in a Hibs top last week so should keep his place. He deserves a chance.
    Allan is a better player and this is an important game. Allan plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Allan is a better player and this is an important game. Allan plays.

Tend to agree. Really pleased that Swanson got his chance and played an important part in a big result for us (I've been in the 'Danny has something to offer us' camp from the start).. but now isn't the time for sentiment.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Tend to agree. Really pleased that Swanson got his chance and played an important part in a big result for us (I've been in the 'Danny has something to offer us' camp from the start).. but now isn't the time for sentiment.
    Don't think anyone is arguing Danny should start for the sake of sentiment - it's down to the fact that he was absolutely superb against the best team in the country by a mile.

Of course there is an argument for Allan coming in - but NL has a big decision to make, as it will be incredibly harsh to drop anyone. He obviously doesn't shirk these decisions though.