hibs.net Messageboard

Avengers: Infinity War

Film is finally out this week. Anyone else excited about seeing it?

Going on Friday after work, taking my son although I think I’m more excited than him. Just the standard 2D screening although if it’s good might also go to a 3D showing.

I’m also interested how much of Edinburgh is going to be in it. I went to Waverly when they were making it and the fake little newsagent they had in it seemed to be foreign. So while there was elements filmed in Edinburgh it might not be set here.

Can’t wait!!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I'm non plussed about the Avengers now.

Too many characters in the films and too much crash, bang, wallop instead of a decent plot.

Of course, I'll go to see it.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Can't wait,like a child before christmas 😁. I think marvel could show me a jobby and id still love it.(apart from inhumans that was awful.)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Finally got around to seeing Spiderman Homecoming yesterday, and we're off to see Black Panther tonight - I can't say I'm excited about Avengers Infinity War (the films have become quite formulaic), but I will probably watch it at some point.

Review embargo lifted tomorrow.

Here we go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Film is finally out this week. Anyone else excited about seeing it?

Going on Friday after work, taking my son although I think I’m more excited than him. Just the standard 2D screening although if it’s good might also go to a 3D showing.

I’m also interested how much of Edinburgh is going to be in it. I went to Waverly when they were making it and the fake little newsagent they had in it seemed to be foreign. So while there was elements filmed in Edinburgh it might not be set here.

Can’t wait!!!!
    I read a review the other day and it said that our dear city is recognisable in around 10 minutes worth of on-screen footage. Not really my thing normally, but I may be swayed as I do enjoy seeing anything set in Edinburgh.

Saw it last night. Its not perfect (won’t say why as to avoid spoilers!) but I really enjoyed it!

Just been with junior this afternoon. Eye popping visually but basically empty. Shocking, unbelievable finale.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    We saw it tonight, my son was devastated at the ending. I’m still not sure I understood it

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Just been with junior this afternoon. Eye popping visually but basically empty. Shocking, unbelievable finale.
    Is it not only Part 1? Pretty sure they are filming IW Part 2 right now.

I'm not a big fan of the Avengers movies but I really enjoyed it. It's quite funny (Guardians of the Galaxy are awesome) with quite a dark ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Is it not only Part 1? Pretty sure they are filming IW Part 2 right now.
    It started out being titled part 1 but they changed that. Next one is yet to be titled but is largely in the can I think.

Have to say it’s a bit disingenuous on the part of the filmmakers as it very obviously is one story. They claimed that this one was self contained when they changed the title and that’s blatantly not the case.

Even fairly young kids are gonna understand the broad strokes of what’s coming next if they paid attention to the plot.

I enjoyed it. Some great pair ups and Rocket, Thor and Spidey brought plenty of laughs

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    We saw it tonight, my son was devastated at the ending. I’m still not sure I understood it
    Went to see it with my youngest today and I am the same.
    Not really sure what happened at the ending. Don't want to say anything more as do t want to spoil it for anyone.
    My boy didn't say a word coming home in the car.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    really enjoyed it, hell of a lot of characters to give screen time to and I thought it was handled really well....at what point can we discuss spoilers