hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am looking to come up from Carlisle with my 6 year old son next season, and even though I will not be able to bring him every home game, I would like him to support a club like Hibs, rather than going to see Carlisle, Annan, Rangers, Celtic...

I have always had a soft spot for Hibs, even though I am originally from Southampton, and a Southampton fan. It is not realistic to try and get him to support Southampton, as that would not be fair on the boy. Not because we are completely rubbish at the moment, but because of the distance.

I was was wondering if there is a membership option for myself and him, or a season ticket would be the only way? I have registered for tickets, but I was wondering what the chances are of getting hold of tickets for around half of the home games, on a Saturday.

I hope that you will welcome a 40 something southern to Easter Road, and you might just get yourself a passionate young supporter for the future.

Cheers
    Not really relevant to your question but out of curiosity why don’t you want him supporting Carlisle?

Don’t know the first thing about them so I can only assume it’s because that hearts ******* Danny Grainger plays for them?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Same but unless it is incentivised I don’t think many will unfortunately.
    I just don't really get this...the incentive is more money for hibs, which will lead to a better team/quality of entertainment, which makes the season ticket better value for money.
    Another is more backing for the team from the stands, helping players perform and thus helping results
    Good enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    I just don't really get this...the incentive is more money for hibs, which will lead to a better team/quality of entertainment, which makes the season ticket better value for money.
    Another is more backing for the team from the stands, helping players perform and thus helping results
    Good enough for me
    I’m probably one of the culprits of this tbf.

My boy has a season ticket as the seat beside me became free and it doesn’t cost much to add him to my direct debit. I’m really busy at work though and more often than not when I do have time to call the ticket office to tell them it’ll be free to be re sold I simply can’t be bothered or I forget.

It’s also handy to have available in case I get a last minute change of heart and decide to take him or if I get a late call from a mate looking for a ticket.

If there was an incentive for me and/or it was a quick online process to release his ticket I probably would, if there’s not I won’t.

Realise that’s not Uber fan material however I don’t think my situation is unique and is probably the case for a lot of fans.

I honestly can’t comprehend how far we as a club have come in recent years with the fact that our 20,000 seater stadium is almost getting too small to accommodate both season ticket holders and away fans.

Stubbs, Lennon and Dempster have sent us down the path of reaching our own potential. Honestly, I don’t have enough praise or thanks I can offer them.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    I think the incentive for releasing a ticket should be a £5 voucher for the club store.
    Win win situation
    Club resells a ticket at full price whilst also gets more fans into the club store.
    Person releasing the ticket gets £5 off some goodies whilst also spending more meaning more goes back into the club 😁👌🏼

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’m probably one of the culprits of this tbf.

My boy has a season ticket as the seat beside me became free and it doesn’t cost much to add him to my direct debit. I’m really busy at work though and more often than not when I do have time to call the ticket office to tell them it’ll be free to be re sold I simply can’t be bothered or I forget.

It’s also handy to have available in case I get a last minute change of heart and decide to take him or if I get a late call from a mate looking for a ticket.

If there was an incentive for me and/or it was a quick online process to release his ticket I probably would, if there’s not I won’t.

Realise that’s not Uber fan material however I don’t think my situation is unique and is probably the case for a lot of fans.
    I see your point, and I agree with you 100% on the "it needs to be easy to do" point. I just don't think hibs should be giving out incentives.

Hopefully they can introduce a simpler system, maybe even just a number that you can text with a seat number and they recognise the number used to send the text from their database?

I see your point, and I agree with you 100% on the "it needs to be easy to do" point. I just don't think hibs should be giving out incentives.

Hopefully they can introduce a simpler system, maybe even just a number that you can text with a seat number and they recognise the number used to send the text from their database?
    Incentives would make folk much more likely to release their seat and would end up making Hibs much more cash.

Must have been about 4-500 missing yesterday based on the official attendance. If those 4-500 each got a 10er and those seats were resold Hibs would be making £18 on each seat that has already been paid for.

That’s back of the fag packet maths but I’m unlikely to release my ticket on the off chance one of my non ST pals fancies it on the day and I imagine others are the same. I’d probably take the 10er, even if in club shop vouchers, just to get something back from the £20 (effectively the cost per game) I’m missing out on.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Like the idea of your 2nd point
    Maybe you should send an email to LD. Anything that makes it easier to release a seat is worth doing

Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    I think the incentive for releasing a ticket should be a £5 voucher for the club store.
    Win win situation
    Club resells a ticket at full price whilst also gets more fans into the club store.
    Person releasing the ticket gets £5 off some goodies whilst also spending more meaning more goes back into the club 😁👌🏼
    Problem with that idea is that it costs about £60 for a kids season ticket, to get paid £5 for releasing it would mean there’s potential to make back about £90 (give or take) off a £60 purchase. No question that’s be abused imo.

I’m nit picking though and there’d be obvious ways of closing those loopholes, wouldn’t be as simple as just offering a fiver per ticket returned though.

Problem with that idea is that it costs about £60 for a kids season ticket, to get paid £5 for releasing it would mean there’s potential to make back about £90 (give or take) off a £60 purchase. No question that’s be abused imo.

I’m nit picking though and there’d be obvious ways of closing those loopholes, wouldn’t be as simple as just offering a fiver per ticket returned though.
    Bingo, where can you get a kids ticket for £60?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    West upper I think it costs about that?

I just add it to my monthly direct debit and it costs about £5 odd a month over 11 months. Don’t really pay attention to the final total.

Might be slightly more than that but that’s the ball park figure.

It's £75 for an early bird season ticket in the East, West and Famous Five upper for children aged between 2-11 for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    It's £75 for an early bird season ticket in the East, West and Famous Five upper for children aged between 2-11 for next season.
    Cheers, shows how much i pay attention.

Over a 11 or 12 month payment plan not much difference though.

Cheers, shows how much i pay attention.

Over a 11 or 12 month payment plan not much difference though.
    Too much money Bingo

Too much money Bingo
    Chance would be a fine thing!

In all seriousness though when the stadium is full, like it is these days, it probably seems kids season tickets are too cheap but what a great way to grow the next generation of hibs supporters.

It’s a bit of a long term strategy but if the club continues to grow at the rate it currently is there could be some very exciting times ahead.

Chance would be a fine thing!

In all seriousness though when the stadium is full, like it is these days, it probably seems kids season tickets are too cheap but what a great way to grow the next generation of hibs supporters.

It’s a bit of a long term strategy but if the club continues to grow at the rate it currently is there could be some very exciting times ahead.
    I’m all for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this rate we'll have 14-15k season ticket holders! Unbelievable stuff

ericb ericb
    Posted 3 minutes ago
    Wee team sold 10k according to Leanne on Twitter, I wonder how much we are at? Half that?

Poor lads confused.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    ericb ericb
    Posted 3 minutes ago
    Wee team sold 10k according to Leanne on Twitter, I wonder how much we are at? Half that?

Poor lads confused.
    We’ll have an idea on Wednesday as that’s when existing season ticket holders who have not bought again have their seats released.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    We’ll have an idea on Wednesday as that’s when existing season ticket holders who have not bought again have their seats released.

Are you sure it’s Wednesday?
    I though it was 1st June?

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesim View Post
    I am looking to come up from Carlisle with my 6 year old son next season, and even though I will not be able to bring him every home game, I would like him to support a club like Hibs, rather than going to see Carlisle, Annan, Rangers, Celtic...

I have always had a soft spot for Hibs, even though I am originally from Southampton, and a Southampton fan. It is not realistic to try and get him to support Southampton, as that would not be fair on the boy. Not because we are completely rubbish at the moment, but because of the distance.

I was was wondering if there is a membership option for myself and him, or a season ticket would be the only way? I have registered for tickets, but I was wondering what the chances are of getting hold of tickets for around half of the home games, on a Saturday.

I hope that you will welcome a 40 something southern to Easter Road, and you might just get yourself a passionate young supporter for the future.

Cheers
    If you are on the ball and buy early, you will be able to get tickets for most games, except maybe the derby, particularly if you don't mind sitting in the South. I only get up to ER 3 or 4 times a year because of distance and work commitments and as long as you buy tickets as soon as they become available you can generally get your hands on them. As others have said, joining Hibs Kids is a great deal for your lad.

It quite fun to go to the odd away game too. My Daughter lives in Dundee, so generally try to get to one of the away days at Dens park too..again have never found tickets too hard to get for matches like that.

If only Mathew Le Tiss had been a Hibby....he could have been a legend !
    Last edited by worcesterhibby; 27-04-2018 at 03:11 PM.

He's talking about Hertz ST holders have up to 2 May to renew
    What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    He's talking about Hertz ST holders have up to 2 May to renew
    Ok, but thought it was a thread about Hibs season tickets

I meant the yams. I’m sure they are Wednesday.

Ok, but thought it was a thread about Hibs season tickets
    Pack Luna took us off topic.