hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar

Season Ticket 2018/19 Dot Count

I know that supporters have until 1st June to renew before their seats will be released, but IMHO very few will become available. Current availability is,

West: Sect 1 - 169, sect 2 - 57, sect 9 - 106, sect 10 - 40 Total = 426
    South: sect 18 - 1, sect 20 - 3, sect 21 - 6, sect 22 - 5, sect 24 - 3, sect 25 - 7 Total = 25
    East: sect 37 - 13, sect 38 - 33, sect 43 - 1, sect 44 - 14, sect 45 - 216, Total =277
    Grand Total Available = 728

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know that supporters have until 1st June to renew before their seats will be released, but IMHO very few will become available. Current availability is,

South: sect 18 - 1, sect 20 - 3, sect 21 - 6, sect 22 - 5, sect 24 - 3, sect 25 - 7 Total = 25
    East: sect 37 - 13, sect 38 - 33, sect 43 - 1, sect 44 - 14, sect 45 - 216, Total =277

Not good enough. PETRIE!!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

I don't quite understand, are you saying there are 728 ST holders still to renew? There will be far more than 728 seats available to buy if you want a new ST.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    I don't quite understand, are you saying there are 728 ST holders still to renew? There will be far more than 728 seats available to buy if you want a new ST.
    Think that's the number that are available to buy for new ST holders just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    That's all that are available just now as current season ticket holders' seats are unavailable until 1st June.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    Think that's the number that are available to buy for new ST holders just now.
    That's correct there are 728 seats available just now. More will become available when non renewals are released on 1st June but I honestly don't think that many people will not renew.

@hibs.net private member
    When will the CAT B season tickets be announced?

A - June 2nd - 9th
    B - June 10th - 20th
    C - June 21st - 30th
    D - July

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    When will the CAT B season tickets be announced?

A - June 2nd - 9th
    B - June 10th - 20th
    C - June 21st - 30th
    D - July
    I was just going to ask this.

The Category B season ticket should be for every game except the derby as we should be cutting the Celtic and Rangers allocations next season.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I was just going to ask this.

The Category B season ticket should be for every game except the derby as we should be cutting the Celtic and Rangers allocations next season.
    We’ll need to find somewhere to put them, to give them the option of buying tickets for the Hearts matches

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    We’ll need to find somewhere to put them, to give them the option of buying tickets for the Hearts matches
    Why?

Rangers and Celtic have season ticket holders who don't get access to Old Firm games due to the increased allocation they give each other. I'm sure Hearts do likewise in the Roseburn, or at least they used to.

The category B season ticket would be cheaper which would reflect the fact that it doesn't include the derby and I would also make it so category B season ticket holders get first refusal on any category A season ticket holder's seat if they make it available for the Hearts games under the new ticket exchange scheme.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    That's correct there are 728 seats available just now. More will become available when non renewals are released on 1st June but I honestly don't think that many people will not renew.
    I still don't see how that can be right, is every seat in the stadium available to be sold as a ST if the need arises?

Why?

Rangers and Celtic have season ticket holders who don't get access to Old Firm games due to the increased allocation they give each other. I'm sure Hearts do likewise in the Roseburn, or at least they used to.

The category B season ticket would be cheaper which would reflect the fact that it doesn't include the derby and I would also make it so category B season ticket holders get first refusal on any category A season ticket holder's seat if they make it available for the Hearts games under the new ticket exchange scheme.

Problem you've got is that home games vs Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts and The Rangers are all classed as Category A games. We've done this before with season tickets under Mowbray I think.
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 22-04-2018 at 06:05 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Not if it’s a “Category B” ticket

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Problem you've got is that home games vs Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts and The Rangers are all classed as Category B games. We've done this before with season tickets under Mowbray I think.
    They no Category A games??

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    They no Category A games??

Yeah, oops typo. Edited

Why?

A wee bit contradicting yourself
    A Category B season ticket holder should get 1st option on Cat a matches, ahead of walk ups

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Problem you've got is that home games vs Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts and The Rangers are all classed as Category B games. We've done this before with season tickets under Mowbray I think.
    Do you mean category A?

If so there's a difference between a fixture being given category A status by the police in terms of security and Hibs providing a category A/B season ticket. Aberdeen is a category A fixture but I'm sure we split the south stand for the 2-0 win in February.

The season ticket could be called anything. I just think there should be season tickets sold in the south stand which could be used for every match except Hearts due to the fact that they'll get the full stand in return for us getting the full Roseburn at Tynecastle.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    A Category B season ticket holder should get 1st option on Cat a matches, ahead of walk ups
    They would get priority but they wouldn’t be guaranteed a ticket if Cat B season tickets sold > Tickets available for a Cat A game.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    They would get priority but they wouldn’t be guaranteed a ticket if Cat B season tickets sold > Tickets available for a Cat A game.
    I agree, but looking at the amount of empty seats we have in the ground on match days, I would hope non attending fans would release their seat for them

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your point but if I am then of course category B season ticket holders would get priority to buy tickets for Hearts games before walk ups.

Just like at away games, season ticket holders are given priority to buy tickets before it goes to a general sale.

If any category A season ticket holder can't make a derby and decides to sell their seat back to Hibs then it would be put on sale to a category B season ticket holder to buy for a certain period before going on general sale.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    I agree, but looking at the amount of empty seats we have in the ground on match days, I would hope non attending fans would release their seat for them
    Same but unless it is incentivised I don’t think many will unfortunately.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your point but if I am then of course category B season ticket holders would get priority to buy tickets for Hearts games before walk ups.

Just like at away games, season ticket holders are given priority to buy tickets before it goes to a general sale.

If any category A season ticket holder can't make a derby and decides to sell their seat back to Hibs then it would be put on sale to a category B season ticket holder to buy for a certain period before going on general sale.
    That was my point, no worries

That was my point, no worries
    Ahh ok cool I wondered if we might be talking about the same thing.

I think it's worth exploring. It's a nice problem to have and definitely worth striking while the iron's hot.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Same but unless it is incentivised I don’t think many will unfortunately.
    A £5 discount of the next seasons season ticket would be a decent incentive for any return which is sold for full price.
    Will mean Hibs make money selling the ticket at the time and the person handing back their ticket is incentivised to buy a season ticket again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member

I'm not sure that will happen to be honest. I'm sure Cat B season ticket holders will get priority for any seats that aren't ST seats but for released ST seats, which are likely to happen in dribs and drabs, I'd imagine it would be a free for all.

Ahh ok cool I wondered if we might be talking about the same thing.

I think it's worth exploring. It's a nice problem to have and definitely worth striking while the iron's hot.
    It is, but think the club will want to continue selling full price tickets in the 3 main stands for a bit though

I am looking to come up from Carlisle with my 6 year old son next season, and even though I will not be able to bring him every home game, I would like him to support a club like Hibs, rather than going to see Carlisle, Annan, Rangers, Celtic...

I have always had a soft spot for Hibs, even though I am originally from Southampton, and a Southampton fan. It is not realistic to try and get him to support Southampton, as that would not be fair on the boy. Not because we are completely rubbish at the moment, but because of the distance.

I was was wondering if there is a membership option for myself and him, or a season ticket would be the only way? I have registered for tickets, but I was wondering what the chances are of getting hold of tickets for around half of the home games, on a Saturday.

I hope that you will welcome a 40 something southern to Easter Road, and you might just get yourself a passionate young supporter for the future.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesim View Post
    I am looking to come up from Carlisle with my 6 year old son next season, and even though I will not be able to bring him every home game, I would like him to support a club like Hibs, rather than going to see Carlisle, Annan, Rangers, Celtic...

I have always had a soft spot for Hibs, even though I am originally from Southampton, and a Southampton fan. It is not realistic to try and get him to support Southampton, as that would not be fair on the boy. Not because we are completely rubbish at the moment, but because of the distance.

I was was wondering if there is a membership option for myself and him, or a season ticket would be the only way? I have registered for tickets, but I was wondering what the chances are of getting hold of tickets for around half of the home games, on a Saturday.

I hope that you will welcome a 40 something southern to Easter Road, and you might just get yourself a passionate young supporter for the future.

Cheers
    Welcome.

Next season, I would say the only way you would be able to guarantee getting to games is with a season ticket although if you bought early enough for individual games, you would probably be able to get to most games outside of Hearts, Rangers and Celtic.

There is the Hibs Kids initiative which costs £15 and gets you into 4 home matches each season plus other benefits.

http://generationhibs.co.uk/hibs-kids/

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cheers
    Everyone is welcome at ER

I honestly don't think there is a more inclusive club in the country.

Our Hibs Kids (which you should join your boy into) and Kicks for Kids which provides free tickets for all sorts of community groups is testimony to that.

Welcome to the Hibs family to you and your son

Cheers
    Welcome to the forum. If you have a client reference number already then you're eligible to buy tickets for most games, I think for games v Hearts, Rangers and Celtic you need a purchase history of some sort but that will be easy because you'll have bought tickets previously for games like Hamilton or Patrick etc if you're serious about supporting Hibs. You'll be able to buy more than one ticket with you're reference number through the E Tickets website and they usually go on sale weeks, if not months in advance, just watch out for fixture changes due to tv broadcasters. This tends to happen for the big games v the OF and Hearts.