hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You’ve gotta be female! Pretending to listen & never hearing a word said! He had 2 good attacking years, 1 cup win 1 final defeat, the other 8 years were absolute total dire defensive 11 players back at corners don’t concede crap culminating in the worst derby record for a manager ever! Is that REALLY hard to understand? Plus he played hamilton for 8 years! Gie me peace!
    See in the morning when you've calmed down/sobered up. Come back and explain how my post gets you so wound up. BTW loving the sexism, I must be a woman because I don't understand football. Superb.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Couldn't believe it when Hearts were wasting time after only 30 minutes when it was 0-0. Obviously a favourite result of Potters and would have been the 7th he had achieved since he got that other waste of space so called manager Cathro his P45.

So glad not to be a Jambo.
    Shows how poor Sevco are that Hearts waited until 30 minutes to start the time wasting.
    They were at it from the first minute against us ;)

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    So, outward fi here’s fine, but incomings punted! I see! Just as well I stayed sober & calm tae realise that! Always the morn, eh?

The real fun will start when he is fired or resigns and he just heads up stairs and the puppet strings come out again, cannae wait!

puppet-master.jpg

Short memories. During the Admin adventure they were full of "we don't care if we're in the bottom division, we just want our club to survive". Lovin' it!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Joint with who
    Dundee i think?

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    The absolutely wonderful thing about them having Craig L as manager is that he isn't absolutely terrible. With Cathro, it was always going to end in him being sacked, particularly because of their record at home. However Levein is quite capable of winning half their home games, drawing another quarter of them and only losing to Celtic, Aberdeen and ourselves. That will keep him in a job almost indefinately. They will be 5th, 6th or 7th for as long as they retain him as manager and they will regularly get beaten by us.

Budge has no clue about football and relies on him, she won't sack him unless they end a season in the bottom 4. I can't see that happening. They play terrible, boring, eye bleeding hoofball, but he knows enough about setting up defensive sides to ensure they never come below 7th place in the league, if they make some decent signings they could even come 5th, but I just can't see how they will come above Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen or ourselves.

In many ways that is a bit like Hibs in the Alex Miller era..safe-ish from relegation, but no chance of real consistency, flowing football or a top three place. Personally I would take Miller as manager over CL every day of the week and I would take Keith, Mickey Weir, Crunchie, Kevin Harper, Micheal O'Neil and Pat McGinley over the rubbish they have at Tinpotcastle at the moment...but I do understand the comparison.

Cathro was hilarious and really set Hearts backwards, but levein is in many ways more dangerous as their decline will be slow and boring, rather than hugely amusing and catastrophic. Their season ticket sales will go down by between 5-10% every season that he is there. Their Direct debt scheme will also be effected. It will take 3-4 more years for this to finally tip Budge over the edge..that is the beauty of it.

He seems very old-fashioned somehow.
    Not that I'm complaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This thread could have been summed up a lot sooner if someone had just said that Craig Levein is Alex Miller without the medals.
    Or to put it another way - Alex Miller is Craig Levein with a medal collection and a packet of imodium.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    See in the morning when you've calmed down/sobered up. Come back and explain how my post gets you so wound up. BTW loving the sexism, I must be a woman because I don't understand football. Superb.
    That was a completely random and bizarre response to your post.

Miller has a better managerial record than Levein. He won a cup, lost a final and managed third place, with a few decent European results. The team played some excellent football under him. His derby record was appalling, no denying that. He steered Hibs through a challenging time and it was telling that we were relegated the season after he left.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    The yams problems away from come from the fact that they play on a three quarter size pitch at home and build and set up their team accordingly but when they play away from home on full size pitches they struggle to adapt.
    They are also mince.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You would think the extra space would help them increase the artillery like trajectory of their passes up to Lafferty from defense.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I could not believe Leveines tactics yesterday. Playing against a poor The Rangers team lacking in confidence many playing together as a team for the first time he chose to sit back and let The Rangers come at them giving them too much respect losing the initiative.He should have played a high pressing game from the start on the front foot forcing their dodgy defence into mistakes turning their already protesting fans even more against them.Hearts look like a team very afraid and very disappointing they only seemed to realise that The Rangers were there for the taking with ten minutes to go but by then the damage was already done.

Cheer up Craig Levein........!

Just had a look on Keekback for fun. If our Manager had this philosophy I would be raging. Long may he stay.

WE FRUSTRATED RANGERS, THAT WAS THE PLAN"

Direct quote from Levein which sums up his football philosophy I am afraid.

Its going to be tough for us to get 3 points at the Rust Arena .... on that rutted postage stamp pitch playing a team with 10 men behind the ball our ability to play quick passing football with pace and width is not so much of an advantage. Having said that we will have Scott Allan available who can see a pass and also Barker who was impressive when he came on against Celtic and looked well up for it .... his dribbling ability could be just what we need, even if its as a sub in the last half hour.

Levin is not going to do anything different coz its not in his nature, he will look on a 0 - 0 draw putting a spoke in our wheel in the chase for 2nd as a feather in his cap ..... he could care less if the side effect is to bore everybody watching to death.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre Hibee View Post
    Just had a look on Keekback for fun. If our Manager had this philosophy I would be raging. Long may he stay.

WE FRUSTRATED RANGERS, THAT WAS THE PLAN"

Direct quote from Levein which sums up his football philosophy I am afraid.

Here’s another beauty, quoted by AllisBarry today:

“I think, if we’d played better, we had a chance of winning the game.”

Wow, Levein, do you think??

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Joint with who
    Joint with Dens Park which is surprising given the room they have to make the pitch a bit bigger. Pittodrie is the next smallest as well as having the worst surface, but at least Aberdeen have plans in place to move. (McCinnes hates their pitch). I suspect Levein is quite happy that Hearts have a very small pitch as it makes it easier to adopt spoiling tactics and make each game in to a bit of a battle. According to the rules Tynecastle should never be able to hold an international game as the minimum pitch size is 110yds x 70yds (Tynecastle is 109.36 x 69.99). Not sure on rules for Eufa club games but think it's the same.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Its going to be tough for us to get 3 points at the Rust Arena .... on that rutted postage stamp pitch playing a team with 10 men behind the ball our ability to play quick passing football with pace and width is not so much of an advantage. Having said that we will have Scott Allan available who can see a pass and also Barker who was impressive when he came on against Celtic and looked well up for it .... his dribbling ability could be just what we need, even if its as a sub in the last half hour.

Levin is not going to do anything different coz its not in his nature, he will look on a 0 - 0 draw putting a spoke in our wheel in the chase for 2nd as a feather in his cap ..... he could care less if the side effect is to bore everybody watching to death.
    They will be creating the ruts as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

So he wrote Cathro's script as well as picked his pkayers.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

Miller has a better managerial record than Levein. He won a cup, lost a final and managed third place, with a few decent European results. The team played some excellent football under him. His derby record was appalling, no denying that. He steered Hibs through a challenging time and it was telling that we were relegated the season after he left.
    . I'm no cheerleader for Lexo but Leveins team from that era would all get blinded by the glare from his trophy cabinet.... I may have misjudged the poster though. That last one was more blank prose than anything James Joce did in Ullyses and I couldn't understand a page of that book. My fault clearly.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Alex Miller’s time at Hibs always provokes a range of differing opinion, but one thing that is not up for debate is that Alex capable of putting on a jersey the right way round.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

He was coming out with the same pish after we humped them, he’s basically saying that he’s a master tactician and it’s the players fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Alex Miller’s time at Hibs always provokes a range of differing opinion, but one thing that is not up for debate is that Alex capable of putting on a jersey the right way round.

Rip mini me

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    You would think the extra space would help them increase the artillery like trajectory of their passes up to Lafferty from defense.
    It's the same as the difference between North American and European Ice Hockey. The North American rink is smaller so it's more physical and about "the hits". European rinks are larger so the skill is more important than the physical side of the game 🙂

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar

Sorry but that’s drivel! Lies damn lies & statistics! I was at virtually EVERY game pre season Euro league during you revisionists dream time, & having watched Hibs before, Bertie Auld etc, I can tell you cos I was there, yer beloved “lexo” got mair “boos”, & those days we still had a fair amount who had seen real 70s back to 50s proper fitba. Listen to this, & I’m no making it up, if you watched Hibs while Alex Miller was boss, your residing memory of his 10 years will be the Hibs support booing another defensive boring negative display, when it looked like we had players who could do so much more. 7 out of 10 years, & the worst derby record ever! Boos cos it was negative! Who in their right mind as a Hibby would be happy wi that?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Sorry but that’s drivel! Lies damn lies & statistics! I was at virtually EVERY game pre season Euro league during you revisionists dream time, & having watched Hibs before, Bertie Auld etc, I can tell you cos I was there, yer beloved “lexo” got mair “boos”, & those days we still had a fair amount who had seen real 70s back to 50s proper fitba. Listen to this, & I’m no making it up, if you watched Hibs while Alex Miller was boss, your residing memory of his 10 years will be the Hibs support booing another defensive boring negative display, when it looked like we had players who could do so much more. 7 out of 10 years, & the worst derby record ever! Boos cos it was negative! Who in their right mind as a Hibby would be happy wi that?
    Are you always angry?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Are you always angry?
    No Hibby is angry just now...

My old man remembers us playing for draws at Starks park under Miller. Miller and Leveins away philosophy is very similar.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    I’m older than you and I’ve been watching Hibs since 1971, and yes facts are facts. What an arrogant way to engage in discussion. You need to take a chill pill. No matter how angry you are, doesn’t make you right, lol.

Miller inherited a total mess. The club was nearly on it’s knees when he came or have you forgotten the relegation battles with the likes of Dumbarton and the dire football under Blackley that preceded him? He took us into a safe place first couple of seasons. Helped navigate the disaster of Duff-Gray and soon after won the first silverware for nearly 20 years. The team reached another final, finished third, won European matches and when he left we dropped like a stone into the second tier.

We could have normal discussion about his failings, there were some or you can just carry on over stimulating yourself?
    Last edited by superfurryhibby; 24-04-2018 at 08:31 AM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I’m older than you and I’ve been watching Hibs since 1971, and yes facts are facts. What an arrogant way to engage in discussion. You need to take a chill pill. No matter how angry you are, doesn’t make you right, lol.

Miller inherited a total mess. The club was nearly on it’s knees when he came or have you forgotten the relegation battles with the likes of Dumbarton and the dire football under Blackley that preceded him? He took us into a safe place first couple of seasons. Helped navigate the disaster of Duff-Gray and soon after won the first silverware for nearly 20 years. The team reached another final, finished third, won European matches and when he left we dropped like a stone into the second tier.

We could have normal discussion about his failings, there were some or you can just carry on over stimulate yourself?
    I attended many of the games under Miller home and away and I agree with you. Considering the period he steered us through I just don't see him in a bad light . winning that cup at the end of it makes the gulf between him and Doctor football huge.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Millers main fault in my humble opinion is he should have done far better with the players he had. Obviously had a good eye for a player but his defensive outlook held them back. Frustrating because at times we were unplayable with players like Crunchie, O'Neil, Jackson, Wright and McGinley even Harper. Miller was far too reserved in his outlook.