hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spot on we have a far bigger 2D playing area but Potters Hoofball gives them one of the worlds largest 3D pitches
    They’ll get excited on Kickback if you suggest Levein’s bringing 3D footie to Tynie

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Picked this up from Keekback on their Celtic game thread from yesterday.
    The poster has even been praised for his spot on appraisal of their current situation in comparison to ours. Have to say - I agree!!

Some rather sad and pathetic posts on this thread tbh. Some Hearts fans still seem to think it's 2012. It's not.*
    "Love-in"? A love-in would've involved Hibs laying down for their hooped masters

*Instead, they played well and won the game. Like they've played well repeatedly against Celtic and Rangers all season long.
    I hate to break it to some folk, but Hibs aren't what, for so long, we thought of as "Hibs" any more. They got the monkey off their backs by winning the Scottish Cup. Then they came back up; now they're challenging for 2nd, as Lennon said they would; and we've won one game out of 11 against them. They're basically doing what we should be doing - and they're doing it by playing very good football, and despite Stokes having done his level best to **** them up mid-season.
    Hearts fans should be furious about this development. Good to see that many are. Sad to see some trying to explain it by thinking it must all be down to some incestuous relationship between them and Celtic. Bluntly, we're in no position to laugh at them until we get our own house in order. 16 points behind them on a slightly bigger budget is embarrassing. And no amount of comfort blankets about 5-1, 22 in a row or anything else will change that.
    Thats a good post actually. Spot on. Glad they're waking up.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Is that Potters excuse?
    Their pitch is not as small as I thought it was
    Tynie 100 x 64
    ER 105 x 68

There is however no height restriction wherever they play!

Ah bless.

The Tiny pitch is almost full sized.

Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    A Scottish cup winners medal too (i think) with St Mirren

Edit he left just before they won it
    Alex Smith was in charge when they won the cup but it was very much Lexo’s team.

Testimonial Due
    Is that Potters excuse?
    Tynie 100 x 64
    ER 105 x 68

It is the joint smallest in the league, and while maths is very far from my strong point, i make that it is 700 sq meters smaller, but i stand to be corrected on that?

Poor Alex.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This thread could have been summed up a lot sooner if someone had just said that Craig Levein is Alex Miller without the medals.
    Brilliant. That should stick. Miller without the medals.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    It is the joint smallest in the league, and while maths is very far from my strong point, i make that it is 700 sq meters smaller, but i stand to be corrected on that?
    Yeah, 740 sq m - roughly the size of a penalty box short of a full pitch. When 'throda was there they'd have got more draws if they'd played without goalposts, but they'd surely have got fewer wins without a penalty box, the diving *******.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Joint with who

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Yeah, 740 sq m - roughly the size of a penalty box short of a full pitch. When 'throda was there they'd have got more draws if they'd played without goalposts, but they'd surely have got fewer wins without a penalty box, the diving *******.
    Is that not about a third of an acre? Thats some area their defence doesnt have to cover and a hell of a lot of angles they dont have to deal with.

Joint with who
    Ross County’s pitch is quite small I think

@hibs.net private member
    I was surprised at that number - for context that's roughly three tennis courts or a whole 5 a side pitch smaller than ours.

Is that Potters excuse?
    Tynie 100 x 64
    ER 105 x 68

That’s 10% smaller. Quite a big difference in professional sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Is that Potters excuse?
    Tynie 100 x 64
    ER 105 x 68

Don't Hearts use imperial so it is 100 yards by 64 yards? Making it even smaller.

"The Levein" thread on Sickback is an absolute cracker and well worth a read..when the site is not in "lockdown"..

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Sticking up for Lexo, Levein would never have a team with McAllister, O'Neill, Wright, Evans, McGinlay et al. He has no idea how to play in the opposition half.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    Hearts fans turning against their manager?
    Soon to play Hibs?
    Ian Cathro scenario?
    Was gutted when Hearts put us out of the cup but the silver lining is that Levein is still in charge thanks to that match....and maybe their 4-0 win over Celtic. 2 good results in nearly 40 matches and one of them wasn't even a decent performance.

Not exactly the sort of inspirational stuff to make a season ticket holder want to renew. I'd recommend they don't bother, suspend their direct debits and take a year off. They deserve a break.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Was gutted when Hearts put us out of the cup but the silver lining is that Levein is still in charge thanks to that match....and maybe their 4-0 win over Celtic. 2 good results in nearly 40 matches and one of them wasn't even a decent performance.

Not exactly the sort of inspirational stuff to make a season ticket holder want to renew. I'd recommend they don't bother, suspend their direct debits and take a year off. They deserve a break.
    Nah!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Nah!

@hibs.net private member
    That thread is comedy gold: The infighting, the 61 year old who is proud to be potty mouthed, the hatred for each other and the calling each other liars has just made for an enjoyable hour's voyeurism.

Just watched sportscene. i think that twat Levein didn't want to beat The Rangers as it would benefit us. He just wanted a draw.

As the pundits said any team should have gone at rangers right from the kick off, especially after the week they have just had.
    Last edited by Not In The Know; 22-04-2018 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Just watched sportscene. i think that twat Levein didn't want to beat The Rangers as it would benefit us. He just wanted a draw.

As the pundits said any tram should have gone at rangers right from the kick off, especially after the week they have just had.
    I'd love somebody to have a go at the rangers with a tram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    I'd love somebody to have a go at the rangers with a tram

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Sticking up for Lexo, Levein would never have a team with McAllister, O'Neill, Wright, Evans, McGinlay et al. He has no idea how to play in the opposition half.
    Miller wouldnae have had a team like that if he hadnae thrown caution to the wind after the FTBs failed takeover season, then sold Paul Wright & 2 personality’s, funding above except average already there Evans, played 2 seasons gung ho attacking, 1 cup win 1 defeat, then totally totally needlessly reverted back to type ie playing not to lose rather than playing to win! Why? Ask HIM! When he went (2 from 10 yrs) attacking he was pretty decent at it. But the guy I hated did not give a flying 1 at getting beat in derbies, had our worst ever record in them, & aw you revisionists should just remember how he gave it “just another 2 points lost” keech for 22 games 5 3/4 years, & how much that hurt & how delighted I was when he was finally bulleted! Yes Mogadon, derbies DO **** matter!

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Booooooo! You've gone and changed it

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Miller wouldnae have had a team like that if he hadnae thrown caution to the wind after the FTBs failed takeover season, then sold Paul Wright & 2 personality’s, funding above except average already there Evans, played 2 seasons gung ho attacking, 1 cup win 1 defeat, then totally totally needlessly reverted back to type ie playing not to lose rather than playing to win! Why? Ask HIM! When he went (2 from 10 yrs) attacking he was pretty decent at it. But the guy I hated did not give a flying 1 at getting beat in derbies, had our worst ever record in them, & aw you revisionists should just remember how he gave it “just another 2 points lost” keech for 22 games 5 3/4 years, & how much that hurt & how delighted I was when he was finally bulleted! Yes Mogadon, derbies DO **** matter!
    Woah....I'd stay off the beers as that's a huge leap from my post to your rant. Who was revising anything? I put forward the suggestion that Levein would never play a team like that. Millar did so cannot be accused of permanent defence.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    What do you mean, you couldn’t believe it? Have you never watched a Hearts game before? It’s their standard tactic from the first minute on and only changes if they go a goal behind.

If they somehow manage to get a goal in front they take it to a whole new level!

The two most annoying things are giving away a free kick and then standing over the ball until the ref tells them to move (should be booked every time) and the other is some sort of ritual where two players have got to pretend to take a throw in before finally giving the ball to a third player who eventually takes it.

This has been going on for years.
    He's even got the ball boys holding the ball for as long as possible then they throw it away

Woah....I'd stay off the beers as that's a huge leap from my post to your rant. Who was revising anything? I put forward the suggestion that Levein would never play a team like that. Millar did so cannot be accused of permanent defence.
    Whoa! 2 years ootae ten no bein defensive & playing not to lose rather than win is drivel & should never have been allowed. Tae think some jokers claimed it was cos o his hun past! What utter tripe! Wether you were there or no is utterly irrelevant to me, I was there, & I listened to an alleged football man explain to me how it did not really matter if the Poppy thieves beat Hibs as long as we were safe in the league! You & mogadon can stick that & yer 5 & 3/4 years where the sun don’t shine. & you stay clear of the strong stuff cos it’s not conducive to you leaping anywhere at your age! GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Whoa! 2 years ootae ten no bein defensive & playing not to lose rather than win is drivel & should never have been allowed. Tae think some jokers claimed it was cos o his hun past! What utter tripe! Wether you were there or no is utterly irrelevant to me, I was there, & I listened to an alleged football man explain to me how it did not really matter if the Poppy thieves beat Hibs as long as we were safe in the league! You & mogadon can stick that & yer 5 & 3/4 years where the sun don’t shine. & you stay clear of the strong stuff cos it’s not conducive to you leaping anywhere at your age! GGTTH
    Again, thanks for inferring what I meant from my post and getting wound up about it but just for the record were you telling Millar to stick it where the Sun don't shine when we beat Dunfermline at Hampden?

Again, thanks for inferring what I meant from my post and getting wound up about it but just for the record were you telling Millar to stick it where the Sun don't shine when we beat Dunfermline at Hampden?
    You’ve gotta be female! Pretending to listen & never hearing a word said! He had 2 good attacking years, 1 cup win 1 final defeat, the other 8 years were absolute total dire defensive 11 players back at corners don’t concede crap culminating in the worst derby record for a manager ever! Is that REALLY hard to understand? Plus he played hamilton for 8 years! Gie me peace!