hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Levein rapidly becoming Hearts Alex Miller!

Keekback is an absolute riot this afternoon after the eye bleedingly apology of a performance at Itsbroke with the reality of Potter finally breaking the will of even the most rabid maroon paltroon.

Levein has just been accused because of his defensive tendencies of "becoming Alex Miller" only for another poster disagree by saying "No he is not Miller won something"

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Keekback is an absolute riot this afternoon after the eye bleedingly apology of a performance at Itsbroke with the reality of Potter finally breaking the will of even the most rabid maroon paltroon.

Levein has just been accused because of his defensive tendencies of "becoming Alex Miller" only for another poster disagree by saying "No he is not Miller won something"
    To be fair to him, he did play 2 up front, which is 1 more than normal, and 2 more when he was with Scotland
    Not sure what their moaning at on kickback

Levein MUST STAY.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Quite.

Alex Miller would be insulted by the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Quite.

Alex Miller would be insulted by the comparison.

Won loads. Medals Miller they should call him.

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    God only knows why some Hearts fans pay to watch that rubbish, and easy to see why their away support has fallen off a cliff!
    Seriously - would you pay money to travel and be bored and embarrassed watching that!?!
    Defensive, no width, no pace, priority in every game not to concede rather than score - Levein’s trademark negative approach is sinking into the DNA of their club
    With mid table mediocrity assured for Hearts this season and with Rangers in the middle of confidence crisis- they had a free hit at Ibrox today. Go and attack them, kick them when they were down - but no good old Craig plays 3 centre half’s 2 full backs 0 wingers and 1 up front. Hoof chase tackle repeat......
    Alex Miller has more winners medals from his playing and managerial career than Levein could ever dream of ( even if Nil is all he has to beat!)
    Long my he reign over them!!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    It is a huge surprise Potter was such a success with Scotland given his sophisticated passing style of football he plays.. Perfect opportunity to have a go today and played the usual dull boring tortuous junk. Absolutely depressing

Champions League winner Alex Miller being compared to Tennents Sixes winner Craig Levein.

For all his faults there is no way poor Lexo deserve to be compared to that nobody.

Alex Miller won a trophy for Hibs and elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    HeartofHartley

• Registered Users A
    • 302 posts

Posted 46 minutes ago

I'd like anyone to come forward and explain to me without saying "I don't care about Hibs" why on earth do we as a club, fanbase and as a board accept that style of football?

People are paying 30 odd quid to go and watch their team play non-football.

It might actually be hard for some of the maroon tinted weirdos in our support to understand but if you have any hobby pals like I do then the joy and excitement they feel at this moment (even though it pains me) is what supporting your club is all about. They are miles ahead of us to the point where I dread playing them and you know how and why?

Stability, good core of players, GOOD F-ING SCOUTS NOT YOUTUBE WAGE THEIVES, and above all a manager that wants to please his support and play FOOTBALL the way it should be played.

Now if an under budget hibs can do that and a miles under budget Killie can then it is embarrassingly unacceptable for Hearts to make any excuse as to why we will not be challenging 3rd by this time next year.....

Oh wait....

We don't have a manager, we have an outdated imbecile in charge.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Alex miller has a Scottish league cup medal, a champion league winners medal, English fa and league cup winners medals.

I doubt Levien has a 25m swimming certificate

He also has shanks of Barrhead most loyal user

Quote Originally Posted by jack hackett View Post
    heartofhartley

• registered users a
    • 302 posts

posted 46 minutes ago

i'd like anyone to come forward and explain to me without saying "i don't care about hibs" why on earth do we as a club, fanbase and as a board accept that style of football?

It might actually be hard for some of the maroon tinted weirdos in our support to understand but if you have any hobby pals like i do then the joy and excitement they feel at this moment (even though it pains me) is what supporting your club is all about. They are miles ahead of us to the point where i dread playing them and you know how and why?

Stability, good core of players, good f-ing scouts not youtube wage theives, and above all a manager that wants to please his support and play football the way it should be played.

Now if an under budget hibs can do that and a miles under budget killie can then it is embarrassingly unacceptable for hearts to make any excuse as to why we will not be challenging 3rd by this time next year.....

Oh wait....

"youtube wage theives" 😂😂

Couldn't believe it when Hearts were wasting time after only 30 minutes when it was 0-0. Obviously a favourite result of Potters and would have been the 7th he had achieved since he got that other waste of space so called manager Cathro his P45.

So glad not to be a Jambo.
    Last edited by iwasthere1972; 22-04-2018 at 05:08 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Hearts fans turning against their manager?
    Soon to play Hibs?
    Ian Cathro scenario?

A poor Mordor team, on the back of having their a***s handed to them by their neighbours, walk all over an eye bleeding awful defensive Hertz. How did it end only 2-1?

The reality of having to live within their means is finally kicking in. They blew all the money they had on Lafferty, who is pretty much only interested in putting in a performance against Celtic and Naismith who has been utterly anonymous while taking thousands a week off them. And to step it up a notch, their star signing to really push season ticket sales for the half finished bus shelter is a 35 year old journeyman who can’t run. All presided over by Scotland’s most boring and negative manager, who appears to be bulletproof because of his cosy relationship with Queen Budgie.

Meanwhile across the city, we’ve been quietly building a great squad with a great manager, and we pretty much own them on and off the park. We’re heading for Europe next season and are very much on the up and they absolutely hate it.

Still, 5-1 eh.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    HeartofHartley

• Registered Users A
    • 302 posts

Posted 46 minutes ago

I'd like anyone to come forward and explain to me without saying "I don't care about Hibs" why on earth do we as a club, fanbase and as a board accept that style of football?

It might actually be hard for some of the maroon tinted weirdos in our support to understand but if you have any hobby pals like I do then the joy and excitement they feel at this moment (even though it pains me) is what supporting your club is all about. They are miles ahead of us to the point where I dread playing them and you know how and why?

Stability, good core of players, GOOD F-ING SCOUTS NOT YOUTUBE WAGE THEIVES, and above all a manager that wants to please his support and play FOOTBALL the way it should be played.

Now if an under budget hibs can do that and a miles under budget Killie can then it is embarrassingly unacceptable for Hearts to make any excuse as to why we will not be challenging 3rd by this time next year.....

Oh wait....

I bet that went down well!

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Only saw the last 15 mins today but gawd Hearts were awful.

I seriously hope that’s their level of performance against us in a couple of weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Couldn't believe it when Hearts were wasting time after only 30 minutes when it was 0-0. Obviously a favourite result of Potters and would have been the 7th he had achieved since he got that other waste of space so called manager Cathro his P45.

So glad not to be a Jambo.
    What do you mean, you couldn’t believe it? Have you never watched a Hearts game before? It’s their standard tactic from the first minute on and only changes if they go a goal behind.

If they somehow manage to get a goal in front they take it to a whole new level!

The two most annoying things are giving away a free kick and then standing over the ball until the ref tells them to move (should be booked every time) and the other is some sort of ritual where two players have got to pretend to take a throw in before finally giving the ball to a third player who eventually takes it.

This has been going on for years.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Alex miller has a Scottish league cup medal, a champion league winners medal, English fa and league cup winners medals.

I doubt Levien has a 25m swimming certificate
    A Scottish cup winners medal too (i think) with St Mirren

Edit he left just before they won it

The yams problems away from come from the fact that they play on a three quarter size pitch at home and build and set up their team accordingly but when they play away from home on full size pitches they struggle to adapt.
    They are also mince.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    The yams problems away from come from the fact that they play on a three quarter size pitch at home and build and set up their team accordingly but when they play away from home on full size pitches they struggle to adapt.
    They are also mince.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is that Potters excuse?
    Their pitch is not as small as I thought it was
    Tynie 100 x 64
    ER 105 x 68

There is however no height restriction wherever they play!

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baw187 View Post
    I bet that went down well!
    I think if they had their poll again about sticking with him, there would be huge movement of the swingometer in the opposite direction from the backing he got just a few months ago. The happy clappers are being drowned out atm

Their main problem is that he is untouchable. Whilst I feel for HeartofHartley, as he seems a decent sensible chap... and has Hibby mates...
    Last edited by Jack Hackett; 22-04-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Voice of reason from “over the road”?

Picked this up from Keekback on their Celtic game thread from yesterday.
    The poster has even been praised for his spot on appraisal of their current situation in comparison to ours. Have to say - I agree!!

Some rather sad and pathetic posts on this thread tbh. Some Hearts fans still seem to think it's 2012. It's not.*
    "Love-in"? A love-in would've involved Hibs laying down for their hooped masters

*Instead, they played well and won the game. Like they've played well repeatedly against Celtic and Rangers all season long.
    I hate to break it to some folk, but Hibs aren't what, for so long, we thought of as "Hibs" any more. They got the monkey off their backs by winning the Scottish Cup. Then they came back up; now they're challenging for 2nd, as Lennon said they would; and we've won one game out of 11 against them. They're basically doing what we should be doing - and they're doing it by playing very good football, and despite Stokes having done his level best to **** them up mid-season.
    Hearts fans should be furious about this development. Good to see that many are. Sad to see some trying to explain it by thinking it must all be down to some incestuous relationship between them and Celtic. Bluntly, we're in no position to laugh at them until we get our own house in order. 16 points behind them on a slightly bigger budget is embarrassing. And no amount of comfort blankets about 5-1, 22 in a row or anything else will change that.

This thread could have been summed up a lot sooner if someone had just said that Craig Levein is Alex Miller without the medals.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    I think if they had their poll again about sticking with him, there would be huge movement of the swingometer in the opposite direction from the backing he got just a few months ago. The happy clappers are being drowned out atm

Their main problem is that he is untouchable. Whilst I feel for HeartofHartley, as he seems a decent sensible chap... and has Hibby mates...
    Is agree. I just tried to noise up a Jambo acquaintance earlier with a cheeky text about house boring they were and he went in to a 6 paragragh rant about how Levein needs to go but it won’t happen because him and Budge are thick as thieves, amongst other things! Not a happy chap!

Naaaah! Miller won trophies!

Hertz offered the square root of hee haw this afternoon. I'm looking forward to 9 May.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Is that Potters excuse?
    Their pitch is not as small as I thought it was
    Tynie 100 x 64
    ER 105 x 68

There is however no height restriction wherever they play!
    Spot on we have a far bigger 2D playing area but Potters Hoofball gives them one of the worlds largest 3D pitches