hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kept behind

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would make more sense, a barrier at junction at Scorpios
    Yes, but I suspect the police would not be happy - from a safety perspective - sending 3600 away fans across the Crawford Bridge, risk of crushing etc etc.

I am no fan of this (my ST is in the West, and I park at Meadowbank) but understand why its necessary.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Is that not a massage parlour😎

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Yes, but I suspect the police would not be happy - from a safety perspective - sending 3600 away fans across the Crawford Bridge, risk of crushing etc etc.

I am no fan of this (my ST is in the West, and I park at Meadowbank) but understand why its necessary.
    At least you won't have to wait then if you park at Meadowbank. Yesterday when we were let out, there were sellick fans on the other side hanging about
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    It's annoying but I have never waited, just take the St Clair Street route to Easter Road.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    A few years ago they tried keeping back the Rangers supporters and letting Hibs fans away first.
    As pointed out above, a lot of Hibs fans were at bus stops, and in shops and pubs, at the top end of Easter Road. They then let the Huns out and there were lots of reported assaults on Hibs fans as the hoardes piled up Easter Road spitting venom.

It might be an inconvenience, but I'd rather that than see some innocent Hibs fan on the wrong end of a brutal assault.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    This really annoys me. I live close to the stadium but in the area behind the south stand. So I tend to sit in the West because its closest to me. It only takes me a few minutes to get home but I have to take a massive detour or wait around for the away fans to leave for the category A games.

And if the away fans win they are in absolutely no rush.

It's definitely an area I'd like the club to look at. Hardly the end of the world but it does affect hundreds or more of our fans.
    I have a similar irritation getting home after cat A matches, but being ten minutes walking distance from the ground, even with the barriers up, is not really a hardship, if you're reasonably mobile. There's not that many people in our situation, and the inconvenience is hardly an issue, given that there are others maybe taking an hour or three to get to and from the match.

Just think of it as just Police Scotland's way of getting you to take more exercise!

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    A few years ago they tried keeping back the Rangers supporters and letting Hibs fans away first.
    As pointed out above, a lot of Hibs fans were at bus stops, and in shops and pubs, at the top end of Easter Road. They then let the Huns out and there were lots of reported assaults on Hibs fans as the hoardes piled up Easter Road spitting venom.

It might be an inconvenience, but I'd rather that than see some innocent Hibs fan on the wrong end of a brutal assault.
    Didn't know that Stevie, in that case I would agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    So....

We visit the Glasgow teams and we get held back after the final whistle

The Glasgow teams visit us and we get held back after the final whistle

Police Scotland (Glasgow) at its finest

It comes down to the placement of the metal wall

Put it further up the street and send the away fans along Crawford Bridge - then they are more than half way up Easter Road and closer to the supporters busses and train station

Simple
    We don't get held back at Easter Road at all, everyone can leave the stadium at FT.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    We don't get held back at Easter Road at all, everyone can leave the stadium at FT.
    If you’re trying to get to Easter Road you have to take a massive detour or you get held back behind a big metal wall

Due to this we lost The Albion Bar

As the home fans, why are we inconvenienced?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Is that not a massage parlour😎
    You know more than me

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I'm sure it's been done before as well.
    It used to be barriered there years ago and there was a right going riot as a result. The barrier was then change to the wall thing probably to stop you seeing them leaving along the road and launching missiles at them as used to happen.

I think there are two barriers now. One to force them accross the bridge and the other at the ticket office.

Suppose they want to stop the ambushing the head jobs used to set up and get them up to Regent Rd 5/10 minutes ahead of the main body of Hibs fans to avoid hassle at Middletons where the muppets gather.

If you’re trying to get to Easter Road you have to take a massive detour or you get held back behind a big metal wall

As explained above it makes sense and results in a much safer after match environment for all.

Left by mutual consent!
    As long as they don’t block access to Scorpios

At least you won't have to wait then if you park at Meadowbank. Yesterday when we were let out, there were sellick fans on the other side hanging about
    You really dont have to wait long though.

I left, walked round the stadium, along lochend butterfly way and by the time I got behind the South the barriers must have been lifted as it was Hibbies walking along Albion Road.

Its about ten minutes if you dont want to walk round. Only happens at Celtic, Huns, Sheep and Jambos matches, so not exactly a hardship over the entire season.

You are not seriously saying that the Albion Bar shut down because a barrier is up for ten minutes after football matches a few times a season????

The Albion bar closed because of lack of business overall, not lost revenue from a few Cat A games.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    It didn’t look like the hearts fans were being held back at ibrox today. Just after the final whistle the end was nearly empty, and the ones that were left streaming out.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    It didn’t look like the hearts fans were being held back at ibrox today. Just after the final whistle the end was nearly empty, and the ones that were left streaming out.
    They usually lock the gates about 10 mins before the end of the match, so they must have left really early

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    They usually lock the gates about 10 mins before the end of the match, so they must have left really early
    I don’t think that’s what it was. There was still a decent amount of them there near the end.

United we stand here....

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post

Was that when we split the stand due to the east being built? I remember a bit of hassel outside the south, a big rangers fan got flattend by police horse haha

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Was that when we split the stand due to the east being built? I remember a bit of hassel outside the south, a big rangers fan got flattend by police horse haha
    Can't remember when it was, my memory for dates is terrible, but I can remember that it was tried at a Rangers game .. and reports of Hibs fans getting attacked on Easter Road (especially vulnerable were those waiting at bus stops).
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Spoke to a retired policeman tonight, who told me it is easier to get away fans out and up to regent road area. Fair do's

First Team Breakthrough
    Happens at West for all Category A games, realling rips my knitting
    Yep really annoys me too, however weren't held back long yesterday and the way I felt didn't matter too much anyway.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    I could never understand why away fans are kept back, especially at places like Ipox. Wouldn’t it be better to let away fans get out and head home, rather than home fans who can hang about waiting
    This times 10 for those on the away leg at AEK Athens in the aftermath of September 11th. Tiny contingent of Hibs fans held back for 1 hr, then released to a waiting guard of honour. Total madness

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jockodile View Post
    This times 10 for those on the away leg at AEK Athens in the aftermath of September 11th. Tiny contingent of Hibs fans held back for 1 hr, then released to a waiting guard of honour. Total madness
    It was fun though 🇳🇬

Quote Originally Posted by bookert View Post
    Yep really annoys me too, however weren't held back long yesterday and the way I felt didn't matter too much anyway.
    This is getting tiresome so lets just get this clear NOBODY was held back at this or any other game. The fact some leople are too lazy to use the open exit routes to get away from the stadium and choose to hang around for roads to be reopened and then throw a strop. The club even puts out PA messages, I've heard them, telling you which way to go. You are not being held back

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    This is getting tiresome so lets just get this clear NOBODY was held back at this or any other game. The fact some leople are too lazy to use the open exit routes to get away from the stadium and choose to hang around for roads to be reopened and then throw a strop. The club even puts out PA messages, I've heard them, telling you which way to go. You are not being held back
    Exactly, road closed take an alternative route.

Not sure why such a strop? It's a legitimate issue for some.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Not sure why such a strop? It's a legitimate issue for some.
    ...because some people are blowing something up out of all proportion to the reality of what actually happens at all the big games now and in the past and use it to have an.unjustified pop at the club...just like the closed roads thread.

...because some people are blowing something up out of all proportion to the reality of what actually happens at all the big games now and in the past and use it to have an.unjustified pop at the club...just like the closed roads thread.
    Woooooaaaahhh easy.....Who was having a pop at the Club?