hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kept behind

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    I think it’s now been explained by a few different supporters. If we get out first, the top of Easter Road will be full of Hibs fans hanging around pubs and bus stops etc. Sitting ducks for the hoardes of Rantic/Hearts fans who will then have to walk past en-mass. Letting the away fans out first means they’ve mostly cleared the area before we walk through. Time to put this to bed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bookert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep really annoys me too, however weren't held back long yesterday and the way I felt didn't matter too much anyway.
    I think i was at a different game to everybody else. I thought we were waiting ages and i was chittering with the cold the whole game!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    What the absolute **** were the stupid stewards doing at the west today. They had tape and barriers up - far too close to the stadium - stopping us leaving at the end.

It was Killie, FFS, two men and a dug (or, perhaps 700 fans) not Celtic / Huns.

Asked why - couldnt tell us, usual "boss told us" response. Absolutely stupid.

Was only 5 mins, just really frustrating.......almost missed my bus

I think they should lock all the gates from 80 mins. Maybe keep all the early leavers in the ground! Imagine leaving a game like today's early!!!

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    What the absolute **** were the stupid stewards doing at the west today. They had tape and barriers up - far too close to the stadium - stopping us leaving at the end.

It was Killie, FFS, two men and a dug (or, perhaps 700 fans) not Celtic / Huns.

Asked why - couldnt tell us, usual "boss told us" response. Absolutely stupid.

Was only 5 mins, just really frustrating.......almost missed my bus
    Completely pointless.

I didn't bother waiting as I was in a rush, so headed along Albion Road and up Easter Road. I was at the end of Bothwell Street before the Killie fans got there.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    I was in a rush today and parked at sainsburys for a quick getaway -police told me they had had “intel” and that was the reason.

Went the long way round and it didn’t appear that anything had happened. So either the police done a brilliant job or nothing happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I was in a rush today and parked at sainsburys for a quick getaway -police told me they had had “intel” and that was the reason.

Went the long way round and it didn’t appear that anything had happened. So either the police done a brilliant job or nothing happened...
    There was trouble outside the Mash Tun before the game,didn't happen to see it myself so I've no idea how serious it was. Guess that the police decided to get the Killie fans clear of the stadium to avoid the chance of anymore fighting outside the West as the fans left together.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    There was a bit of pavement dancing at the top of Abbeyhill as the Killie supporters were going to their buses. Maybe the intell was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    There was a bit of pavement dancing at the top of Abbeyhill as the Killie supporters were going to their buses. Maybe the intell was correct.

Yes, I saw a lot of police activity up there post match.

However it doesnt explain the stupidity of the security staff decision to hold people back outside the west - they told people yesterday "just go along past the ticket office, you can get out that way and walk back along" - i.e. if you want to cause bother with the killie fans, just take a 2 minute detour

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Yes, I saw a lot of police activity up there post match.

However it doesnt explain the stupidity of the security staff decision to hold people back outside the west - they told people yesterday "just go along past the ticket office, you can get out that way and walk back along" - i.e. if you want to cause bother with the killie fans, just take a 2 minute detour
    Do you think they should have sent you a longer way around then?

Those little detours just help crowds disperse a bit to stop large numbers of opposing fans clashing as best as possible. It's already been established that there was some intel and that there was a little bit of trouble right enough. You've acknowledged that someone else told them to do it so I'm not sure why you're giving the steward's a hard time when they've rightly been receiving praise for their west stand efforts today.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post

Those little detours just help crowds disperse a bit to stop large numbers of opposing fans clashing as best as possible. It's already been established that there was some intel and that there was a little bit of trouble right enough. You've acknowledged that someone else told them to do it so I'm not sure why you're giving the steward's a hard time when they've rightly been receiving praise for their west stand efforts today.
    Because nobody could understand why there were barriers right in front of the west at the South exit and the gate was shut
    Because the stewards had no explanation other than "my boss told me"
    Because they told people they could walk round by the ticket office it didnt make sense
    Because it was killie with 2 men and a dug, and this only usually happens for Cat A matches
    Because - due to the location the stewards put in place - people were being crowded together inside the exit of the West.
    Because when challenged they had no decent explanation for any of the above

The chat about "intel" didnt appear til later, but if the stewards had said police orders, then why were there no barriers up at Albion Road - it was the stupidity of it all that pissed me off.

That enough?

Because nobody could understand why there were barriers right in front of the west at the South exit and the gate was shut
    Because they told people they could walk round by the ticket office it didnt make sense
    Because it was killie with 2 men and a dug, and this only usually happens for Cat A matches
    Because - due to the location the stewards put in place - people were being crowded together inside the exit of the West.

The chat about "intel" didnt appear til later, but if the stewards had said police orders, then why were there no barriers up at Albion Road - it was the stupidity of it all that pissed me off.

That enough?
    To be honest, none of those are really reasons to give the steward's a hard time are they.
    They were told to do something, and they done what they were told is what's happened here.
    Mon the Hibs.

Passed a few young Killie fans yesterday who had run into trouble. One of them in particular looked to have a broken nose.

Slightly off topic but is the Mash Ton the old Utopia? I always thought it was strange that I’m match days they used to have a non colours policy so it ended up full of Hibs casuals. If it’s the same place then I’ve seen a few ‘faces’ outside it on match days. Prime location for bumping into opposing fans.

Possible practice for next game at home?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    Passed a few young Killie fans yesterday who had run into trouble. One of them in particular looked to have a broken nose.

Slightly off topic but is the Mash Ton the old Utopia? I always thought it was strange that I’m match days they used to have a non colours policy so it ended up full of Hibs casuals. If it’s the same place then I’ve seen a few ‘faces’ outside it on match days. Prime location for bumping into opposing fans.
    Colours of both teams are usuallg welcome in the Mash Tun, have met plenty of away fans in there and never the slightest hint of bother.

That enough?
    The gates were shut, the stewards were doing what they were told, not their decision, you had an alternative way out. The cops were obviously expecting bother, there was bother and just because of 120 seconds of inconvenience you are going off on one?

Think back a few years, before our little Championship, adventure and remember those gates were closed most games.

I trust the cops to be making decisions in the interest of public safety, I respect the stewards who are carrying out instructions, even if they do not know who oordered it or the reason for it. Maybe others instead of giving the plod or steward on the street grief they could chill out a bit and be patient and appreciate the world doesnt revolve around their specific selfish needs.

To be honest, none of those are really reasons to give the steward's a hard time are they.
    They were told to do something, and they done what they were told is what's happened here.
    Woa there tiger - who said I gave the stewards a hard time???

I am posting on this forum that I was a bit annoyed - I wasnt the only one BTW - but I didnt give them a mouthful or anything.

Maybe I am just pissed off at the general herding around of football fans - regardless of whether some wee killie ********s cant keep their emotions in check, other totally decent fans dont deserve to be kettled, treated like dicks and not given a decent explanation by people who - by virtue of wearing a coloured jacket - are in some kind of pseudo authority position.

When presented with what appears to be a pointless or stupid scenario I will usually ask why - maybe that makes me a dick, but it also makes me feel a bit more informed.

Even the police are happy for you to ask them why - and they usually have a decent explanation and grasp of the situation.
    Last edited by green day; 29-04-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Woa there tiger - who said I gave the stewards a hard time???
    You've called them stupid at least 4 times on this page of this very thread. 😂

I'm just pointing out the obvious, that they're doing the job they're told to do.

They work in public safety and a few people at the top have to make decisions, sometimes very quickly, and communicate that to a large number of people who then have to react quickly. They can't have dozens of stewards standing there going "but why that exit?" "But why now?" "But why this game" and questioning every decision, they just have to do it. Letting you know that it's an extra 2 minute walk the long way round sounds like a fair compromise.

Can you tell I used to be a steward?

You've called them stupid at least 4 times on this page of this very thread. 😂

I'm just pointing out the obvious, that they're doing the job they're told to do.

They work in public safety and a few people at the top have to make decisions, sometimes very quickly, and communicate that to a large number of people who then have to react quickly. They can't have dozens of stewards standing there going "but why that exit?" "But why now?" "But why this game" and questioning every decision, they just have to do it. Letting you know that it's an extra 2 minute walk the long way round sounds like a fair compromise.

Can you tell I used to be a steward?
    Aye, you sound the type....😉

Aye, you sound the type....😉
    Being able to take a hard time while repeatedly explaining the obvious was in the job description.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I came out of the East and tried to go round the back of the South to get to my car, but the steward stopped me. I had to walk round Lochend Butterfly Way. It seemed a bit pointless as when I walked round there were loads of hibs fans coming from the West mixing with killie fans anyway.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Colours of both teams are usuallg welcome in the Mash Tun, have met plenty of away fans in there and never the slightest hint of bother.
    Same! I drink in there and have never seen bother. Always get some good banter with opposition fans.

I left for the ground at 2.45, so the trouble must have been close to kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I came out of the East and tried to go round the back of the South to get to my car, but the steward stopped me. I had to walk round Lochend Butterfly Way. It seemed a bit pointless as when I walked round there were loads of hibs fans coming from the West mixing with killie fans anyway.
    Why would you expect the leave the East that way? Surely you came in from the north end like everybody else? You cannot normally go that way so why think you could yestetday?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Sorry meant Utopia used to have a no colours policy.