hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A couple of rows at the most. I can assure you it is an SPL rule.....thats why clubs (including us) do it.

I'd say from whenever i've been there, its looks more like 10 matey, yet even if i agreed it was only 2, you either can or you cant, you cant just allow it a little surely?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    A couple of rows at the most. I can assure you it is an SPL rule.....thats why clubs (including us) do it.
    If it’s a rule then surely a couple of rows is still too many?

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Cant remember which game it was, it could have been the play off match against Hamilton, but someone posted a picture of the dunbar end, where loads of Hibs fans were above the Hamilton fans.

Theres obviously a tolerance of a small number of rows but it is defo a rule. Otherwise clubs would follow Newcastle etc by sticking away fans in top corner.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    https://fanpic.co/829-2017-Rangers/

I know its a horrible site, and you'd be best to turn the sound down, but you can clearly see huns above the sheep if you scroll round and pan in a bit.
    Well I stand corrected, I would say however that it's the extended allocation and the usual allocation doesn't go that far into the broomloan.

@hibs.net private member
    Theres obviously a tolerance of a small number of rows but it is defo a rule. Otherwise clubs would follow Newcastle etc by sticking away fans in top corner.
    Newcastle don’t. The away fans at St James are in the top tier behind the goals with Newcastle fans below them

Newcastle don’t. The away fans at St James are in the top tier behind the goals with Newcastle fans below them
    Thats what I said. Why dont Scottish clubs put away fans in top corner above the home fans miles away from the pitch?

First Team Breakthrough wfortune's Avatar
    Thats what I said. Why dont Scottish clubs put away fans in top corner above the home fans miles away from the pitch?
    So pies and bodily fluids don't rain down on the home support.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    What Scottish grounds could that happen in?

What Scottish grounds could that happen in?
    Quite a few but thats not the point. How many scottish grounds does it happen in? None because its not allowed. Otherwise Hibs would split it top/bottom to make more money.

Quite a few but thats not the point. How many scottish grounds does it happen in? None because its not allowed. Otherwise Hibs would split it top/bottom to make more money.
    Surely it could only really happen at Easter Road, Celtic Park and Ibrox? Celtic and rangers already have the away end tucked away in the worst seats in the stadium so why would they change it. Guess Aberdeen could but there would be segregation issues in the concourse unless they can split it like we can

@hibs.net private member
    There next to no grounds in Scotland that it could happen in. Celtc already have you tucked away in a corner. The Rangers have u in a corner as well but do have a few rows at either side above the away crowd. Other than that, Easter Road is about the only other ground it could happen in however I think Hibs choose not to as splitting the stand vertically makes things so much easier for segregation etc.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Not a myth I can assure you.
    I sat above Hearts fans when my ST in the old Centre Stand was moved when they pulled the stand down. The game Mixu skied the last minute penalty. All that’s required is the front couple of rows are left empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    They don't sit directly above us though.
    The upper Sandy Jardine stand is directly above the away support.

There next to no grounds in Scotland that it could happen in. Celtc already have you tucked away in a corner. The Rangers have u in a corner as well but do have a few rows at either side above the away crowd. Other than that, Easter Road is about the only other ground it could happen in however I think Hibs choose not to as splitting the stand vertically makes things so much easier for segregation etc.
    You are almost countering your own argument here. Fans at these grounds are tucked in the corner for a reason. Hibs Celtic Rangers Killie Motherwell Aberdeen and Dundee Utd to name a few could have opposing fans under or above each other but dont.....because in recent years its against SPL rules. Why is that so difficult for some folk to accept?

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Hearts away to Rangers. A full block of Rangers fans above Hearts fans

Last edited by My_Wife_Camille; 23-04-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Why all the debate about whether home fans are allowed to sit above away fans? It's not going to happen at Easter Road, so let's move on.

When's the South Stand going to be open for home fans?

@hibs.net private member
    You are almost countering your own argument here. Fans at these grounds are tucked in the corner for a reason. Hibs Celtic Rangers Killie Motherwell Aberdeen and Dundee Utd to name a few could have opposing fans under or above each other but dont.....because in recent years its against SPL rules. Why is that so difficult for some folk to accept?
    You think the reason that it doesn’t happen at these grounds is because of some non existent rule that clearly isn’t in place as other posters have proved with examples of it happening?

Every ground that you have mentioned has a dedicated part of their ground for away fans. Ibrox has home fans sitting above some of the away fans. Why would the other teams change their whole setup just to get fans sitting above the other ones??

You think the reason that it doesn’t happen at these grounds is because of some non existent rule that clearly isn’t in place as other posters have proved with examples of it happening?

Every ground that you have mentioned has a dedicated part of their ground for away fans. Ibrox has home fans sitting above some of the away fans. Why would the other teams change their whole setup just to get fans sitting above the other ones??
    Aye nae bother.

Wouldn’t be fair on the Yams, they don’t have a top tier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheffield Wednesday and United have fans above each other and put netting up along the top of the bottom teir... Having sat in seats at Ibrox with fans above us hanging over the boards chucking stuff down it always amazes me this hasn't been addressed. Not sure if this is down to clubs or SFA/SPFL rules but when you look at the segregation line and the amount of seats Hibs and Hearts use compared to the 3 seats or so Rangers and celtic use. We even have seats that's in a different stand cornered off in the East for what can only be for segregation

...but its not a rule, its a hibs.net fact

There is nothing in the SPFL rule book its just a convention and commonsense.

Then quote the rule, reference it and post the link

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Then quote the rule, reference it and post the link
    Or alternatively you could post the rule which states visiting fans can sit anywhere.

Or alternatively you could post the rule which states visiting fans can sit anywhere.
    Ach come on matey, there have been several cases of fans above opposition fans shown, but only yourself saying its not allowed.

I don't know either way Brooster, but i have seen with my own eyes evidence to the contrary on what you claim to be a rule, a rule thats being either ignored or broken?

You are the one stating there is a rule, others like myself are not so sure. If you are so sure it exists, then lets see the evidence and have it cleared up.

I wanted an end to the debate, hoping the dot count will kick off again today...

So, on the bus to work, I downloaded the SPFL rules, and can confirm that there is not an SPFL rule (doesn't mean that the police aren't enforcing one however).

I did note some of the more quirky rules however, such as no stadium in Scotland can have a roof covering the pitch, which is disappointing as what can we now ask for after the corners get filled...

Also, made me wonder how the U20s at Oriam get away with it...perhaps the SPFL make everything up as they go along?

First Team Breakthrough
    Rule 128: A section of the ground must be reserved for supporters of the Visiting Club and any tickets for League Matches and Play-Off Matches must be distributed on that basis. Details of these arrangements should be publicised by the Clubs concerned in advance.

No mention of the position of the away section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You cannot post what does not exist. There is absolutely nothing in the SPFL, SFA or UEFa rules that dictates the internal seating arrangements to clubs other than % to be allocated to visiting supporters, subject to practicality, in various competitions.

Rule H22-H24 in the SPFL rule book reference safety requirements. They do not support your ascertion. Your rule is therefore not a rule and its now not even a hibs.net fact it is in fact a debunked fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    Also, made me wonder how the U20s at Oriam get away with it...perhaps the SPFL make everything up as they go along?
    Cough......splutter........How very dare you !!!

wheres the dot count on the DOT COUNT thtread