hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member
    My bad should have added earlier I was on about around ER and not just St Clair Street.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Tupence worth-
    I park on St Clair street and agree that forcing pedestrians to only walk on the pavement would mean that it took ages for the crowds to clear, in fact you would have to form a queue at the top off the street to get onto the pavement.
    My normal routine is to stay in my seat until most of the crowd have left the stand. Then make my way to my car and wait until the crowds disappear, this normally takes 10 to 20mins.
    I am grateful that I am allowed to park close to the ground and I am happy to let pedestrians clear the area.
    It is getting more difficult to find a parking space in this street and have to arrive an hour before kick off to get a space, so 15 mins or so at the end off the game shouldn't be a problem. It would be good if there was another street available for disabled, but that's another discussion.
    It's a bit sad that we are all so rushed that we can't show consideration for each other, pedestrians and drivers.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From getting to my car at the bottom of St Clair street to arriving at Sheriffhall roundabout took an hour and a half .... that's an hour and a half FFS .... The traffic in Edinburgh yesterday was as bad as I've ever seen it.
    Took me 25 minutes to get to Old Craighall roundabout so would have been about 30 minutes to Sheriffhall, I park at Lochend side of the stadium though.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    No I’m not what I’m on about is folk moaning about cars on roads when roads are for cars and pavements are for people. Maybe if padestrains showed as much restrain and walked on the pavement as they want drivers to show cause they canny be bothered waiting because there’s thousands and they’d be there for ages, but it’s al right for cars to wait.

Me thinks there’s lots of hypocrites about.
    Utter rubbish.

Its absolutely impossible to walk on the pavements solely at ER after a game.

2 people going in opposite directions can barely pass on them at certain points.

Even if that was what people wanted to do they would be knocked out onto the road by accident or other inconsiderate or careless pedestrians.

That's without taking into consideration anyone having to try and cross the road.

There are some absolute lunatics barrelling their cars through pedestrians and especially both on the way down to and at the lights on Hawkhill Road and sadly its only a matter of time before someone is hurt (lets hope its no more than that and not seriously)

I wouldn't like to be the driver explaining that I knocked someone down because even though I could see it was unsafe because of so many pedestrians, I was in a hurry to get home and just drove on.

To take your argument further though, lets say it nowhere near ER and the roads wherever it is are deserted and its in the middle of summer and there is no football on. Someone old or young ( it doesn't matter which carelessly walks onto the road in front of you) because they are on the road and you have right of way are you going to mow them down?

Of course your not, if you don't recognise the dangers pedestrians face from cars and are not prepared to make allowances for and take actions to keep them safe ( even from themselves) then you have absolutely no business being behind the wheel of a car.

I drive a lot and have done for 40 years in all sorts of conditions and at all sorts of speeds, but there is not a cats chance in hell I would be driving my car, no matter how carefully, through a group of pedestrians regardless of who was right or wrong.

Some of the driving I have seen round ER after games is criminal, especially so since most of our games end in darkness.

I applaud the person who reported that lunatic to the police and would have no hesitation doing the same. They may very well save someone life by having done so.
    Last edited by BSEJVT; 22-04-2018 at 08:18 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Utter rubbish.

Its absolutely impossible to walk on the pavements solely at ER after a game.

2 people going in opposite directions can barely pass on them at certain points.

Even if that was what people wanted to do they would be knocked out onto the road by accident or other inconsiderate or careless pedestrians.

That's without taking into consideration anyone having to try and cross the road.

There are some absolute lunatics barrelling their cars through pedestrians and especially both on the way down to and at the lights on Hawkhill Road and sadly its only a matter of time before someone is hurt (lets hope its no more than that and not seriously)

I wouldn't like to be the driver explaining that I knocked someone down because even though I could see it was unsafe because of so many pedestrians, I was in a hurry to get home and just drove on.

To take your argument further though, lets say it nowhere near ER and the roads wherever it is are deserted and its in the middle of summer and there is no football on. Someone old or young ( it doesn't matter which carelessly walks onto the road in front of you) because they are on the road and you have right of way are you going to mow them down?

Of course your not, if you don't recognise the dangers pedestrians face from cars and are not prepared to make allowances for and take actions to keep them safe ( even from themselves) then you have absolutely no business being behind the wheel of a car.

I drive a lot and have done for 40 years in all sorts of conditions and at all sorts of speeds, but there is not a cats chance in hell I would be driving my car, no matter how carefully, through a group of pedestrians regardless of who was right or wrong.

Some of the driving I have seen round ER after games is criminal, especially so since most of our games end in darkness.

I applaud the person who reported that lunatic to the police and would have no hesitation doing the same. They may very well save someone life by having done so.
    I’m not arguing with you over this. I agree with a lot of what you say however I still don’t think pedestrians should be able walk on the road, when there is space on a pavement, I do appreciate that st Clair street is closed after games and I accept and understand why. I’m no way am I sticking up for the fool who drove on the pavement BUT at the same time I am not going to stick up for folk who walk on the road.

Mate I leave ER after every game and there’s folk crossing roads walking down the middle of them that don’t give a monkeys about the cars using Mobil phones not in the slightest bit interested in the cars driving about.

I already said in an earlier post that I was on about streets away from st Clair street. I’ve been driving for 32 years and now drive professionally for a living and you just have to look at grown adults taking their kids along roads with no sense of danger for their own kids after the game along ER too Leith Walk when there plenty of room to walk on the pavements.

I may definitely be in a minority here but I feel roads are for cars and pavements are for Pedestrians. Yes folk have to cross the road but surely they can do it in a safe manner.

At no time have I or will I try to defend car drivers acting dangerously or driving through a crowd of people or in any dangerous or threatening way.

GGTTH
    Last edited by southern hibby; 22-04-2018 at 10:21 PM.