hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And to think we had some on this very message board who thought he wasn’t the right man for the job. 🤫

2. Log in to remove the advert

Said it before and I'll say it again, we are very lucky to have Neil as our manager and long may it continue .

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    My ST is behind the dugout and anyone who thinks Lenny is not 100% Hibs needs to think again. He went nuts at the end of the game. Brilliant Manager who gets Hibs. If we can hold onto him there's some exciting times ahead for the Club.

He's a jolly good manager.

When he's gone, he's gone.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Lennon has done a terrific job so far, it definitely looks like he has set high standards at the club and he has definitely improved us.

I loved Stubbs but Lennon has taken the side up a level.

Genuinely hope Lennon isn't tempted elsewhere for a good while yet.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Much as I like(d) Stokesy, I always felt another player could come in a fill his void. Players come and go and no one is totally irreplacable. What I will say is this, what Lennon has done in his short spell with us is unmeasurable. It cannot be underestimated.
    Not only his swift resolution of the stokes saga but getting the two strikers and Scott Allan in. A superb last few days in January. Seen where the issues were and got Murray and stokes out and flo and mclaren in.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm a massive fan of Lennon. He's a passionate guy - and yes that occasionally gets him in trouble as a full on furious Lenny in the face of a referee/fourth official/player/manager is not and has never been a pretty sight. But that's part of what makes him great - it's part of a package that also includes an intelligent and articulate guy - a real football thinker with a great sense of integrity and sportsmanship that had already earned him respect throughout the game long before he was recruited at Hibs.

I'm delighted with Lennon but what makes me happier still is that he's been not the first but the third in a succession of brilliant key appointments following the utter disaster of relegation - Leanne Dempster being the first followed by the managers she subsequently appointed - Stubbs and Lennon.

Stubbs did a fantastic job, turning round a dejected club and quickly crafting a side burgeoning with talent that delivered a thoroughly deserved Scottish Cup while narrowly missing out on promotion. I was not at all surprised that Stubbs had an ambition to try his hand in his homeland on the back of that success even if somewhat bewildered by his choice of club. I'll always love Stubbsy though regardless of that.

So I think - usual Hibs - successful manager gets snapped up swiftly to be followed by (going by previous experience) a succession of steadily more desperate mediocrity. And so I was impressed when Lennon - a high profile and experienced manager with a track record of success in the Scottish game - was secured as Stubbs' successor.

But Lennon has exceeded my expectations by a long way, not so much by his smart moves in the transfer market and tactical nous, most welcome though they most definately are! But by his commitment to expansive attractive winning football and moreso than anything else, the pride, dedication and just sheer joy that he self evidently brings to and takes from the job of managing Hibs. I get the impression that Neil is enjoying and relishing the task of managing Hibs every bit as much as we are enjoying watching it and that he is in no hurry to go anywhere else. I hope I'm right and that we will have the pleasure of watching Hibs progress and develop under his tutelage for a good number of seasons yet

Last edited by basehibby; 22-04-2018 at 04:38 AM.

The man should be given a contract for life.

The consistency level we are showing right now is unprecedented in the time I've been watching Hibs.

Even although last season was in the Championship, it's incredible to think that in almost two full seasons, we have only lost 9 league matches.

I am really excited about where we can go under Lennon. I really feel we can reach a level we have never seen before.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    If Lennon stays, maybe WE are the team that stops 10 in a row....

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Who was he staring at in the West upper at full time?
    Directors/Family?

100% convinced now. A great piece of business by Leeann and co.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's the way he has got the players believing that they can beat anyone that really impresses me. Yes, we have a really strong squad with a number of 'winners' in their own right, but you can see the confidence that Lennon has given them running right through the team. McLeish had it to a fair degree and was constantly hammering home the word 'mentality' but Lennon has taken things significantly further by ensuring we have remained competitive for the entire season - and if anything we're getting stronger as the campaign heads towards its conclusion. That's a very rare thing for a Hibs side over the last few decades.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Lenny is a real winner. I've never felt this confident of winning.

Loved stubbsy we played some good football under him and oh we won a certain cup but under Lenny good football but more important wins us games when it matters on the personal side before he came not my favourite person but couldn't argue with his pedigree as a manager remember when it broke we were after him I honestly didn't think we would get him but so pleased we did as many posts have said I think we should be just grateful and happy we have him and let's back him and the team to the max by smashing the record fo season ticket sales

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    If Lennon stays, maybe WE are the team that stops 10 in a row....

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
    If lennon stays for another 3 seasons, I genuinely believe we'll win the league.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymcl View Post
    Loved stubbsy we played some good football under him and oh we won a certain cup but under Lenny good football but more important wins us games when it matters on the personal side before he came not my favourite person but couldn't argue with his pedigree as a manager remember when it broke we were after him I honestly didn't think we would get him but so pleased we did as many posts have said I think we should be just grateful and happy we have him and let's back him and the team to the max by smashing the record fo season ticket sales
    I thought Stubbs was great but we could be 2-0 up and you still felt nervous we could loose. But with Lennon if we get the lead we will definitely go on to win. Just like yesterday 😃

First Team Regular
    When Neil Lennon was appointed I must admit I had real reservations. I just wasn't sure he was the "right fit" for the club. Happy to say he has proved me wrong, has done a great job and I am now totally 100% behind him. So well done to Neil and to Leanne for having the faith to appoint him.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    The man is a winner. If he stays for a few seasons then he may well top Turnbull as our best manager in my lifetime. Better start thinking of a name for his team.
    Lennon's Legends

Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    When Neil Lennon was appointed I must admit I had real reservations. I just wasn't sure he was the "right fit" for the club. Happy to say he has proved me wrong, has done a great job and I am now totally 100% behind him. So well done to Neil and to Leanne for having the faith to appoint him.
    That was exactly what I thought, but I was slightly reassured by the fact that a few Celtic-supporting mates of mine raved about him - as much saying he is actually a great guy (which was hard to see from an opposition point of view) as he is a great football manager.

He won me over pretty quickly with the open, honest and passionate way he spoke.

It will be a shame when he goes, but it has been a pleasure having him in charge of our club.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    If lennon stays for another 3 seasons, I genuinely believe we'll win the league.
    not happening, and nor should it be seen as failure when it doesn’t happen. It’s a great aspiration to have but realistically top 3 and a cup win or two will do nicely in the next few years

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Lennon's Legends

Let’s hope they earn this name.

Would be a nice follow up to Stubbsy’s Hampden Heroes.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

This quote is designed to be pulled out and mocked by rival fans.

But I love it! What is the point of it all without daring to dream?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Why not be that ambitious?
    you get nothing for finishing in 2nd place
    players play for medals and silverware (and sometimes money )

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

don't care

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    That was exactly what I thought, but I was slightly reassured by the fact that a few Celtic-supporting mates of mine raved about him - as much saying he is actually a great guy (which was hard to see from an opposition point of view) as he is a great football manager.

He won me over pretty quickly with the open, honest and passionate way he spoke.

It will be a shame when he goes, but it has been a pleasure having him in charge of our club.
    It certainly has been a pleasure. Always stands up for the club and showed on Saturday he was determined celtic wasn't winning the league at er. A great person and manager.

@hibs.net private member
    He's a true leader and the type of manager we have been needing for years. When he first came here he said he wanted to get rid of the boy band mentality, this team plays for one and other and defeat and draws to your diddy teams is unacceptable. Really enjoying having him here and I'm pretty sure he will go down as a Hibernian manager legend.

Yep, I’d happily follow him into battle.