hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Neil Lennon = incredible job he has done & will continue to do at Easter Road

Current record = P88 W46 (52.3%) D27 (30.7%) L15 (17.0%)

*2017/18 = P34 W17 D11 L6 Pts 62 GD +15 (00/01 season = P34 Pts 62 GD +27)*

After 34 league games, we have 5 points more than we did in Mogga's 1st season, 9 more than Mogga's 2nd season, 12 more than Yogi's 1st season, 21 more than Fenlon's 12/13 season & an astonishing 28 more than the last top flight campaign we had (Butcher = ) as well as 35 more than the 11/12 season under Calderwood/Fenlon!

If we can finish the season in 2nd or 3rd place (Sevco 4th ) & secure 67 points or more, it would outline our club's best league season since 1974/75... 43 years ago!

In that season Turnbull's men finished runners up, one position behind the huns who prevented Jock Stein's legendary Lisbon Lions from winning 10IAR. What a feat that would be!

0H1.jpg0H2.jpg0H.jpg0H4.jpg
    0H6.jpg0H8.jpg0H9.jpg0H10.jpg

Long may Lenny reign over (a sold-out) Easter Road!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Phenomenal manager. Impossible not be excited at the possibilities with him in charge, Leanne on board, and the support at the levels at it is.

Some huge characters (and massive Hibbies) in a squad full of excellent footballers too.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    He’s just terrific.

Set up, tactics, substitutions all spot on today.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    ^^^Agreed.

He’s pretty much got the tactics spot on in every game we’ve played this season.

We’ve maybe played poorly for a total of 180 mins or so even though we’ve had a few disappointing results.

I’ll keep saying it, we will be genuine title contenders for the next two seasons whilst he’s in charge.

Today just proved to the players that we can be the best team in the country.

6 defeats all season is brilliant, much better than anyone aside from Celtic.

If we could have converted 3 or 4 of the daft draws (through oyr fault or that of incomepetent refs) to wins we'd be challenging for the league. Arguably we should have taken full points from Celtic away, Hearts away Killie away and Motherwell at home.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Finally, finally a Hibs manager who's up to the job. This is what our 20k+ stadium was built for.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I will give credit where it was due, I've gave him some stick in the past and was 50/50 on him, but the signings in January have proved to be a masterstroke and missing piece of the puzzle, we are a complete team at the moment and it's down to lots of hard work by everyone

I picked this up from Kickback but it's worth repeating.

We already have 3 more points than they managed in their 1st season back up. They secured their total with no us and no Rangers and the pre Rodgers Celtic.

That's an impressive feat by us and we'll end up with a higher total yet.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will give credit where it was due, I've gave him some stick in the past and was 50/50 on him, but the signings in January have proved to be a masterstroke and missing piece of the puzzle, we are a complete team at the moment and it's down to lots of hard work by everyone
    Much as I like(d) Stokesy, I always felt another player could come in a fill his void. Players come and go and no one is totally irreplacable. What I will say is this, what Lennon has done in his short spell with us is unmeasurable. It cannot be underestimated.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

We already have 3 more points than they managed in their 1st season back up. They secured their total with no us and no Rangers and the pre Rodgers Celtic.

Hearts got 65 in their 1st season back, we’re on 62, but will pass that no problem
    You’re right about the level of the league this season, v the league they played in 3 years ago

Fantastic manager.
    How long can we keep him?
    Anther season or two, win something ?
    Let's hope it's longer

Getting rid of your 2 top scorers in January is unheard of but it’s reallt paid off.

A team together with more quality than we could have imagined.

He inherited a realy solid base but where he has taken this team is very impressive. Been a supporter for many a season and the quality from 2nd to 5th is as good as i can remember and we are the form club in the top 6. Was never a Lennon fan until know, very impressive manager and glad to call him our own.

I’d pay double for my ST next season just to see Lennon and the current squad together for another season. A ****ing joy to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I’d pay double for my ST next season just to see Lennon and the current squad together for another season. A ****ing joy to watch.
    I would also. Unreal team.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Steady

I was critical of Lennon getting his tactics wrong against Celtc in the League Cup semi final when we sat back for the first half, but he showed today that he will learn from his mistakes and the decision to press Celtc was the key to victory.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Loved this comment on The Bears Den today "Lennon, character and personality wise, is the type of manager we need". I agree with the Sevconian though most of their neathanderals on the forum can't see past their bigotry to understand what the guy is saying..
    Last edited by Is It On....; 21-04-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Getting rid of your 2 top scorers in January is unheard of but it’s reallt paid off.

A team together with more quality than we could have imagined.
    He earned all his wages with that move. He took a risk and it has worked.

The man is a winner. If he stays for a few seasons then he may well top Turnbull as our best manager in my lifetime. Better start thinking of a name for his team.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!

I just don't get this Rodgers thing..any descent manager can beat everyone with 10x the budget.

His european record shows he's not that great!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I was critical of Lennon getting his tactics wrong against Celtc in the League Cup semi final when we sat back for the first half, but he showed today that he will learn from his mistakes and the decision to press Celtc was the key to victory.
    Wasn't just pressing Celtic that won us the game. The Hibs players were brave in possession, able to retain it under pressure, pick a pass and try things. The 2nd goal was a great example. Any team can be hardworking. Hibs showed huge amounts of self-belief, skill and teamwork to take Celtic on at their own game and came out winners. That's all Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    I just don't get this Rodgers thing..any descent manager can beat everyone with 10x the budget.

His european record shows he's not that great!
    He's made Celtic far more dominant donestically though. 3 domestic defeats in 2 seasons. Delia had 8 league defeats in the same timeframe and managed 1 League Cup.

Rodgers has inproved them.

Left by mutual consent!
    He's made Celtic far more dominant donestically though. 3 domestic defeats in 2 seasons. Delia had 8 league defeats in the same timeframe and managed 1 League Cup.

Rodgers has inproved them.
    And where did Delia come from and where is he now?

Delias record is hardly a comparison.when he was classed as a terrible manager.

And where did Delia come from and where is he now?

Delias record is hardly a comparison.when he was classed as a terrible manager.
    I'm sorry but I'm totally confused as to what your point is or was.

When Lenny goes, that's it. So let's enjoy it while we can. 55 years of supporting Hibs says it's ups and downs, folks.

Left by mutual consent!
    Its always pointed out how great Rodgers is!
    I cannot understand where that has been shown.

Its always pointed out how great Rodgers is!
    I cannot understand where that has been shown.
    I think their undefeated season last year is proof of his ability as a manager, particularly given it was done using mostly players that had been there under Delia.

His achievements this season are more in line with expectations given their financial advantage over everyone else, including their fellow Ugly Sister.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

First Team Breakthrough BigT-Hibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68

Great manager - always said it