hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul Hanlon best CH in Scottish football. By miles.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Paul Hanlon best CH in Scottish football. By miles.
    Agree totally underscore

Any change to your poor pre match comments on Whitaker?

Great game, performance and result on a beautiful sunny afternoon. Sets us up nicely. We’ll remember that one. Stevenson man of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Agree totally underscore

Any change to your poor pre match comments on Whitaker?
    He did ok. But I was never comfortable with him there. Distributing was very poor. Lennon on his case

@hibs.net private member
    Just watching the match again on the recording from BT Sport.... interesting to see they thought we started as a 442 with Swanson on the left of midfield.

We definitely played a 352 today with Danny playing Attacking MF.... pretty surprised by BT as they are usually on the ball with formations and stats etc.

Love watching recordings after seeing it love.... especially cos I sit in the east.. so seeing it from the West is like watching a different match.

GGTTH

He did ok. But I was never comfortable with him there. Distributing was very poor. Lennon on his case
    That's very harsh...I was myself critical of Whitty earlier in season but since he's come back he's been very solid including today. There were no failures in team today and Whittaker more than played his part

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Brilliant performance today. Celtic didn't play badly but we were brilliant. Not buying into all this "celtic lay down" nonsense. Yes, I'm sure their dream scenario is to win the league in front of the huns but they are proffessionals and Rogers is a very professional manager, theres no danger he set them out today to do anything other than win.

Great day all round and a massive 3 points but the job is far from over. We've proven that on our day we can beat anyone in the league so lets use that confidence to kick on in what is turning out to be an exciting end to the season.

First Team Breakthrough
    Got caught sleeping with a quick McGeogh free kick in the first half, but like the rest of the defence he came onto a solid game in the second half.

Yesssss Hibeeeees!!!!

Next year The SPL is ours!!!

Penny's dropping with some on Kickback

16 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:
    All petty rivalries aside, Hibs have done well against the OF this season and will probably strengthen again in the summer. I think they will challenge in all 3 competitions next season and we have to be in a position to get closer to them next season. It means changing the mentality at the club and adding players that CAN run in addition to providing quality in the middle of the park.

shaun.lawson

Correct.

Some rather sad and pathetic posts on this thread tbh. Some Hearts fans still seem to think it's 2012. It's not.

"Love-in"? A love-in would've involved Hibs laying down for their hooped masters Instead, they played well and won the game. Like they've played well repeatedly against Celtic and Rangers all season long.

I hate to break it to some folk, but Hibs aren't what, for so long, we thought of as "Hibs" any more. They got the monkey off their backs by winning the Scottish Cup. Then they came back up; now they're challenging for 2nd, as Lennon said they would; and we've won one game out of 11 against them. They're basically doing what we should be doing - and they're doing it by playing very good football, and despite Stokes having done his level best to **** them up mid-season.

Hearts fans should be furious about this development. Good to see that many are. Sad to see some trying to explain it by thinking it must all be down to some incestuous relationship between them and Celtic. Bluntly, we're in no position to laugh at them until we get our own house in order. 16 points behind them on a slightly bigger budget is embarrassing. And no amount of comfort blankets about 5-1, 22 in a row or anything else will change that.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Just watching the match again on the recording from BT Sport.... interesting to see they thought we started as a 442 with Swanson on the left of midfield.

We definitely played a 352 today with Danny playing Attacking MF.... pretty surprised by BT as they are usually on the ball with formations and stats etc.

Love watching recordings after seeing it love.... especially cos I sit in the east.. so seeing it from the West is like watching a different match.

GGTTH
    Admittedly i missed the first 20 mins due to ticket kok-up with hibs, i would say we played a 442 with a narrow diamond in midfield - mcgeouch deep, boyle right, super john left and swanson in the no 10 position?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Admittedly i missed the first 20 mins due to ticket kok-up with hibs, i would say we played a 442 with a narrow diamond in midfield - mcgeouch deep, boyle right, super john left and swanson in the no 10 position?
    Looked more like a back 3 to me but was very “fluid” in that it was dependent on whether we had the ball or not and one of the centre half’s stepping out to pick up the likes of Rogic or McGregor

@hibs.net private member
    nah. definitely a back three.... as others have said though - the fluidity of the team with and without the ball is important to how we play

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Looked more like a back 3 to me but was very “fluid” in that it was dependent on whether we had the ball or not and one of the centre half’s stepping out to pick up the likes of Rogic or McGregor
    Fair dos 🖒 and i agree our fluidity at the back has been a strength this season, it suits both hanlon and ambrose so well.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    nah. definitely a back three.... as others have said though - the fluidity of the team with and without the ball is important to how we play
    Sorry mate, cant multi-quote! Fair dos 🖒

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by YehButNoBut View Post
    Penny's dropping with some on Kickback

16 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:
    All petty rivalries aside, Hibs have done well against the OF this season and will probably strengthen again in the summer. I think they will challenge in all 3 competitions next season and we have to be in a position to get closer to them next season. It means changing the mentality at the club and adding players that CAN run in addition to providing quality in the middle of the park.

shaun.lawson

Correct.

Some rather sad and pathetic posts on this thread tbh. Some Hearts fans still seem to think it's 2012. It's not.

"Love-in"? A love-in would've involved Hibs laying down for their hooped masters Instead, they played well and won the game. Like they've played well repeatedly against Celtic and Rangers all season long.

I hate to break it to some folk, but Hibs aren't what, for so long, we thought of as "Hibs" any more. They got the monkey off their backs by winning the Scottish Cup. Then they came back up; now they're challenging for 2nd, as Lennon said they would; and we've won one game out of 11 against them. They're basically doing what we should be doing - and they're doing it by playing very good football, and despite Stokes having done his level best to **** them up mid-season.

Hearts fans should be furious about this development. Good to see that many are. Sad to see some trying to explain it by thinking it must all be down to some incestuous relationship between them and Celtic. Bluntly, we're in no position to laugh at them until we get our own house in order. 16 points behind them on a slightly bigger budget is embarrassing. And no amount of comfort blankets about 5-1, 22 in a row or anything else will change that.

Is he no that total sad-sack who came running on here because the bad-boys on kickback wouldnt speak to him, and tried to ingratiate himself with us before flipping and doing the same thing on kickback?

Left by mutual consent!
    We have several players capable of switching play with cross field range, notably McGinn and Hanlon. Whittaker tried to do so several times, when Stevenson made himself available but found a Celtic defender instead. I think he played well otherwise.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post

GGTTH
    Looked like a back 4 from where I was, with Swanson given a free role at tip of the Diamond.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Is he no that total sad-sack who came running on here because the bad-boys on kickback wouldnt speak to him, and tried to ingratiate himself with us before flipping and doing the same thing on kickback?
    Yep, wee Shauns yer man.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

How anybody can be described as just being ok in that performance yesterday is beyond me.

Every single player was well above ok. It was an absolutely brilliant team performance.

@hibs.net private member
    Whittaker said post match he played right side of a three. Looked that way to me at the game

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    How anybody can be described as just being ok in that performance yesterday is beyond me.

Every single player was well above ok. It was an absolutely brilliant team performance.
    exactly, some people have their minds made up about players before the game has even started then dont want to look daft after the game

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

That’s the guy. His condescending rant about Hibs was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikers110 View Post
    Got caught sleeping with a quick McGeogh free kick in the first half, but like the rest of the defence he came onto a solid game in the second half.
    That was McGeouch's fault, took it quickly without looking up to see if Whittaker was ready, Whitt's was tying his boot lace, not his fault there. Whittaker played well apart from a couple of sloppy left footed diagonal passes, he's decent in the air and can slot easily into the right sided CH position.

I got to kings cross station yesterday morning just in time to see the 7.00am to Edinburgh pull out of the station,do I get the next train up? which would mean a rush and missing the first 5 or 10 minutes or do I just suffer the loss of the travel and match ticket and stay home watch it on the tv ? with it being the only time I could get to see a Hibs game because of the fixture clashes with my own team I decided to go and am I glad I did,I had a fantastic day,the team were excellent the game was exciting and a full Easter road and the support still had the same buzz about it that I had experienced at Hampden on that magical day in 2016,the last time I was up

Long may it continue

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Sleeves View Post
    I got to kings cross station yesterday morning just in time to see the 7.00am to Edinburgh pull out of the station,do I get the next train up? which would mean a rush and missing the first 5 or 10 minutes or do I just suffer the loss of the travel and match ticket and stay home watch it on the tv ? with it being the only time I could get to see a Hibs game because of the fixture clashes with my own team I decided to go and am I glad I did,I had a fantastic day,the team were excellent the game was exciting and a full Easter road and the support still had the same buzz about it that I had experienced at Hampden on that magical day in 2016,the last time I was up

Long may it continue
    Nice story

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    Doolan and Moussa must have played like Messi and Ronaldo yesterday for Kamberi not to be named in the team of the day.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Sleeves View Post

Long may it continue

Good work.

Some years ago I decided to fly up from Stansted for a Celtc match.

Missed the gate by 1 minute.

No other flights available to Edinburgh, so booked a flight to Prestwick, then missed the train from there so got a cab to Glasgow and ran for the train to Edinburgh. Nearly get arrested because I didn’t have time to buy a ticket and the station is crawling with polis who collar me trying to get out. Then another cab from Waverley.

This all cost me about £150 on top of what I’d already paid.

Arrived at ER 20 minutes late... as I arrived at my seat Celtc score their first and they went onto win 3-0.

Not a good day!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    I can't believe kamberi didn't get in that team!
    Mon the Hibs.