hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The Kenny Miller with nearly 600 games under his belt, nearly 250 goals, played here, the EPL, abroad and internationally ? The Kenny Miller who probably did what Lennon would have done and called out all those The Rangers players last weekend for putting in a horrible performance against their bitter rivals ? That Kenny Miller ?

I'll take Kenny's record and his winners mentality over some no mark on Twitter any day of the week and he'd be an absolute coup for Hibs if/when we get him

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    The Kenny Miller with nearly 600 games under his belt, nearly 250 goals, played here, the EPL, abroad and internationally ? The Kenny Miller who probably did what Lennon would have done and called out all those The Rangers players last weekend for putting in a horrible performance against their bitter rivals ? That Kenny Miller ?

I'll take Kenny's record and his winners mentality over some no mark on Twitter any day of the week and he'd be an absolute coup for Hibs if/when we get him
    It's just another Celtic troll having a go at Rangers being a new club. Yawn... The guy probably knows next to nothing about Miller.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If Miller wants regular football, he isn't going to get it with us. Can see him going to Motherwell.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    If Miller wants regular football, he isn't going to get it with us. Can see him going to Motherwell.
    I think Kenny will have got to the stage where he is accepting that he won’t be a ‘regular’ anywhere at 38. But he’s looking to his future and if he feels he’s got the money in the bank and wants to become a coach and Hibs want him then I don’t see why not, exactly the same as Whittaker.

@hibs.net private member
    Not sure he would be a good role model. He is essentially getting sacked for being disruptive. Not exactly a Stokes type but that wasn't well handled by our management team. I would far rather see Oli Shaw or Simon Murray than Kenny Miller. Both would be just as effective and may earn us a fee later. I don't think Holt did much of note in a lower league and I think Miller would be a waste of a wage too.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Not sure he would be a good role model. He is essentially getting sacked for being disruptive. Not exactly a Stokes type but that wasn't well handled by our management team. I would far rather see Oli Shaw or Simon Murray than Kenny Miller. Both would be just as effective and may earn us a fee later. I don't think Holt did much of note in a lower league and I think Miller would be a waste of a wage too.

Are you taking these reports at face value?

Even The Sun and Daily Ranger are hinting that Sevco’s account of what happened at Hampden may not be entirely truthful.

EDIT: even Graeme Murty is saying he needs to learn lessons from what happened. He seems out of his depth.
    Last edited by jacomo; 21-04-2018 at 09:27 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Are you taking these reports at face value?

Even The Sun and Daily Ranger are hinting that Sevco’s account of what happened at Hampden may not be entirely truthful.

EDIT: even Graeme Murty is saying he needs to learn lessons from what happened. He seems out of his depth.
    Murty probably is out of his depth. Maybe a wise old pro who is a good influence could have worked with him to ensure some harmony and show some solidarity. Can't be sure of what happened of course but it sounds like he spat the dummy out at something. It may have been with best intentions and out of frustration at others lack of effort or guts but either way it probably wasn't professional.

If he has done nothing wrong fair enough, I still don't think he would be a good signing for us. His stats show what he can do at 37/38 and it will only go downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    Like the reference to Miller being "Older" than the club

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    I don't want Easter Road to be a retirement home for past it players. Our development squad has just won the development league title. I'd rather see some of these lads being rewarded and encouraged before signing Miller at 38 years old.
    100%.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Like the reference to Miller being "Older" than the club

Isn’t that the whole point of the joke?

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Murty probably is out of his depth. Maybe a wise old pro who is a good influence could have worked with him to ensure some harmony and show some solidarity. Can't be sure of what happened of course but it sounds like he spat the dummy out at something. It may have been with best intentions and out of frustration at others lack of effort or guts but either way it probably wasn't professional.

If he has done nothing wrong fair enough, I still don't think he would be a good signing for us. His stats show what he can do at 37/38 and it will only go downhill from there.

Opinions about his worth to us as a player now are one thing. IMO you are right about that.

But these stories about him being a disruptive influence? Straight outta the Sevco playbook - when things go wrong, find someone to blame and lash out.

It sounds like what happened in The Rangers dressing room was no different to any team who’ve just been thumped by their biggest rivals.

The only difference is that Murty has no authority and Traynor went bleating to the media to try and deflect attention from the high command.

The people who run The Rangers are odious bullies who will lash out at anyone to cover their own backs: Hibs, Magic Hat, McInnes, Miller.