hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by WillowbraeHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't cheer for that mob at anything they do.
    This is where it's important how things are phrased - I completely agree and won't be "cheering Hearts on".

I don't "Want Hearts to win".....I want Sevco to lose.
    There's a big difference that isn't semantics and folk on here trying to present people wanting the latter as yam sympathisers are wide of the mark.

Ironically, those claiming to hate Hearts the most are doing the thing Hearts fans love to think Hibs fans do: Obsessing over them.
    The ultimate contempt and the thing they really can't stomach is when we don't care whether they get points or not because, like right now, they're so far in our rear view mirror.

They're an irrelevancy - I genuinely will not pay the slightest bit of attention to the Hearts/Celtic and, if we beat Killie next week, same for the Hearts/Killie game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    My two least favourite teams in Scottish football playing each other would normally mean I struggle to pick a winner.

However, 2moro is a no brainier for me. Whilst I won't be cheering on Hearts I hope they take the 3 points.

First Team Regular WillowbraeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    This is where it's important how things are phrased - I completely agree and won't be "cheering Hearts on".

I don't "Want Hearts to win".....I want Sevco to lose.
    There's a big difference that isn't semantics and folk on here trying to present people wanting the latter as yam sympathisers are wide of the mark.

Ironically, those claiming to hate Hearts the most are doing the thing Hearts fans love to think Hibs fans do: Obsessing over them.
    The ultimate contempt and the thing they really can't stomach is when we don't care whether they get points or not because, like right now, they're so far in our rear view mirror.

They're an irrelevancy - I genuinely will not pay the slightest bit of attention to the Hearts/Celtic and, if we beat Killie next week, same for the Hearts/Killie game.

A win win situation. Let it roll

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kdhibees1 View Post
    A win win situation. Let it roll
    I don't know if it is a win/win situation. I just want Hearts to win. A draw gives a bit of a comfort. A rangers win is just bad news.
    Mon the Hibs.

Wont be cheering for hertz but i hope they win and their hatchet men leave the huns players battered and bruised

Even if the Yams win at Mordor later (unlikely IMO), the new club would still sit ahead of Hibs on goal difference.

Final league placings could potentially come down to GD.

Cummings starting against Hearts is always gonna make them sweat.

Regardless, mon the ****bos 🤢🤢

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    well unlike yesterday i hope the team in pink wins this time around...mon the pink tinks

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Even if the Yams win at Mordor later (unlikely IMO), the new club would still sit ahead of Hibs on goal difference.

Yep.

I think if we're going to make 2nd it's going to require 4 more wins.
    Certainly not impossible but they're all going to be tough matches in different ways.

The one silver lining about GD and how far behind Sevco we are is that it makes it less likely that a draw would see us over the line in the last match against them. I'd worry we'd go out with the draw in mind which I don't think suits this team or Lennon's management approach.

Ideal scenario is a fierce contest with several players being sent off and injured, having spats with each respective manager and fans, with both teams entering administration during the match with immediate point deductions for both.
    But can't see it.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Pleasing, as they say.

PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Yep.

I think if we're going to make 2nd it's going to require 4 more wins.
    Certainly not impossible but they're all going to be tough matches in different ways.

The one silver lining about GD and how far behind Sevco we are is that it makes it less likely that a draw would see us over the line in the last match against them. I'd worry we'd go out with the draw in mind which I don't think suits this team or Lennon's management approach.
    4 wins in our next 4 games is a huge ask. Even 3 wins and a draw. But there's going to be a few twists and turns before it's all decided. Whatever the outcome Hibs have done extremely well this season.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    oh wow...looks like the govan loyal have not just walked away they've stayed away

Which would mean us matching them and then beating them on the final day would be enough.

If rangers win today, then even if we beat them they could still finish ahead of us just by matching our results in the 3 games in the middle.
    Mon the Hibs.

2-0 game over.
    Our city neighbours let us down

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Hearts are *****

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    2-0 game over.
    Our city neighbours let us down
    Maybe we should be paranoid enough to claim that they're deliberately lying down to Sevco and Aberdeen as a conspiracy against us?

However we won't claim that because we know the truth is that Hearts are not deliberately lying down, they're just not good enough to even be competitive.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Which would mean us matching them and then beating them on the final day would be enough.

If rangers win today, then even if we beat them they could still finish ahead of us just by matching our results in the 3 games in the middle.
    The huns are effectively 4 points ahead when goal difference is taken into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    The huns are effectively 4 points ahead when goal difference is taken into account.
    Which is why we want them to drop points and can't just rely on beating them at the end.

2-1 now though.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Which is why we want them to drop points and can't just rely on beating them at the end.

2-1 now though.

If Der Hun don’t get 3 points today they will lose the plot.

Mon the manky maroons.

New Huns there for the taking ... so Mr 4-6-0 sits in for draw.

No it wouldn’t be enough.Someone else has to take points off them as their goal difference is far better than ours.

4 wins in our next 4 games is a huge ask. Even 3 wins and a draw. But there's going to be a few twists and turns before it's all decided. Whatever the outcome Hibs have done extremely well this season.

Team has done superbly this season.

I can think of very few occasions that have genuinely been "Oh FFS Hibs".

Only 6 defeats and only conceded a handful more than a Potter team who's entire gameplan is not conceding by packing the defence and kicking seven bells out of the opposition.

You have to give huge credit to Lennon for a very ballsy January Window.

For League games I make it 8 wins, 3 draws and only 1 loss since then.
    (W9 D8 L5 before that)

Team has done superbly this season.

I can think of very few occasions that have genuinely been "Oh FFS Hibs".

Only 6 defeats and only conceded a handful more than a Potter team who's entire gameplan is not conceding by packing the defence and kicking seven bells out of the opposition.

You have to give huge credit to Lennon for a very ballsy January Window.

For League games I make it 8 wins, 3 draws and only 1 loss since then.
    (W9 D8 L5 before that)
    We've won 6, drawn 3 and lost none since the window shut.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    oh wow...looks like the govan loyal have not just walked away they've stayed away
    If you're not there in the first place you can never be accused of walking away. Looks like the someone's organised them not to show up today

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    No it wouldn’t be enough.Someone else has to take points off them as their goal difference is far better than ours.
    I reckon celtc might take points of them.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I know, my post was about why we'd want Hearts to win. Now it's not enough.

Next weekend could be very exciting. We just need to focus on winning our game and then hope for Hearts (unlikely) and Celtic (likely) wins.
    Mon the Hibs.

I know, my post was about why we'd want Hearts to win. Now it's not enough.

Next weekend could be very exciting. We just need to focus on winning our game and then hope for Hearts (unlikely) and Celtic (likely) wins.
    Gives you an idea of how tough it's going to be - we could wind up beating Celtic and Killie first two games after the split and still be in 4th place with only 3 to play. Bizarrely starting to think we're more likely to get past Sevco than Aberdeen despite it being on paper less likely.

Left by mutual consent!
    Damn - looks like the Muppets are actually starting to catch-on about Levein -

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....176473-levein/

'Piss poor again and a total ***** bag of a manager. I’m out until he’s away'
    '
    'Simply not good enough. Unfortunately he's already shaping next seasons squad so will be going nowhere. Can only hope he finds some balls next season'
    'It’s the Craig Levein vanity project and its failed big time. 5 season tickets not being renewed. I’ll be back when he goes but I won’t waste a further 90 mins of my life and hard earned cash for this *****'
    'I'm no even angry anymore am just no going back till the ***** away'

But for me, the best one (so far) is -

'Maybe Gary MacKay was right about Dens Park'

Hopefully the 'special'() relationship that exists between Budge and Levein is enough to ensure that Levein gets at least one more season - no team deserves him more !
    Last edited by Deansy; 22-04-2018 at 02:31 PM.