hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As I already said if we win our games we will finish in a European spot. Aberdeen and rangers are 3 ahead. We beat both we go level on points, they both play each other second last game so either or both will drop points and that would mean, if we win our games we would be in a European spot. So we clearly don't need hearts to win ANY game. If they were to draw then so be it, if they were to win so be it; but actively wanting your rivals to win doesn't sit well with me
    you've lost it mate. We will need help from others 100% as we will not take 15 from 15......

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    'The way football should be' is that the interests of your team should come first no matter what.

If the fixture list was different and Hearts beating Rangers meant we were guaranteed a European spot, you'd still want them to get beat? Weird.
    "If the fixture list was different". But it's not. What's your point?

Answer me this; if we win all our remaining games will we qualify for Europe? Yes. So explain how we NEED hearts to win?

@hibs.net private member

Answer me this; if we win all our remaining games will we qualify for Europe? Yes. So explain how we NEED hearts to win?
    Yes we will get Europe if that happens.

Now answer this: do you think we will win all our remaining fixtures??

That’s the point most are making, we won’t so we WILL need help from other teams, i.e Herts, get over it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I want what is best for Hibs. If that involves Hearts winning then so be it.
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Yes we will get Europe if that happens.

Now answer this: do you think we will win all our remaining fixtures??

That’s the point most are making, we won’t so we WILL need help from other teams, i.e Herts, get over it.

If we beat Celtic on Saturday why can't we win the remaining 4 games? We've got the beating of the rest. Also, Aberdeen and rangers need to
    Go to Celtic park twice. Neither will win there and also killie could take points off both so I'm still not sure why you think we need hearts to win their games.

So would you want them to win in a 'decider' situation yes? Because your logic suggests otherwise. Then why not want them to win on Sunday?

My point as well as others' is that Hearts taking three points on Sunday is a massive boost to our hopes of getting into Europe.

No one has said we NEED them to win, clearly we don't. But wanting Rangers to gain three points on us is baffling.

Draw will do just fine.

It's all about Hibs. Hearts beating The Rangers is better for us = I want them to beat The Rangers. Simple. I'm pretty sure someone said Hearts were "irrelevant to us"...well, they are but they become relevant again when playing our biggest league position rivals.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    If we beat Celtic on Saturday why can't we win the remaining 4 games? We've got the beating of the rest. Also, Aberdeen and rangers need to
    Go to Celtic park twice. Neither will win there and also killie could take points off both so I'm still not sure why you think we need hearts to win their games.
    But we're not guaranteed to win our games, so Hearts picking up points in their games gives us a better chance that whatever points tally we do get will be better than that of Rangers/Aberdeen/Killie.
    Mon the Hibs.

I want them to win so much I've dug out my "special mittens" and stopped brushing my teeth.

******* madness that anyone would want anything other than a Hearts win on Sunday just because they are our city rivals.

They are totally irrelevant this season in the grand scheme of things and they are playing against a team that we need to make up points against over the next 5 games.

A Hearts win could go a long way to securing a European place for Hibs next season. Why anyone wouldn't want them to win is completely beyond me. It's so short sighted, it's unreal.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    I would never cheer for a Hear7s win on Sunday but I'm more than happy to cheer for a Sevco defeat.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I want them to win so much I've dug out my "special mittens" and stopped brushing my teeth.
    I’ve been perusing Rovers on the internet.

United we stand here....

Do Hearts fans even want themselves to win?

“Cheering for” isn’t a term I would use. But as others have stated, I want whatever results are in our best interest.

Also, I hate rangers more than anyone in the world.. including hearts.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    ******* madness that anyone would want anything other than a Hearts win on Sunday just because they are our city rivals.

They are totally irrelevant this season in the grand scheme of things and they are playing against a team that we need to make up points against over the next 5 games.

A Hearts win could go a long way to securing a European place for Hibs next season. Why anyone wouldn't want them to win is completely beyond me. It's so short sighted, it's unreal.

I wan't Hearts to win but i certainly won't be 'cheering' for them to win. I hope they limp over the line with numerous injuries and a couple of red cards to boot

As I already said if we win our games we will finish in a European spot. Aberdeen and rangers are 3 ahead. We beat both we go level on points, they both play each other second last game so either or both will drop points and that would mean, if we win our games we would be in a European spot. So we clearly don't need hearts to win ANY game. If they were to draw then so be it, if they were to win so be it; but actively wanting your rivals to win doesn't sit well with me
    Well said that man. My thoughts exactly. Can never see an instance where I would want hertz to win a game. A draw would be just a good, but don't care about them at all.

First Team Breakthrough BigT-Hibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68
    Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    I sympathize but have some mixed feelings. If Rangers does win that game, and we take some points off Celtic on Saturday, then Celtic gets to win the league in the face of about 8000 Rangers fans, which, as well as ensuring this is Not Rangers' month, will also get it right up Police Scotland, who dicked everyone in Scottish Football around for a week trying to stop that very thing happening. That would be somewhat pleasing.

Still, on balance, it's better for Hibs if Rangers are denied those three points, and probably if Aberdeen/Killie draw (Killie will be all-guns blazing the week after if Celtic beats us and they're within 3 points of us).
    You mean Police Glasgow?

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Yes absolute no brainer whatever suits Hibs best. Bizarre there is even a discussion about this.

No it's not.

Them winning one game out of five guarantees them nothing.

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    Feel dirty saying this, and I can make a point that I hope as many red cards and injuries for both sides happen, but I have to say, I hope they win!

The hun implosion would be so spectacular, and put us in good stead for 2nd.
    hate the farts but detest the jaffas so hope the farts do them over 4 zip then sevco sack 2 more players

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    If we were to grab 2nd (or 3rd) by a point or 2 after hertz deny their big brothers 3 pts, they'd be spewing. They couldn't even try the 'If it wisnae fur us...' line, because the points we've taken from them has contributed to us being in a position to challenge for 2nd. In their own sweet way, they've already helped us.

Hertz win please

I always want Celtc, Hearts and Sevco to lose all their games so it's very tricky when two of them are playing each other.

But since it is more in Hibs interests that Sevco lose this weekend than that Hearts lose, a Sevco defeat is my preferred outcome.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Well said that man. My thoughts exactly. Can never see an instance where I would want hertz to win a game. A draw would be just a good, but don't care about them at all.
    It’s not about wanting Hearts to win. It’s about what the best outcome is for Hibs.

As it stands today we need The Rangers to drop points at least twice (including us beating them) to catch them. And that’s based on us winning all five games which, realistically, I don’t think we will. We need them to drop as many points as possible and I really don’t care who it’s against.

Won't ever cheer the Hertz to win a game,just not right!

However, if they do manage to turn over the currant buns I wouldn't say no to it 😊
    What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I want Hibs to win and Hearts to lose because they are our rivals and that's the way football should be and has been for years and years
    That's pretty small minded in the grand scheme of things

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    No it's not.

Them winning one game out of five guarantees them nothing.
    Hearts beating Rangers doesn't help Hibs, really.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    It does. Really.

We effectively need to make up four points in just five games due to Sevco's superior goal difference. Any points that they get makes life harder for us, so anything that stops them getting points is beneficial.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Hearts are just making up the numbers in the top 6, so I’m backing them against everyone else.

The truth though is that we are the only fixture they care about and they’ll chuck the rest.

@hibs.net private member
    Nothing to do with wanting Hearts to win. But I definitely want The Rangers to get beat