hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't want us to "bring him back" on this occasion but I completely agree with you about the professional he obviously is.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    I can understand why folk wouldn’t want him now. For me he’d be a squad player but if he didn’t come here it wouldn’t bother me. Do think he’d be good for the younger guys though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

As I said on another thread I hope Glasgow's finest are trawling through video footage to identify and bring to book the participants in these shenanigans.

If suspension of employees is justified it certainly wasn't a civilised exchange of views and reports of head butting are certainly worth looking into.

I await Mr Traynor's statement with anticipation.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Has anyone figured out how this cunning plan is supposed to work? It was exactly the same with Barrie McKay - RB Leipzig poised to swoop in with a £6M bid, only RB L when asked say, "who?" Then they end up selling him to Forest for less than a tenth of that. They just look (even more) stupid. I don't get it.
    I'd hazard a guess at fake news to generate fake (then maybe some genuine interest here in the UK) - I'd wager they thought maybe a struggling Southampton, West Brom or even a mid Championship team going for the play-off spots would weigh in with a £2-£3 million offer and they could then accept and use the 'player didn't fancy China' excuse if pressed about turning down such money............

Either way the fact both players are still at The Rangers, neither have left for significant money, and both stories were created in the Daily Record should tell you all you need to know..........rather than be fed succulent lamb they are being fed chopped pork and ham

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Any idea of the amount of injuries and whether Jabba the Traynor has made a statement?

Was it worse that the 1980 Cup Final?

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Shaw's position and development at Hibs is not under threat though, far from it, Lennon and the management team have been excellent in giving him opportunities at the right time and in the right games. If anything we will see more from him next season as he continues to progress well. But he does need an experienced striker (like Kenny Miller) to show him how to play in this league and at this level (and beyond). Indeed, Flo and JM are both young and would benefit too.

You cannot underestimate experience and if he was free, available, and wanted to come to Hibs for the right reasons then it's a no-brainer for a season or two.

If miller comes in who's place on the bench is he taking? And if he's not on the bench then what's the point? Surely we already have a good enough coaching staff and if he was on the playing staff too surely it's a waste of a wage that could be better spent elsewhere

Levein will want wallace....i also noticed that he's getting business done early and made a few cough top drawer cough signings

Miller has performed to a very high standard throughout his career and was Rangers' best player last season.

He's not done as well this season, and at his age there will now be reasonable questions asked as to whether or not he's past it - I genuinely don't know if he is or not.

I don't agree with cheerleaders sitting on the bench, players coming in need to be able to contribute.

But he's always been a good lad and kept himself in great shape (he recovered very quickly from that nasty injury against us in December).

I'd be open to him joining us.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    We signed Grant Holt
    Hopefully exactly the sort of signing BlackpoolHibs talks about us being “past”.

Miller is not required on journey.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    No would need to be within a transfer window.
    Don’t think that’s correct. If his contract was terminated, he’d be a free agent and could sign for anyone.

We did it when Darren was released. Signed him up immediately and it’s done us no harm. OK, a bit younger but nevertheless was definitely a win, win for us.

As for Kenny? What harm would it do to sign him up for the final 5 games as back up to Flo, Jamie & Oli? As has been said, if he knows that’s all it is from a playing perspective, the coaching side of it could prove invaluable. Whether or not the coaching role continues beyond this season? Well, who knows!!

As it now seems, Kenny has been suspended as well (reported on Reporting Scotland at lunchtime), it’s unlikely any of this speculation will come about. Unless Kenny forces the issue and personally pushes on with his contact being terminated early as suggested in the original Sun article.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Don’t think that’s correct. If his contract was terminated, he’d be a free agent and could sign for anyone.

We did it when Darren was released. Signed him up immediately and it’s done us no harm. OK, a bit younger but nevertheless was definitely a win, win for us.

As for Kenny? What harm would it do to sign him up for the final 5 games as back up to Flo, Jamie & Oli? As has been said, if he knows that’s all it is from a playing perspective, the coaching side of it could prove invaluable. Whether or not the coaching role continues beyond this season? Well, who knows!!

As it now seems, Kenny has been suspended as well (reported on Reporting Scotland at lunchtime), it’s unlikely any of this speculation will come about. Unless Kenny forces the issue and personally pushes on with his contact being terminated early as suggested in the original Sun article.
    Das was within a transfer window, Miller could not be registered right now

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post

He can’t sign for anyone until the window opens and hopefully it’s not us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion we could do with an experienced striker to complement our young forwards for next season. Of course, Lenny might already have someone else in mind who fits that role (or perhaps will think we don't need an old head up front at all) but to me bringing Miller in would be a great move. People have been writing him off for years (and as recently as December it was rumoured his career was over after the injury), but he keeps proving them wrong and is a terrific professional who still has something to offer at this level.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fingers crossed he signs for them . St Johnstone are an aging striker short for next season:)
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    No idea why anyone would want Miller at Hibs now. Past it.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Snake Mountain.

Castle Greyskull is the ancestoral home of He-Man. Although, and I had to look this up, Skeletor was always trying to take it over and supposedly did for a time.

I guess that is where the confusion stems from.

Lets be honest, Castle Greyskull is a crap name for a good guy's gaff so it works in any case.
    I bow to your superior He Man knowledge:)
    Might need to find out where the Orcs from the lord of the rings called home :) edit it’s middle earth . That my new name for ipox:)
    Last edited by erin go bragh; 17-04-2018 at 05:20 PM.
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Always scratched my head at that one - Castle Greyskull was He-Man’s - a good place...
    I always assumed it was Skeletor's crib. Looks fit for a Hun regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    I bow to your superior He Man knowledge:)
    Might need to find out where the Orcs from the lord of the rings called home :) edit it’s middle earth . That my new name for ipox:)
    Middle Earth was home to all the dudes; humans, hobbits, elves,dwarves, goblins, orcs and trolls etc.

Mordor is the name of the specifically evil - and smelly - place where the Orcs abide.

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Why would we want Kenny bloody Miller in this squad, he's finished?

And how do we know he'd be such a good mentor for our youngsters, and do we not have coaches for this already?

He's finished, and the last thing we need is another washed up has been at the club, we are past signing these types now.
    Agree absolutely, anyone who has a link to Hibs always has to be linked with a return. I would rather we source younger talent and proven coaches. it's a bit like the constant managerial merry-go-round which was prevalent until a couple of years ago in Scotland as a whole - instead of thinking outside the box we go for what we know and consequently we end up with the same as we had and everything stagnates - Hibs have been one of the exceptions to that happily.

Left by mutual consent!
    Dear Mr Traynor can we have a statement please, if ever one was required its tonight we are all wanting a right good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Why would we want Kenny bloody Miller in this squad, he's finished?

And how do we know he'd be such a good mentor for our youngsters, and do we not have coaches for this already?

He's finished, and the last thing we need is another washed up has been at the club, we are past signing these types now.
    Naw he’s from Portobelly

Whatever happened between Murty and Miller and Wallace, it's very pleasing to note there must be discord behind the scenes and in the dressing room at Mordor. It can't do anything for morale.

As far as Hibs signing Kenny Miller is concerned, that would be a mistake IMHO. My guess is, at 38 years of age, Miller might possibly be of interest to HOMFC.

If we could help Miller get in to coaching and he combined both player and coach role on the same salary as oli Shaw then it is a yes from me

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Dear Mr Traynor can we have a statement please, if ever one was required its tonight we are all wanting a right good laugh.

Club 1872 are trying their best (see meltdown thread) but they aren’t as good at it as fat Jim.

If Miller is released from his contract this or next week then he could sign for anyone and you've just got to know that if Lenny signs him it would be to wind up the Thes to a pitch of frenzy...and that he would come on in the last game 5 minutes from the end and slot home the winner that consigned them to 5th place. Karma baby.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    Middle Earth was home to all the dudes; humans, hobbits, elves,dwarves, goblins, orcs and trolls etc.

Mordor is the name of the specifically evil - and smelly - place where the Orcs abide.
    Mordor it is then :)
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    If Miller is released from his contract this or next week then he could sign for anyone and you've just got to know that if Lenny signs him it would be to wind up the Thes to a pitch of frenzy...and that he would come on in the last game 5 minutes from the end and slot home the winner that consigned them to 5th place. Karma baby.
    He cant play for anyone until next season because he was under contract when the window closed.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Das was within a transfer window, Miller could not be registered right now
    That is of course right. Forgot it was transfer window and was thinking more about the fact Darren was released and we snapped him up next day, which could happen to Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    As for the potential Miller situation, I genuinely thought if he was to be sacked (effectively no contract), he would be free to sign for anyone. Didn’t realise he would have to wait until window opens before he could sign up with a club. I guess my mind was thinking along the lines that a player can sign up out with the window if he’s not registered with any club. Would that not be Miller’s position if he was immediately sacked?

Don’t get me wrong. I am not advocating that Miller should be a long term player signing. Short term for 5 games might have benefited us though.

Transfer regulations eh? A minefield.
    Now would someone be good egg and explain the offside rule to me please? I’d be eternally grateful!!
    Last edited by hibby6270; 17-04-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    It was him! (pinched from Facebook)
    That is brilliant 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    If Carlsberg did "wind up signings"...😂