hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    If he's sacked.. Could we bring him in before the end of the season?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he's sacked.. Could we bring him in before the end of the season?
    No would need to be within a transfer window.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    According to many of the orcs I have the occasional misfortune to work with, KM has been instrumental in undermining the manager. He has been a constant thorn in their side recently with the 'I know better than you' patter, and has created his own little clique within Ibrox. One of them referred to him and his clique as being a David Koresh. That one had me doubled up.

I have no idea if there is any truth in this, maybe the orcs forums might have a view.

Wow. They just love to trash one of their own don’t they?

Dressing rooms are full of testosterone and big egos. I can’t believe KM is any worse than any other senior player who is getting riled by bad results.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Why would we want Kenny bloody Miller in this squad, he's finished?

And how do we know he'd be such a good mentor for our youngsters, and do we not have coaches for this already?

He's finished, and the last thing we need is another washed up has been at the club, we are past signing these types now.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

And how do we know he'd be such a good mentor for our youngsters, and do we not have coaches for this already?

He's finished, and the last thing we need is another washed up has been at the club, we are past signing these types now.
    We signed Grant Holt

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

He’s not finished, he’s only 38..........

Seriously though, I think he’s looked good the times I’ve seen him this season, as long as we were signing him as a squad player I think he’d have a lot to offer.

Folk wanting to replace Kamberi, MacLaren and Shaw with a 38 year old striker

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    We signed Grant Holt
    Aye and he scored about as many goals in the championship as Miller has scored in the SPFL, we are better than that now.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Seriously though, I think he’s looked good the times I’ve seen him this season, as long as we were signing him as a squad player I think he’d have a lot to offer.
    He's someone who runs about a lot, we want and need better than him now, and will be looking at better surely than someone who is that old and way past his best.

There are better players than him available in our price range now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT-Hibeez View Post
    Heroin.. You burn it on a spoon to make a liquid for injecting
    Ah an expect I see😈

Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    Folk wanting to replace Kamberi, MacLaren and Shaw with a 38 year old striker
    Where has anyone said that??

He's been their best forward when used this season and must wonder how Morelos gets on the pitch before him. No wonder he's lost it with Murty.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    He's been their best forward when used this season and must wonder how Morelos gets on the pitch before him. No wonder he's lost it with Murty.
    Morelos doesn’t even want to be there, that says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    He's not going to get a move to a better team on his showing so far.

Coaching Staff
    Didn't help when The The's made up the Chinese offer TC

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    He's not going to get a move to a better team on his showing so far.
    Completely agree, had to laugh when the media or should I say the Daily Ranger were saying The Rangers rejected £9m for him 😂

Exactly!! I don’t think anyone believed them except their delusional knuckle dragging fans.

We signed Grant Holt
    Grant Holt was brought in to do a job on horrible pitches and that was to win fouls, get us up the park and be a foil for Cummings. He done a good job and done a lot of unappreciated work on the park. He was never going to be a long term solution. Now we are back in the top flight I'd rather take a chance on shaw than sign miller.

Where has anyone said that??
    So what do people want ?

To sit on the bench as a cheerleader ?

No thanks, a pointless signing who is just being glorified because he is a decent guy and who used to play for us

Has anyone figured out how this cunning plan is supposed to work? It was exactly the same with Barrie McKay - RB Leipzig poised to swoop in with a £6M bid, only RB L when asked say, "who?" Then they end up selling him to Forest for less than a tenth of that. They just look (even more) stupid. I don't get it.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm finding the fact that our intrepid media have managed to get the low-down on all these internal squabbles at 'Greyskull' a bit suspicious - our media isn't exactly famous for printing 'Bad news' about the Hun !. It's well known Traynor/Huns use the media as and when they like so I'm finding all of this 'scandal' a bit off. I just don't trust them - an example -

'The powers-that-be believe the manager has been undermined and have decided to take action'

Really ? - So what was King's statement earlier on in the week - wasn't exactly a 'Vote of confidrence' was it ?

'King said: 'Whoever is appointed must be able to meet the unique challenges of managing Rangers and ensuring IMMEDIATE success. It is a priority that we commence next season with the best appointment we can make, and that we move forward rapidly'

So if Miller's getting sacked because he undermined Murty, shouldn't their board also be sacking King ?. Right now the Huns are down and out !. They've just been humped again by the team they hate the most, their current squad (imho) is keech, there's no magic-wand to conjure up any money to buy their way out of their current predicament (like they used to for decades !) so what can they do ?. I DO think something's happened but I don't think it'll be anywhere near as bad as it's being reported - I honestly believe these stories could be the Huns way of trying to build a wee bit of 'Siege-mentality' into their team - trying to get all the players to stand together against all the nasty people who want them to fail - IE the entire country !

So what do people want ?

No thanks, a pointless signing who is just being glorified because he is a decent guy and who used to play for us
    I think most are saying a squad player/coaching role. I certainly wouldn’t want him over Kamberi or McLaren. Some players have more influence than just sitting on a bench.

Again it’s not me picking the team or transfer targets that’s Lennons job. If he thinks he can do a job I’m behind him, if he’s not interested that fine with me too.

So what do people want ?

Maybe 3 or 4 years ago. Definitely not now.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Grant Holt was brought in to do a job on horrible pitches and that was to win fouls, get us up the park and be a foil for Cummings. He done a good job and done a lot of unappreciated work on the park. He was never going to be a long term solution. Now we are back in the top flight I'd rather take a chance on shaw than sign miller.
    Shaw's position and development at Hibs is not under threat though, far from it, Lennon and the management team have been excellent in giving him opportunities at the right time and in the right games. If anything we will see more from him next season as he continues to progress well. But he does need an experienced striker (like Kenny Miller) to show him how to play in this league and at this level (and beyond). Indeed, Flo and JM are both young and would benefit too.

You cannot underestimate experience and if he was free, available, and wanted to come to Hibs for the right reasons then it's a no-brainer for a season or two.

Lee McCulloch breaks ranks:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43794303

I wonder if Der Hun will try and smear him now too?

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    I'm finding the fact that our intrepid media have managed to get the low-down on all these internal squabbles at 'Greyskull' a bit suspicious - our media isn't exactly famous for printing 'Bad news' about the Hun !. It's well known Traynor/Huns use the media as and when they like so I'm finding all of this 'scandal' a bit off. I just don't trust them - an example -

'The powers-that-be believe the manager has been undermined and have decided to take action'

Really ? - So what was King's statement earlier on in the week - wasn't exactly a 'Vote of confidrence' was it ?

'King said: 'Whoever is appointed must be able to meet the unique challenges of managing Rangers and ensuring IMMEDIATE success. It is a priority that we commence next season with the best appointment we can make, and that we move forward rapidly'

So if Miller's getting sacked because he undermined Murty, shouldn't their board also be sacking King ?. Right now the Huns are down and out !. They've just been humped again by the team they hate the most, their current squad (imho) is keech, there's no magic-wand to conjure up any money to buy their way out of their current predicament (like they used to for decades !) so what can they do ?. I DO think something's happened but I don't think it'll be anywhere near as bad as it's being reported - I honestly believe these stories could be the Huns way of trying to build a wee bit of 'Siege-mentality' into their team - trying to get all the players to stand together against all the nasty people who want them to fail - IE the entire country !

It’s obvious that The Rangers are leaking this stuff to the media.

The journos are leaving clues in their copy (complete lack of quotes or witnesses??) but are being a bit subtle. They should call the club out on it.

Left by mutual consent!
    While we have 2 strikers who are doing well and not actually our players that is were any funds need to be going.

Coaching Staff
    So what do people want ?

You must be a politician, you didn't answer the question, merely asked another one.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    How can you compare Kenny to Stokes? One has been professional throughout his career, the other is currently awol. Trust me Kenny hasn’t got an attitude problem that’s the last thing you could say about him.
    I don't want us to "bring him back" on this occasion but I completely agree with you about the professional he obviously is.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by midfield_maestro View Post
    The most amazing thing I have heard in all this is that Andy Halliday is 26! Looked about 10 years older on Sunday
    That's gotta be his IQ?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby