hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar

2018/19 Dot Count - 760 Season Ticket Seats

Just tallied up the number of free "dots" in the West, East, and South stands - on my watch it totals 760 (28 South, 210 East, and 522 West). If we take off the South (which I believe holds 3,943) and say 500 for press / directors / corporate hospitality in the West then that means at the moment we have in the region of 15k "active" season ticket holders.

Even if we were to lose 5% of that due to non-renewals I think we are in pretty good shape to break all season ticket records for next term.

2. Log in to remove the advert

certainly looks very promising, if even your 5% is dropped. I suppose folk will looking to move seats but still want to retain ST's. I look fwd to the day when they have to introduce even a' b' ST, so people can have their own seat in the Dunbar end but need to vacate for Derbies only.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just tallied up the number of free "dots" in the West, East, and South stands - on my watch it totals 760 (28 South, 210 East, and 522 West). If we take off the South (which I believe holds 3,943) and say 500 for press / directors / corporate hospitality in the West then that means at the moment we have in the region of 15k "active" season ticket holders.

Even if we were to lose 5% of that due to non-renewals I think we are in pretty good shape to break all season ticket records for next term.
    Presume you mean North (FF) stand and not South stand?

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Presume you mean North (FF) stand and not South stand?
    Yes I do - eyes were knackered after counting too many dots!

The Hertz season ticket thread is fantastic reading .... inevitably comparisons are being made to us and every Kickback myth regarding Easter Road attendances is being trotted out, including that we have thousands of working age adults getting in with kids and concession STs and my personal favourite about us giving literally thousands of free tickets away to school kids for every game and counting them in the attendance even if they don't show up

There is a bit of reluctant acknowledgment from a few that Hibs are working really hard ( certainly harder than Hearts ) to attract Edinburgh's young fans, but that inevitably attracts the ostriches saying they will 'always' be better supported than us ...... A wee delve into the history of football rivalries shows that being the older club ( in their case by one year ) doesn't mean you will always be the better supported club, just ask Dundee, The Rangers, Everton or Bristol Rovers to name but a few examples.

If they continue to bury their heads in the sand and fail to realise that Hibs are actively targeting future supporters ( probably one of the first things Leeann Dempster identified as an aim when she walked through the door ) then they will wake up one day to find that we have indeed taken over as the best supported club in the city ..... I'm willing to bet that we are already closer to them than we were two or three decades ago.

Hibs are the cooler and more appealing club to youngsters

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    The Hertz season ticket thread is fantastic reading .... inevitably comparisons are being made to us and every Kickback myth regarding Easter Road attendances is being trotted out, including that we have thousands of working age adults getting in with kids and concession STs and my personal favourite about us giving literally thousands of free tickets away to school kids for every game and counting them in the attendance even if they don't show up

There is a bit of reluctant acknowledgment from a few that Hibs are working really hard ( certainly harder than Hearts ) to attract Edinburgh's young fans, but that inevitably attracts the ostriches saying they will 'always' be better supported than us ...... A wee delve into the history of football rivalries shows that being the older club ( in their case by one year ) doesn't mean you will always be the better supported club, just ask Dundee, The Rangers, Everton or Bristol Rovers to name but a few examples.

If they continue to bury their heads in the sand and fail to realise that Hibs are actively targeting future supporters ( probably one of the first things Leeann Dempster identified as an aim when she walked through the door ) then they will wake up one day to find that we have indeed taken over as the best supported club in the city ..... I'm willing to bet that we are already closer to them than we were two or three decades ago.
    Bottom line... Hibs - a club on the way up. Yams - a club in decline.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar

Many of them over on kickback are unbelievably thick.

One guy has highlighted that their prices are generally higher than Hibs (certainly for platinum) and that if both clubs ended up with the same number of ST sales then Hearts would be much better off financially. A few slight issues here with their analysis:

• Even if they did sell the same number of ST's as Hibs and did make slightly more money off those sales, we have a bigger stadium and will make more money with every sell out.
    • They have the £15m + rust bucket to pay for, and will do for a while yet.
    • They are chucking £10k a week at Naismith.

I also think it highly unlikely given this seasons performances, and the dross they are signing for next year that they will get close to matching our ST numbers.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    Hibs are the cooler and more appealing club to youngsters
    Our strips are much nicer as well.

Who would want to strut about in a burst hemmoriod bloodied turd top?

J

The penny is certainly beginning to drop for a few of the more sensible amongst them that if they don't get their act together quickly, they are going to badly miss out on the next generation of supporters. Pleasing

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk