hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Murty Away?

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uncle Waldo wouldn't touch a impoverished Hun-team with a barge-pole - he knows his limitations !
    GJP would jump at the job if the Huns came calling.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    if killie finish the season as strongly as they are going at the moment, i think clarke will stay at least another year to see how far he can take them. i think it's a project of love for him, and he knows he'll have plenty opportunities after it.

Steve Clarke will take that job. He's Celtic from what I've heard but still think it's too good an opportunity for him to turn down.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    if killie finish the season as strongly as they are going at the moment, i think clarke will stay at least another year to see how far he can take them. i think it's a project of love for him, and he knows he'll have plenty opportunities after it.
    Can't see that happening. MUCH bigger clubs will be in for him with 5, 6 7 times the wages plus a player budget to match. Killie won't have a say in it.

Their fans and supporters follow follow them as it's in their genes. They've virtually no choice.

Murty and all the other mercenaries deserve all they get.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member
    Phil Mac says that McInnes has been approached again.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    No surprise there - Aberdeen's recent results/form make him the ideal candidate !

I'd be surprised given the venomous response from Ibrox when he knocked them back a few months ago.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I'd be surprised given the venomous response from Ibrox when he knocked them back a few months ago.
    I think they’d take anyone now. Presume the £1m comp package is still on the table for the Dons?

More likely he will head south to WBA now...

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Hope so. Unsettle the two clubs.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Good news with true. Other than a penalty shootout win against ICT he's not achieved when really under the spotlight.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Who's Phil Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    Who's Phil Mac?
    https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/

An Irish journalist and Celtic fan who, despite his obvious agenda and frankly appalling prose, has managed to unearth the inside track on all matters Hun (new and old) throughout the banter years.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    Clarke’s stock is as high as it’s been since he became a manager. He will get offers for loads more cash than he’s on at Killie. IMHO he would be daft not to take one.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Clarke’s stock is as high as it’s been since he became a manager. He will get offers for loads more cash than he’s on at Killie. IMHO he would be daft not to take one.
    He is rebuilding his damaged stock after struggling in England. He'd be mad to risk the rest of his career for a stint with the New Huns. It's a guaranteed passport to be being hounded out within a year by a baying mob of Huns who can't stand getting repeatedly humped by Celtc.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    He is rebuilding his damaged stock after struggling in England. He'd be mad to risk the rest of his career for a stint with the New Huns. It's a guaranteed passport to be being hounded out within a year by a baying mob of Huns who can't stand getting repeatedly humped by Celtc.
    Anyone taking the The Rangers job is on a hiding to nothing for the foreseeable future. They can't compete financially with Celtic but their fans expect them to be competing on the pitch with them. Even if they did manage to get near them for half a season, Celtic would just go out and sign some players to blow them out of the water again but the The Rangers fans wouldn't accept the outcome.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Anyone taking the The Rangers job is on a hiding to nothing for the foreseeable future. They can't compete financially with Celtic but their fans expect them to be competing on the pitch with them. Even if they did manage to get near them for half a season, Celtic would just go out and sign some players to blow them out of the water again but the The Rangers fans wouldn't accept the outcome.
    This. It seems difficult to envisage any circumstances that could arise (absent a Chinese or Middle Eastern businessperson wishing to ingratiate his or herself with the Govan faithful - and somehow I get the feeling they wouldn't get a warm welcome, even with an open cheque book) that could see Rangers feasibly challenging Celtic in the next decade, if not longer.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Disagree.

If I was a decent manager and didn’t hate rangers as much as I do then I’d look at it as quite an easy job, short term anyway.

Forget Celtic for a second, they just need to be cementing their place as part of the big 2 again, to do that they’d need to make rangers better than teams they’ve got a budget around 10x the size of. They’ve been an absolute basket case the last few years so to improve on that would be a complete piece of piss.

If they can accept that for next season, longer term Rodgers won’t be around forever, the following season if Celtic get his replacement wrong then there’s a great opportunity to catch them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Disagree.

If I was a decent manager and didn’t hate rangers as much as I do then I’d look at it as quite an easy job, short term anyway.

Forget Celtic for a second, they just need to be cementing their place as part of the big 2 again, to do that they’d need to make rangers better than teams they’ve got a budget around 10x the size of. They’ve been an absolute basket case the last few years so to improve on that would be a complete piece of piss.

If they can accept that for next season, longer term Rodgers won’t be around forever, the following season if Celtic get his replacement wrong then there’s a great opportunity to catch them.
    Living through here it is pretty irrelevant to a large number of them who is playing for them a lot of them thought they were going to win league.

If we thought some of our fans expectations were high you need to hear this mob. They want it now and if it's not happening they want change.

A couple I work with were telling me just a few weeks ago how they could still win it this season.

Coaching Staff
    Disagree.

Well thought out post. You make very valid points.

Disagree.

Sounds reasonable for a ‘normal’ club but this is Sevco. Their fans demand success and stop Celtic. They’re obsessed with Celtic as much as the Yams are with us. 2nd best sounds fine from where they are right now, but that will soon wear thin once Celtic start strolling to 8IAR.

Sevco are in the worst place of all the bigger clubs - paying a fortune on players but unable to guarantee anything. Hibs, Hearts and Dons pay 1/10th in wages but have just as much chance of winning the LC, SC and getting into the Europa. In many ways, Sevco were better off in the lower leagues, with lower expectations and accepted lower chance of winning trophies. They are stuffed.

Don't know if the club follow the same line as many of the contributors to their on line forums, where the merest whiff of a catholic connection is highlighted and insults follow.

Clarke already been rejected by the more vociferous contributors for this very reason.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Don't know if the club follow the same line as many of the contributors to their on line forums, where the merest whiff of a catholic connection is highlighted and insults follow.

Clarke already been rejected by the more vociferous contributors for this very reason.
    Reminds me a bit of the old Jock Stein adage where, if presented with a Catholic and a Protestant player of equal ability, he would sign the Protestant, safe in the knowledge that the Catholic would not be playing for Rangers against Celtic. While attitudes have changed in terms of signing policy at Ibrox, having experienced a Rangers v Hibs game from the main stand at Ibrox, it hasn't altered all that much within the support.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post

What an absolutely mental way to look at things, Na we don't want Clarke cause he's a "fenian"...and they wonder why their club is going backwards

Disagree.

The problem is that they can’t even sustain spending at the current levels. They are losing about £6m a year, eventually something has to give and the first team budget will be cut back. With the massive overheads they have that brings them within striking distance of us, Aberdeen and the yams. So far the ticket sales have held up but it would only take a few thousand not renewing and the whole thing could come crashing down. And that’s before I get to the disfunctional board.
    Their fans are not in this for playing second fiddle to Celtic and rebuilding slowly but surely.
    A new manager has to deliver the impossible which is the league title before Celtic get to 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    The problem is that they can’t even sustain spending at the current levels. They are losing about £6m a year, eventually something has to give and the first team budget will be cut back. With the massive overheads they have that brings them within striking distance of us, Aberdeen and the yams. So far the ticket sales have held up but it would only take a few thousand not renewing and the whole thing could come crashing down. And that’s before I get to the disfunctional board.
    Their fans are not in this for playing second fiddle to Celtic and rebuilding slowly but surely.
    A new manager has to deliver the impossible which is the league title before Celtic get to 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this one going to be 7 in a row for Celtc?

Tick tock.

If Hibs sustained a real challenge next season, do you think the Hun would cheer us on?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Beggars can't be choosers. The Huns just roll from one mess to another, with the benchmark some unrealistic title challenge or beating Celtic with players that would struggle to get into the current Aberdeen or Hibs sides. McInnes' stock has fallen badly in the last few weeks - able to manufacture wins against Partick and Dundee but failing badly against decent sides in bigger games. He'll be perfect for Ibrox and ensure more years of mediocrity and failure for Sevco.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I think they’d take anyone now. Presume the £1m comp package is still on the table for the Dons?
    The Huns aren't going to be happy if their board appoint someone who rejected them a few months ago, and who that board then rubbished. Sevco needs to keep the fans happy to keep the cash coming in and someone who is struggling a bit with Aberdeen won't satisfy the knuckle draggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Beggars can't be choosers. The Huns just roll from one mess to another, with the benchmark some unrealistic title challenge or beating Celtic with players that would struggle to get into the current Aberdeen or Hibs sides. McInnes' stock has fallen badly in the last few weeks - able to manufacture wins against Partick and Dundee but failing badly against decent sides in bigger games. He'll be perfect for Ibrox and ensure more years of mediocrity and failure for Sevco.
    I predicted last time round that McInnes wouldn't go to Ibrox because the expectations there of challenging Celtc are unrealistic. I see no reason for him to change his mind so soon.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post

No way McInnes can go to Ibrox after they trashed him, surely?