Following Motherwells win the other day which got them into their 2nd cup final of the season, it got me thinking about what impact a well run social media output can have on players morale and if this plays any factor in results.

If you haven't seen any of it, Motherwell over the course of this season have done a number of videos on twitter etc that have gone viral with coaches versus players challenges and a video marking Peter Hartley's signing, which took the mickey out of the video that announced Alexis Sanchez signing for Man Utd.

It reminded me a lot of Outside the Box with Tom Zanelli that we did which was a good laugh that the players seemed to enjoy and wondered if good quality social media was a sign of a club with it's house in order. Bristol City being another example of a club using social media to good effect to bring neutrals on side with their funny gif celebrations for each goalscorer.

Or is it something clubs can only do once things are going well, for example would West Brom get away with doing light hearted videos while getting beat every week.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk