hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 922
  1. #91
    Testimonial Due Austinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like Werder Bremens current home kit. It's a beaut.
    Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 21.35.45.jpg

    Did a quick mock up.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was this created 2 years ago... when Nike still made our kits 😊

    I do like it though....

    Also liked Portugalís away kit from the last Euros.

  4. #93
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was this created 2 years ago... when Nike still made our kits 😊

    I do like it though....

    Also liked Portugalís away kit from the last Euros.
    Like this
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #94
    Testimonial Due Austinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,508
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was this created 2 years ago... when Nike still made our kits 😊

    I do like it though....

    Also liked Portugalís away kit from the last Euros.
    Just my desire to see us back in the cool kids club instead of running round in Macron 'two stripe'.

  6. #95
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Haddington
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just my desire to see us back in the cool kids club instead of running round in Macron 'two stripe'.
    If the cool kids club is the same template, identikit pish from Nike and Adidas hundreds of teams are stuck with then no thanks
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

  7. #96
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the cool kids club is the same template, identikit pish from Nike and Adidas hundreds of teams are stuck with then no thanks
    Agreed, I like the more Ďpersonalí approach that Macron have given us.

  8. #97
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,236
    hibs kit 2017-18 vlummintGreen.jpghibs kit 2017-18 vLumGreen.jpg

    Another couple of away/third kit designs.

    As you can tell i like to keep them simple... if anyone has more complex ideas then let me know and i'll see what i can do...

  9. #98
    @hibs.net private member JE89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,175
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Cod Flanders
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here are a few that I designed last year... some ideas mentioned on here and a couple that I personally like. All away kits.
    I donít buy the strips but if they made no1 or 3 from that list Iíd buy it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #99
    @hibs.net private member HH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    8,619
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hibs kit 2017-18 vlummintGreen.jpghibs kit 2017-18 vLumGreen.jpg

    Another couple of away/third kit designs.

    As you can tell i like to keep them simple... if anyone has more complex ideas then let me know and i'll see what i can do...
    Like the one on the right. Smart.
    Cougars!!!

  11. #100
    Testimonial Due Victor Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Historic Town of Dalkeith
    Posts
    2,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd love to see a white stripe/band across the front similar to the Insave kits from the 80s.
    yes, its long overdue

  12. #101
    Testimonial Due Victor Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Historic Town of Dalkeith
    Posts
    2,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just my desire to see us back in the cool kids club instead of running round in Macron 'two stripe'.
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the cool kids club is the same template, identikit pish from Nike and Adidas hundreds of teams are stuck with then no thanks
    Our last two Nike home strips were fantastic, and both were unique templates to Hibs.

    Those strips will be remebered as iconic ones in years to come.

  13. #102
    First Team Breakthrough TelaStella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    EH16
    Posts
    286
    On the subject of kit manufacturers Iíve never pretended to like macron and I admit I was left feeling rather disappointed when I heard weíd be going into partnership with them this season. Our home top is probably about as good as weíll get and Iím not overly keen on the away one but thatís just my opinion. A lot of people are quick to criticise Nike and Adidas but Iím never really sure why? I loved us with Nike and you canít deny the old Adidas tops of the late 80ís/early 90ís looked the absolute **** so Iíd always be willing to try them again some day.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #103
    Testimonial Due Austinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,508
    The thing I donít like with Macron is I think we went overboard with all the customisations. The nature of us having green body with white sleeves, white shorts and green socks means our home shirts are already more cluttered to begin with. Chuck in the rugby collar, all the bottle green trim on different parts of the kit, the detailed stitching, the Ďglory gloryí on the back, the hooped subtle hooped stripes, the Macron logos on the shoulders, the white band at the bottom, the watermark Hibs crest underneath the actual Hibs crest etc. All seems a bit overkill when a good Hibs shirt relies on simplicity.

    It also looks half chav, half rugby kit to me. Oh, and the shade of green they are using on some of the training gear is just so so wrong.

    Theyíve made some great kits for other teams, so Iíve not lost hope yet.

  15. #104
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,208
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    I hope they get rid/change the collar design. Not a fan of how it

  16. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing I donít like with Macron is I think we went overboard with all the customisations. The nature of us having green body with white sleeves, white shorts and green socks means our home shirts are already more cluttered to begin with. Chuck in the rugby collar, all the bottle green trim on different parts of the kit, the detailed stitching, the Ďglory gloryí on the back, the hooped subtle hooped stripes, the Macron logos on the shoulders, the white band at the bottom, the watermark Hibs crest underneath the actual Hibs crest etc. All seems a bit overkill when a good Hibs shirt relies on simplicity.
    Totally agree. Simplicity is best. I get it footballs a commercial money driven business and that sponsors names are necessary but when you get strips with sponsor names on the back plus the front and all the additions you've described it just gets totally cluttered.

    Maybe one of the reasons people liked 80s / 90s strips so much was that while they had a sponsors name on the front that was the extent of the customising.

    I'm a man of a certain age so strips aren't aimed at me and I wouldnt be buying one but I'm invariably disappointed when our new one always looks like an advertising display.

  17. #106
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,236
    Apart from the collar (in my opinion) there’s not much wrong with this season’s home kit. All the additions that you say clutter the design are quite subtle...

    I’ve got a feeling that patterns are on their way back this season, just looking at the World Cup shirt designs... club shirt after big international tournaments tend to nod towards what has been seen in the summer.

    We should probably be thankful we are with Macron this year as Nike, Adidas, Umbro, etc will all be releasing interesting shirts next year.
    Last edited by BlackSheep; 17-04-2018 at 09:08 AM.

  18. #107
    Director of Coaching
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,824
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the subject of kit manufacturers Iíve never pretended to like macron and I admit I was left feeling rather disappointed when I heard weíd be going into partnership with them this season. Our home top is probably about as good as weíll get and Iím not overly keen on the away one but thatís just my opinion. A lot of people are quick to criticise Nike and Adidas but Iím never really sure why? I loved us with Nike and you canít deny the old Adidas tops of the late 80ís/early 90ís looked the absolute **** so Iíd always be willing to try them again some day.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Macron quality is sweets ahead of adidas and nike. imho. I've had both for youth teams in the past and Macron is miles better.

  19. #108
    @hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our last two Nike home strips were fantastic, and both were unique templates to Hibs.

    Those strips will be remebered as iconic ones in years to come.
    No they weren't!
    Kicking it in Wellington .

  20. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by WellingtonHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No they weren't!
    Indeed the Dundee Utd away kit that year was the same template as our cup winning kit and the Malaga away kit was the same template as our home kit last year.

    I think the white sleeves may have been a customisation but the basic template was just that.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  21. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed the Dundee Utd away kit that year was the same template as our cup winning kit and the Malaga away kit was the same template as our home kit last year.

    I think the white sleeves may have been a customisation but the basic template was just that.

    Yep both were just bog standard green tempates with white sleeves added - i think this was due to the poor reception of the all green straight out the book 14.99 template of 14/15 that was caused by the continued lack of a suitable 'sleeved' template in the nike range since arsenal moved to puma.

    15/16 was a bottle green version of the previous seasons white away (i think )
    The Spartans wore last year home template on saturday (in all white with red trim)

  22. #111
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,236
    Celtic's new kit is to be revealed next week... I'm guessing we will wait until most of this year's stock is gone in the current sale.

  23. #112
    @hibs.net private member My_Wife_Camille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,896
    Blog Entries
    1
    quite like this one from twitter

    orange.jpg

  24. #113
    @hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lancashire
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,537
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    quite like this one from twitter

    orange.jpg
    Yes orange & blue, that will be popular

  25. #114
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,691
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    quite like this one from twitter

    orange.jpg

  26. #115
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    quite like this one from twitter

    orange.jpg
    Which rangers fan did u swipe that from 😂😂

  27. #116
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,236
    hibs kit 2018-19 v2_white away.jpg

    Would love to see this wee number.

  28. #117
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Lytham St Annes
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,791
    Have we ever played in maroon? With union jack Brits on the pizz shorts perhaps? Orange socks naturally.

  29. #118
    Testimonial Due Victor Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Historic Town of Dalkeith
    Posts
    2,603
    Quote Originally Posted by WellingtonHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No they weren't!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed the Dundee Utd away kit that year was the same template as our cup winning kit and the Malaga away kit was the same template as our home kit last year.

    I think the white sleeves may have been a customisation but the basic template was just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by hibstag View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep both were just bog standard green tempates with white sleeves added - i think this was due to the poor reception of the all green straight out the book 14.99 template of 14/15 that was caused by the continued lack of a suitable 'sleeved' template in the nike range since arsenal moved to puma.

    15/16 was a bottle green version of the previous seasons white away (i think )
    The Spartans wore last year home template on saturday (in all white with red trim)
    Fair do's although the white sleeves makes them unique I suppose but actually being unique isnt always a good thing. ( The bukta and mitre shambolic efforts of the 90s for example)

    Regardless of the fact one or two other clubs had similar templates, def two of our finest strips since polyester was invented

  30. #119
    Coaching Staff Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hunbar
    Posts
    7,595
    So just to confirm nobody has any info...

  31. #120
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So just to confirm nobody has any info...
    Looks that way 😂

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved