hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Good luck Motherwell. I love to see fans happy- hope they do the unthinkable!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Much as there are a number of clubs - topped by Sevco - that I don't like I find it really odd that any Hibs supporter would put the success or failure of any other club above the interests of Hibs.

Should we finish 2nd or 3rd I'd find it hilarious if Motherwell won the cup to deny Sevco.
    Anything where they deny us not so much.....

Can't stand the crowing of Tam Cowan every time a) Motherwell win a match or b) when Hibs lose a match.

He has a well known bias for the other side of the city so my allegiance is certainly not with Motherwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't stand the crowing of Tam Cowan every time a) Motherwell win a match or b) when Hibs lose a match.

He has a well known bias for the other side of the city so my allegiance is certainly not with Motherwell.

I think that's perfectly reasonable.

If it's to make Tam Cowan a wee bit more miserable, then I can totally understand that kind of motivation

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I want what’s best for Hibs

Read online that Motherwell are asking for only 13K tickets as they want the final to be a sell out. It went on to say that the 'Glasgow Giants' were not pleased that Hibs only sold 10K tickets for the league Cup semi final against them. Well I was there and I'm not that sure that they even sold out their allocation. I've got photos and a video on my phone so better have a look

Edit: Looks like they did. Ah well. .
    Last edited by iwasthere1972; 16-04-2018 at 08:19 PM.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Read online that Motherwell are asking for only 13K tickets as they want the final to be a sell out. It went on to say that the 'Glasgow Giants' were not pleased that Hibs only sold 10K tickets for the league Cup semi final against them. Well I was there and I'm not that sure that they even sold out their allocation. I've got photos and a video on my phone so better have a look

We took more than 10k btw . If we finnish 4th I’ll be rooting for Celtic to get our place in Europe.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post

I think it said that we returned 10000 of our allocation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Much as there are a number of clubs - topped by Sevco - that I don't like I find it really odd that any Hibs supporter would put the success or failure of any other club above the interests of Hibs.

Should we finish 2nd or 3rd I'd find it hilarious if Motherwell won the cup to deny Sevco.
    Anything where they deny us not so much.....
    I’d find it funnier that Celtic didn’t win the treble than rangers not getting into Europe. Would be a failure of monumental levels if that lot didn’t sweep up the lot.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    We're 4th: I'll want Celtic to win more than most Celtic fans
    We're 3rd/5th: C'mon Well
    We're 2nd: (and would get in a round earlier with a Celtic win): I'll kind of want Celtic to win, but not be too concerned.
    Mon the Hibs.

Really don't want celtic getting a second treble

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Apologies. 2 articles I read said differently but can’t argue with the SPFL confirming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well I wouldn’t trust the SPFL to get anything right.

This said different:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018..._Europa_League

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    We're 2nd: (and would get in a round earlier with a Celtic win): I'll kind of want Celtic to win, but not be too concerned.
    That’s how I feel - entry a round later helps. But if we’re second and Sevco are fourth I might find myself cheering on the Well.

Wonder how many Sevconians would want a Celtc win in that situation?

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Agree with all that. Whatever is best for Hibs.

Leaving Hibs considerations aside,couldn't care less who wins. While a Celtc win would herald in all sorts of media fawning about a double treble without any mention that's its a one horse race and they have 10 times everyone else budget, I have never liked Motherwell. Part of that's a 70s /80s thing and part of its their media mouthpiece Cowan.