hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 104
  1. #31
    Testimonial Due 1van Sprou7e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Doon Leith
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope. Scottish cup winners enter at round 2. If Celtic win it, 2nd place will enter at round 2, and 3rd/4th in round 1


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Except that's not true

    https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/euro...cation-201718/


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Scottish Cup Champion CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Rosyth, Fife
    Age
    36
    Posts
    12,535
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apologies. 2 articles I read said differently but canít argue with the SPFL confirming.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Larbert
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,159
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was last year. Scottish Cup winners (or 2nd place if not Motherwell) enter in round 2, the other two enter in round 1.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018Ė1..._Europa_League

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member My_Wife_Camille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,685
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thatís for season 2017/18 not 2018/19

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thatís a year out of date

  7. #36
    Testimonial Due 1van Sprou7e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Doon Leith
    Posts
    1,451
    woops

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member My_Wife_Camille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,685
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they really don't.
    They really do

    https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles...1_DOWNLOAD.pdf

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    21,878
    We will take care of business. Donít care who wins the cup.

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    mayfield
    Age
    47
    Posts
    4,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    This thread has got my head spinning. We need to Finnish 3rd or better to absolutely guarantee European football next season. End of . Then we can enjoy the final without losing our place should Well win it .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member Col2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,796
    A tanking for Celtic v Rangers tomorrow and both our immediate rivals for 2nd and 3rd could be Iím freefall.

    Losing a semi final especially when you have not turned up (like Aberdeen today) can have a huge impact on next few games.

    McInnes blast and admission that his recruitment in last tow windows have failed will hardly inspire those he is referring to.

  12. #41
    Sevco sitting in 4th spot then losing the final to a dodgy call would be superb.

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,879
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cant see well beating Celtic in the final, they'd beat the huns if they somehow manage to win tomorrow
    Deja vu all over again?

  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    71
    Posts
    15,418
    Blog Entries
    1
    I think Aberdeen will pick up the pieces after today and hold on for third place. I think we will hold on for fourth, so Motherwell could be the spanner in the works for us. I wanted to see them going out today, so I hope Celtic, if they do the business tomorrow, cuff them in the final.

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,616
    Dream scenario is we get Euro place in league and can watch the Final hoping Motherwell cuff either Of.
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    28,752
    why do some want motherwell to win the SC if they do then they will equal our amount of wins...no ta, although it would be quite difficult to deny them another win if it's the filthy hun they meet

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mount Florida
    Posts
    18,984
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need Celtic to win the cup as it guarantees Europa league

    Not if we finish 2nd or 3rd.


    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why do some want motherwell to win the SC if they do then they will equal our amount of wins...no ta, although it would be quite difficult to deny them another win if it's the filthy hun they meet

    Why do some want The Rangers or Celtc to win the Cup?
    Last edited by Keekaboo; 14-04-2018 at 03:42 PM.

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    71
    Posts
    15,418
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not if we finish 2nd or 3rd.
    Unlikely. But thatís opinions for you.

  19. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need Celtic to win the cup as it guarantees Europa league
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not if we finish 2nd or 3rd.
    Or 5th.

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    50
    Posts
    54,325
    Ideally we overtake Rangers on the last day to finish second and Motherwell beat them in the final the following weekend.

    It'll be like 1986 all over again

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    28,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not if we finish 2nd or 3rd.





    Why do some want The Rangers or Celtc to win the Cup?

    why would some want motherwell to be as successful as us in the scottish cup

  22. #51
    Testimonial Due 1van Sprou7e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Doon Leith
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why do some want motherwell to win the SC if they do then they will equal our amount of wins...no ta, although it would be quite difficult to deny them another win if it's the filthy hun they meet
    Who cares?

    *****ing Vale of Leven have the same number of cup wins as we do

  23. #52
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    28,752
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who cares?

    *****ing Vale of Leven have the same number of cup wins as we do



    can you not work that one out ? ******* duh

  24. #53
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    32,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Ich liebe Deek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sevco sitting in 4th spot then losing the final to a dodgy call would be superb.
    The Club 1872 statement would be a joy to behold.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  25. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ideal situation would be the following:-

    2nd Hibs
    3rd Aberdeen
    4th The Rangers

    Scottish Cup - Motherwell
    SPOT ON!


  26. #55
    Iíll decide who I want to win based on where we finish.

  27. #56
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mount Florida
    Posts
    18,984
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why would some want motherwell to be as successful as us in the scottish cup

    To enjoy the warm glow of watching The Rangers or Celtc lose the final. That OK with you?

  28. #57
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,084
    Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would rather Motherwell beat Celtic in final regardless what it means for us. Europe is overrated. Pumped out after one tie againt a Slovenian side in all probability.


    Europe is all we ever play for. If it's not worth it then why bother?
    Mon the Hibs.

  29. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would rather Motherwell beat Celtic in final regardless what it means for us. Europe is overrated. Pumped out after one tie againt a Slovenian side in all probability.
    Aye yer right, that trip to denmark was *****. Hertz have no chance of europe so your safe in the knowledge that your lot can stick to dunfermline and falkirk in friendlies

  30. #59
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    13,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huns lose tomorrow heavily Murty punted, John Brown until the end of the season Motherwell cup we finish 3rd.

    Why canít we aim for 2nd?

    Der Hun have a vastly superior goal difference so effectively 4 points ahead... but not insurmountable.

  31. #60
    @hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Last Train to Skaville
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,793
    If European football is still in our hands to go and get then we should not expect or rely on favours from others. Still a great season for first year back up no matter how it goes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved